Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Inner Sphere / Gray Death Legion timeline?
« Last post by Frabby on Today at 06:12:45 »
So, I've finally started reading A Rock and a Hard Place and was hoping to datamine it for Sarna.
And right off the bat, I see that it runs roughshod over the established canonical GDL timeline?!

Previous sources, up to the 2021 Turning Points: Helm, established that the storyline of The Price of Glory essentially begins when the GDL returns to Helm, making planetfall on 24 March 3028; the final battle and recovery of the memory core is dated 1 April 3028.
However, in A Rock and a Hard Place, the GDL arrives on Glengarry on 2 March 3028 and the whole Helm episode has already happened.

Has this been officially adressed yet? (I haven't been able to find anything in the Search function.)
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by Akamia on Today at 06:07:47 »
Defend
Mark Felton
Xandria - Two worlds
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by NightSarge on Today at 06:04:28 »
attack
Aerospace Combat / Re: FC Naval Command Decision
« Last post by Alan Grant on Today at 05:47:58 »
The scenario you laid out, to me, is a LOT less about what to do with the Foxes, and more about the question of "Where are we going to get some battleships or battlecruisers? Because we're going to need them...." (as you count up all the Clan and Combine heavy cruisers/battlecruisers/battleships that are out there now)

From your description the Clans are preparing for the possibility of mass warship engagements, and even just a star of the Jade Falcon/Wolf Black Lions with a Texas in the lead will be devastating, and the Combine's new battleships are a problem also.

The F-C would be forced to find their own. Whether that's the Mjolnir or something else. That's priority 1.

No Destroyer, original Fox, upgraded Fox or replacement destroyer, can really overcome that problem. The F-C still needs a viable destroyer to have a balanced naval force that can fill a variety of missions. But getting a battleship or battlecruiser online, and getting about 4-12 of them built is far more important, and the F-C is very behind on that.

If it helped to move toward that goal, I might even temporarily suspend other naval production until this goal is met.

There's lots of fluff in canon books that say what the Inner Sphere dreaded was the thought that the Clans might mass their fleets and use them a lot more. There are sentiments and acknowledgements in canon sources that if this happened, the Clans would be virtually unstoppable in space. Followed by a lot of hope that the Clans just keep doing what they are doing and hold warships back as more akin to support assets.

Whether you meant to or not. The scenario you laid out is the absolute worst case naval scenario (and also the best-case scenario for how/why the F-C would suddenly and dramatically start pumping out some kind of battlecruiser/battleship)
No, tiny droplets are one of if not the most efficient (in terms of per unit mass) method to increase heat dissipation via increasing surface area.

Do you think that the vacumn area does have any material to transfer the heat? The only possible way to transfer heat in vacumn is by the radiation. I did not deny the fact that it does increases the area of radiation, though. Also, even without the mechanism to shoot the radiation energy you can simply shoot it from the surface of the ship, that does not needs for the additional control systems.

Also remember that the density of those debris is a factor, for some of the radiations are hits the other debris.

No, tiny droplets are one of if not the most efficient (in terms of per unit mass) method to increase heat dissipation via increasing surface area.And the microparticle droplets would be of negligible concern in the vastness of space.  Even if/when small amounts of material escapes the cooling system, the droplets will cool down extremely quickly, so getting hit by these superheated particles is not a major issue, and in Battletech there's already plenty of matter flying around in a fight from matter coming out through the spaceship exhaust, weapons fire, spaceship debris, etc.  Probably far less practical in an atmosphere though, since you'll likely accidentally collect material from the atmosphere into your radiation system which is no bueno.

Indeed no if the only one single ship does, and also does not stays for the single system for several decades to centuries. But yes if most ships are frequently uses it all the times. For it is still the debris, with some vector and power. Usually ships in battletech can handle those tiny debris but if such a system is widely used and spread those debris through the galaxy(or at least within inner sphere) it could make far dense cloud of debris.
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Speed paint random stuff.
« Last post by Elmoth on Today at 05:01:01 »
I hate when people do superior quality stuff in speed paint when I do woese with hours and hours of dedication.

Great stuff. Lots of kudos and envy. :)

Xavi
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Speed paint random stuff.
« Last post by jimdigris on Today at 04:59:43 »
 :smilie_happy_thumbup:
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: A couple of Typhoon.
« Last post by jimdigris on Today at 04:59:23 »
 :smilie_happy_thumbup:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register