Author Topic: 3145 Mechs you want to see next  (Read 27794 times)

GunjiNoKanrei

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • tired ... very tired ...
    • darklined.com
Re: 3145 Mechs you want to see next
« Reply #150 on: 02 December 2014, 06:04:03 »
The Zeus-X is a new sculpt, the Agrotera is the standing version which debuted at GenCon.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #151 on: 02 December 2014, 08:02:00 »
Hopefully the Gotterdammerung is in the works, though a creative (well paided person with spare money) could mode an existing reseen Thunderbolt mini to look like it.  But i'd like have actual thing.

I know it's not on 3145 theme of this thread, but I'd hope more primitives are coming too, like from the recent XTRO: Primitves vol 3 and 4.  I'd like to have one those Swordman (aka a Shadowhawk in disguise) Rifleman, Griffin.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #152 on: 02 December 2014, 09:27:42 »
Cool.  (Woulda preferred a Stalker II, Kodiak II, Tomahawk II, Gotterdamerung, or Templar III but cool)  Are the Agrotera and Zeus X going to be re-releases of the same sculpt we've seen?

As Gunji said...the Agrotera is going to be the same "Standing" one that was at GenCon. GenCon was used as a pre-release alongside the Jumping one, which...if all goes well...the Jumping one should be released a couple months before Christmas 2015 as an Online Exclusive...but that's totally up to IWM.

The Zeus will be a new sculpt (yes another one), based on the TRO 3145 artwork.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #153 on: 02 December 2014, 09:37:52 »
The Night Stalker, Havoc, Agrotera, and Zeus-X ZEU-4X are supposed to be released the week of February 15th.
None of my "most wanted" but still a decent selection.  The Agritera at least could fit into my updated version of my House Hiritsu list.    ^-^
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
« Reply #154 on: 02 December 2014, 10:03:00 »
Havoc!!

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #155 on: 02 December 2014, 10:16:29 »
Yeah, Havoc is nice. I'm also pulling for the quick release of primitives like the Griffin,  Rifleman and Swordsman. Those would sell like hotcakes on my opinion.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #156 on: 02 December 2014, 11:11:45 »

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #157 on: 02 December 2014, 11:36:27 »
Havoc and Stalker II is what I want to see, but there are also older mechs from older TRO's that need a sculpt. I for one have long awaited the Von Rohrs to get a release.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #158 on: 02 December 2014, 12:53:07 »
Night Stalker, Havoc, Agrotera and a Zeus variant.

Not that I'm necessarily unhappy with this list, but what was the point of this thread if none of the top requests made it on (eg Seraph, Gotterdamrung, Templar III, Juliano, etc.)?

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
« Reply #159 on: 02 December 2014, 13:46:47 »
Not that I'm necessarily unhappy with this list, but what was the point of this thread if none of the top requests made it on (eg Seraph, Gotterdamrung, Templar III, Juliano, etc.)?

Could also be those were already in the pipeline?

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #160 on: 02 December 2014, 14:05:55 »

That was my assumption. I'm really happy with the list myself; the Night Stalker is a fun 'Mech that is probably used by a number of factions, the Agrotera is just pretty and the Havoc is a great alternative to the old Jenner.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #161 on: 02 December 2014, 14:10:34 »
The Zeus will be a new sculpt (yes another one), based on the TRO 3145 artwork.

Having constructed and partially painted one-- I can safely say that the 3145 Zeus-X is one of my favorite miniatures of all time.

Seriously. Behrle did an amazing job with her. Hand sculpted perfection. 

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #162 on: 02 December 2014, 14:25:56 »

SC hit it on the nose...

The releases I mentioned were supposed to be a December release this year, but due to delays throughout the year...they have been pushed back in to February of 2015. The first time I saw them on the schedule was earlier this year, I think around April if I recall...but because it was so far in advance, they were marked as possible releases.

IWM will only confirm publicly that an item will be made once they are closer to their release date...usually about 6 months in advance based on what I've seen over the years.

As far as what's due past the February release...I've got no idea, nothing has been mentioned, and even if it was...any "possible" releases aren't supposed to be talked about as they aren't confirmed at that time.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #163 on: 02 December 2014, 16:38:24 »
It seems like there's a greater delay than usual. Was the move responsible for pushing all of these releases back?

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #164 on: 02 December 2014, 17:12:46 »
It seems like there's a greater delay than usual. Was the move responsible for pushing all of these releases back?

That I'm not sure on, I know some of the minis that are coming out are being done via CAD manufacturing...which they have run in to some issues with such as the recently released Cardinal. The Cockpit wasn't working out right with the CAD design when they went to mold it. So they had to call in someone to hand sculpt just the cockpit...and tada...we have the Cardinal.

Now...don't take this part as gospel...but...

It's possible it's CAD delays, possible it was due to the move, but the majority of delays I'm told is due to sculptors missing their deadlines.