Author Topic: feeling of vehicles in Alpha Strike?  (Read 4163 times)

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
Re: feeling of vehicles in Alpha Strike?
« Reply #30 on: 29 August 2018, 11:18:44 »
That sounds like "Priority fire mission, infantry in the open" to me, but if you landed that at an urban drop port... <shudder> Fall back and nuke it from orbit, you're never digging them out.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #31 on: 29 August 2018, 11:49:47 »
well i'd originally designed the unit as a Militia force.. defensive focus, being a 'flypaper' unit meant to slow down an invading mech force while other forces arrive.  i wasn't thinking of using them offensively. if part of an offensive, i would assume such a force would be supplemental to a more conventional mech force, meant to act as a force multiplier and secure sites the mech force takes. being able to fit two regiments worth of combined armor and infantry into a single, fairly common dropship would certainly free up more collar space on a jumpship for other dropships with more valuable hardware in an invasion force.
« Last Edit: 29 August 2018, 11:55:30 by glitterboy2098 »

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #32 on: 29 August 2018, 15:23:38 »
Tried using the search button, but with no results. Seems the search engine is not the most potent part of the forum...

Today we played a 2 hour RPG session. It included putting 4 Myrmidons against a Dragon and a OrionK battlemechs. According to PV it was a 92 vs 71 point engagement favouring the tanks. Terrain was formed by rock columns that could not be climbed and gentle rolling ground, so you could take a hull down position easily if you wanted.

It might be that we suck with tanks, but I had to reign myself with the mechs not to crush the players. :/ I did not like that and I think they didn't either.

So, are there any entries on good tank tactics? Or general Alpha strike tactics articles?

Thanks