Author Topic: New to MekHQ - Questions  (Read 47767 times)

JenniferinaMAD

• Warrant Officer
Re: New to MekHQ - Questions
« Reply #120 on: 24 August 2015, 05:44:44 »
There is a way to get underweight mechs through customisation, but only if they don't carry maximum armour.

What you do is increase their armour tons until their nominal weight is filled up, but then you don't assign the points to any location. This will not take extra time, cost extra money, increase the refit class or use up any resources (only actually changing the armour points in a location does that), but of course it isn't possible if you can't up the armour tons by enough to make up the difference.

BeeRockxs

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #121 on: 24 August 2015, 08:12:12 »
Just removing components should work just fine in MML.

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
  • Look out, there is a monkey on your back!
« Reply #122 on: 24 August 2015, 16:31:41 »
The ability to refit underweight units will be available in 0.3.17. I jut put it in a nag dialog to make sure you know you are about to refit an underweight unit.
MegaMek Dev and Bug Creator

The Flaming Devil Monkeys - The adventures of a band of misfit gladiators turned mercenary mechwarriors during the Word of Blake Jihad.
The Free Company of Oriente - No longer bound by the politics of the great houses, the Free Company of Oriente seeks its fate and fortune among the stars.
Ronin Cat Avengers - Fleeing the destruction of their Clan across an Inner Sphere at war, the Ronin Cat Avengers seek a new home ... and vengeance.

Make your own campaign website with the MekHQ Blog

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #123 on: 24 August 2015, 17:00:41 »
I love that fix Taharqa... straight off of the boards from last week... taduh! New Feature! O0

cmoreland

• Corporal
  • I've got a gut feeling in my stomach...
« Reply #124 on: 27 August 2015, 09:22:25 »
The ability to refit underweight units will be available in 0.3.17. I jut put it in a nag dialog to make sure you know you are about to refit an underweight unit.

Good lord man, can I somehow get a few beers to you for this? THANKS!!

EDIT: By the way, I ended up doing the salvage method mentioned earlier to refit the Locust with Mongoose's ERLL instead of the Locust's LL. Worked fine, but would love to be able to refit underweight chassis to get something in a battle quickly if need be.
« Last Edit: 27 August 2015, 09:24:25 by cmoreland »

cmoreland

• Corporal
« Reply #125 on: 27 August 2015, 11:54:14 »
Unrelated but..how do prisoner/bondsmen work in MekHQ? If I want to bring them into the fold and make them a bondsman, how do I eventually get them into a 'mech fighting with/for me?

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #126 on: 27 August 2015, 12:02:30 »
Right click on them... change Prisoner Status to Free

go nutz

cmoreland

• Corporal
« Reply #127 on: 27 August 2015, 14:28:57 »
Right click on them... change Prisoner Status to Free

go nutz

Hmm, are there any rules outlining possible traitor/defection on previous prisoners? Seems so easy! Hi Capellan scum! I just blew up your 'mech last round. Here, you can have one of mine don't shoot me please on the next drop.'

XD

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #128 on: 27 August 2015, 14:44:02 »
AtB 2.31 and other versions contain Prisoner Defection Rules. They are broken in MHQ currently.

You can roll the dice by hand. Or make something up:)

cmoreland

• Corporal
« Reply #129 on: 31 August 2015, 13:30:05 »
Afternoon! I'm having trouble understand or finding material on the letter-grade rating of units. Is F better than A or vice versa?

Thank you!

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #130 on: 31 August 2015, 13:48:06 »
For Unit Maintenance Quality F > A

For RAT Tables A > F

For Part Availability during Eras A > F

cmoreland

• Corporal
« Reply #131 on: 31 August 2015, 13:56:08 »
For Unit Maintenance Quality F > A

For RAT Tables A > F

For Part Availability during Eras A > F

Thank you! Incredibly helpful.

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #132 on: 31 August 2015, 14:07:54 »
Thank you! Incredibly helpful.

I try :) O0

JenniferinaMAD

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #133 on: 31 August 2015, 17:56:53 »
Why would they do that (using the same scale in two different directions for different things)?  :o :-\

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #134 on: 31 August 2015, 19:10:31 »
Why would they do that (using the same scale in two different directions for different things)?  :o :-\

Excellent question. Right up there with "why would they have damage to Aero SI halved instead of just doubling the value of SI?" Or "Why can LRM20s on a dropship headcap a mech?" But I have found that it is best to approach some parts of the battletech rules more as an archaeologist uncovering the quaint rules of pre-rational society (i.e. the 1980s) than to treat it as a modern exercise in programming logic.

In any case, we really should have an unofficial option to switch that for parts quality. I believe it would be as easy to program as falling off a log.

The Flaming Devil Monkeys - The adventures of a band of misfit gladiators turned mercenary mechwarriors during the Word of Blake Jihad.
The Free Company of Oriente - No longer bound by the politics of the great houses, the Free Company of Oriente seeks its fate and fortune among the stars.
Ronin Cat Avengers - Fleeing the destruction of their Clan across an Inner Sphere at war, the Ronin Cat Avengers seek a new home ... and vengeance.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #135 on: 31 August 2015, 19:21:49 »
And as far as I can think of (feel free to correct me if I'm not remembering something), Quality is the only one of all the things Battletech uses an A-F rating scale for that A is the worst and F is the best.

Dragoons Rating, RATs/unit ratings, parts availability, SocioIndustrial ratings, are all A>F

ralgith

• Captain
    • Dylan's BattleTech Emporium
« Reply #136 on: 31 August 2015, 20:24:58 »
Excellent question. Right up there with "why would they have damage to Aero SI halved instead of just doubling the value of SI?" Or "Why can LRM20s on a dropship headcap a mech?" But I have found that it is best to approach some parts of the battletech rules more as an archaeologist uncovering the quaint rules of pre-rational society (i.e. the 1980s) than to treat it as a modern exercise in programming logic.

In any case, we really should have an unofficial option to switch that for parts quality. I believe it would be as easy to program as falling off a log.

Yes, lets.

The option, not the log falling.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #137 on: 01 September 2015, 00:15:40 »
And as far as I can think of (feel free to correct me if I'm not remembering something), Quality is the only one of all the things Battletech uses an A-F rating scale for that A is the worst and F is the best.

Dragoons Rating, RATs/unit ratings, parts availability, SocioIndustrial ratings, are all A>F

Tech ratings as well go F>A.

Th3Greed

• Recruit
« Reply #138 on: 01 September 2015, 02:46:36 »
Not sure if anyone else has asked this or not but how much of AtB's contract generation gets used by MekHQ's contract market?

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #139 on: 01 September 2015, 05:07:38 »
Not sure if anyone else has asked this or not but how much of AtB's contract generation gets used by MekHQ's contract market?

Somewhat tweaked (range) but otherwise... a heck of a lot of it :)

cmoreland

• Corporal
« Reply #140 on: 01 September 2015, 12:03:27 »
Interestingly, I've noticed that on my custom created contracts where I manage everything including creation of scenarios etc, that I'll have a bonus mission pop up out of nowhere on the same planet (such as finding a hidden cache of star league tech) and then a few weeks later a couple of contacts pop with the same planet and enemy as my custom contract...HMMMM

Ghost in the machine, only explanation.
« Last Edit: 01 September 2015, 12:09:12 by cmoreland »

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #141 on: 01 September 2015, 13:08:56 »
Interestingly, I've noticed that on my custom created contracts where I manage everything including creation of scenarios etc, that I'll have a bonus mission pop up out of nowhere on the same planet (such as finding a hidden cache of star league tech) and then a few weeks later a couple of contacts pop with the same planet and enemy as my custom contract...HMMMM

Ghost in the machine, only explanation.

Logs? Save files? Campaign Saves?

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #142 on: 01 September 2015, 13:12:55 »
Excellent question. Right up there with "why would they have damage to Aero SI halved instead of just doubling the value of SI?"

Because then Medium ASFs would be useful! Right now only Light and Heavy are useful because of that rule. I abandoned sanity and your unofficial option long ago because it was buggy as hell.

Akjosch

• Sergeant
« Reply #143 on: 01 September 2015, 13:24:05 »

Technological Sophistication Ratings go Advanced > A > B > C > D > E > F > Regressed (the other four go A>F).

HPG ratings go A > B > C > D > none.

Unofficial, automated daily builds of MegaMek, MegaMekLab and MekHQ: http://mm.akjosch.de/

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #144 on: 01 September 2015, 14:08:18 »
Because then Medium ASFs would be useful! Right now only Light and Heavy are useful because of that rule. I abandoned sanity and your unofficial option long ago because it was buggy as hell.

Did you try... submitting bug reports if it is 'buggy as hell'?

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #145 on: 01 September 2015, 14:15:05 »
Did you try... submitting bug reports if it is 'buggy as hell'?

Why yes I did... and the mysterious SI in Warehouse bug was fixed. version 3.0.7 I think? Off the top of my head.

Jay, I post lots of bug reports and have for a year and a half now. Love the work, respect the Devs and please don't try to diss me like that. 56 tickets on MHQ tracker alone.

BTW: U got on the IO thanks section of the book! Great job dude!

cmoreland

• Corporal
« Reply #146 on: 01 September 2015, 20:27:28 »
Logs? Save files? Campaign Saves?

Might be able to post those! Has no one really had that happen?

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #147 on: 02 September 2015, 01:51:18 »

You abandoned aerosanity? 

I guess I'll not look forward to the aerospace part of this being implemented any longer then. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #148 on: 02 September 2015, 10:20:28 »
You abandoned aerosanity? 

I guess I'll not look forward to the aerospace part of this being implemented any longer then.

Aerosanity has not been abandoned. It will get fixed along with aeros in MHQ

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #149 on: 02 September 2015, 11:40:24 »
Aerosanity has not been abandoned. It will get fixed along with aeros in MHQ

Yeah I didn't phrase that correctly. Aero's, CFs, Dropships all have plenty of issues without adding in Aero Sanity as an option. So I'm just using the straight rules until all Aero stuff behaves better.

Register