Author Topic: Guess who's back!  (Read 1175 times)

Fallen_Raven

• Major
Guess who's back!
« on: 28 June 2018, 00:09:43 »
I've been out of the loop for the past few years, doing this crazy thing where I went back to college. The last thing I was here for was Field Manual:3145. Now I'm looking to get back in, but I could use a catch up on what's happened since then. Anyone want to fill me in?
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: Guess who's back!
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2018, 01:40:17 »
New box sets
Harmony Gold sued Jordan Weisman, HBS, PGI, and CGL over new art for the unseen. Case settled, we still (assumed) have the new art. Not sure how many souls PGI sacrificed for it.
BattleMech Manual released.
Interstellar Operations and Campaign Operations released.
TRO Succession Wars released.
MechWarrior 5 in development and looks pretty kick ass.
New line developer and art director (iirc)
More famous people died and we cried :'(
Still no BattleTech movie
Zombiecide Green Horde ships this month I think... not sure when I will get mine.

Not sure what else... MegaMek has a new stable.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Guess who's back!
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2018, 17:08:40 »
ilClan, the capstone sourcebook for the Dark Age,  was reformatted and split into two books. It seems (at least to me) they wanted to use it as a spring board forward rather than a final act. Shattered Fortress (ilClan vol 1) theoretically drops this year. We know little else about it besides the cover art

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?