Author Topic: Fallout: Exploding onto your screen April 2024  (Read 1062 times)

17thRecon

• Master Sergeant
Re: Fallout: Exploding onto your screen April 2024
« Reply #30 on: 16 April 2024, 09:53:29 »
Just finished episode 8, and I’m impressed and excited for season 2. It really did come full circle on the four different plot threads (Lucy, Maximus, Norm, and Cooper), tie them all together and then tie them into the greater plot that’ll be Season 2. I can’t speak to the references to the game (and I totally missed the super mutant hand cameo), but I still really liked it.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 16 April 2024, 10:16:03 »
watching it in spurts
love what the set designers had done! its like the sets themselves are characters like actors that play in them. this is rare since most shows try to upstage actors with sets to hide bad acting and story telling
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #32 on: 16 April 2024, 14:22:44 »
No, they're not doing lore dumps, they're doing "previously on" recaps of what's happened in previous episodes as if we were watching this show on broadcast television and we only got one shot to see each episode before the summer reruns.

the producer has come out saying he doesn't like whole season drops, and prefers slow episodic release. so it is possible he made the show the way he preferred (meant to be released an episode a week or whatever), and Amazon just decided to drop it all at once anyway.

given previous amazon programming like rings of power was released in episodic fashion, and that drew a lot of flak (and the narrative for each episode in the media tended to be focused on how questionable so much of the writing and production was for each shows budget), it is possible amazon dropped it all at once in an effort to insulate itself if the show was a dud.. only for it to be good and have that quick release actually harm its public presence some.

i wonder if season 2 will continue the season drops or go back to episodic
« Last Edit: 16 April 2024, 14:24:49 by glitterboy2098 »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #33 on: 16 April 2024, 14:51:03 »
I don't think that a quick release harmed it too much: streaming shows being dropped a season at a time is not unpopular.  I just feel that recaps are not generally necessary for streaming shows because you can easily go back and rewatch older episodes if you feel like you're missing something.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

17thRecon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 16 April 2024, 17:20:20 »
There’s also that little box on the lower left that says “Skip Recap”. But I gripe about that because I always forget that there is a recap in most of the shows I watch and by the time I get through all the menus and get the show started, I’ve already set my remote down, 😆

Death Monkey

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 16 April 2024, 22:10:50 »

+...and it brings up the question many fans are asking, 'what is the canon ending?'. Based on the damage here, and the beating NCR took over the last few years? I'm not entirely sure the answer isn't 'Legion won'.

A YouTuber I was watching pointed out that the Strip is littered with Securitrons covered in claw marks and Deathclaw skulls. So, what if House won and the Strip was overrun by the Deathclaw horde from the unmarked Deathclaw plateau on the south side of the New Vegas map?

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #36 on: 17 April 2024, 20:39:54 »
Well I finished it today I must say I was seriously impressed it stayed very true to how the games felt, I liked the gimmick of 33 as well that was clever. All three mains were great, I liked how they told Coopers path too that was clever. All three actors did a great job

I loved the board meeting where they were deciding exactly how things were going to be broken up with the Vaults including the wink to the Super mutant FEV vault. I enjoyed how they pinned the whole thing on them and showed it's still going on

Also how broken Lucy was when she realised the world kept ticking even without the vault dwellees, all in all it was very well done
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 20 April 2024, 11:33:19 »
have to admit the music from f3 and f4 makes a nice touch
ghouls going feral when not given meds can fall into fallout universe dont forget not all ghouls were the same and some dont go feral at all while some can regress and it was fun to see some were actually smart enough to either post pone or halt feralization with meds...and vault lore is pretty spot on from the creators bible of the games
 a lot of things are played to absurd levels goes back to first fallout games which is what made fo games fun.
have t admit acting is pretty good and seems more natural than most shows and the pc stuff is on minimal which is a refreshing touch
and hope the flavor and standard will continue to next seasons...yeas second season confirmed and of it is as good as first it has a nice future ahead as long as it stays true within fo creators bible
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!