Author Topic: (Answered) C3i in mast mounts  (Read 1552 times)

A. Lurker

• Major
(Answered) C3i in mast mounts
« on: 10 June 2014, 08:11:16 »
Per latest errata, "C3 systems" installed in VTOL mast mounts are "limited to slave units" (bottom of pages 9 and 73 in the PDF). Now, C3i doesn't actually make the master/slave distinction. Does that mean that

(a) C3i cannot be installed in a mast mount because it is a "C3 system" and not a "slave" per se, or else that

(b) C3i can in fact be installed in a mast mount because it is an electronic system (basically allowed) and not specifically C3 as such?

I could see this going either way depending on the actual behind-the-scenes reasoning behind limiting mast-mounted C3 to slaves, so I figured I'd ask. (For example, if -- speculating here -- the main intent was to prevent VTOLs from getting around the prohibition against mast-mounted TAG by simply placing a C3 master unit in the mast instead, then allowing C3i to be installed in place of a plain C3 slave would cause no issues in that respect because C3i doesn't come with built-in TAG capability anyway.)
« Last Edit: 30 September 2014, 13:26:22 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) C3i in mast mounts
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2014, 17:29:07 »
C3i is permissible, and the wording will be tweaked in the next errata to reflect this.  Thanks.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0