Author Topic: Question regarding C-weapons  (Read 888 times)

Lone-Wolf

• Master Sergeant
Question regarding C-weapons
« on: 31 October 2016, 13:19:05 »
Hello,

I just re-read SIGILs 69th and I have a question.

We know that after the first Succession war the IS was not very fond of Chemical weapons. And other weapons of mass destruction.

When I read SIGILs story there was one point were something could have happened...

In the story a group of the 69th is hired to protect shipments of parts that a small company sends to the space port. But a big company wants to buy the small company and tries illegal things, like blowing those shipments up.
And there is a unit of Marik forces on planet that have been paid by the big company to look the other way.

What would be the legal repercussions in the following two scenarios, when the small company did not hire the group of the 69th:

1) Accidental
The small company sends out its delivery and the security detachment of the big company, ahem unknown raiders intercept and open fire.
And we all know that there are chemicals in a lorry and now the one in a million happens.
The PPC rips through the lorry at the worst possible time and a few chemical components are put together and we have a class 4 chemical compound.
All unprotected people die in a few seconds and the commander of the raiders (the security chief of the big company) has the loud tone of the NBC-alarm going off. His mech and maybe some of the mechs of his detachment are also covered in the class 4 agent.
And he has orders not to get captured or to get unmasked.

2) On purpose
In one of the first raids a person, that was close to the owner of the small company, was killed. And he wants revenge in capital letters.
So he prepares a lorry and when the raiders intercept this delivery the lorry goes up like fireworks.
But this time it is not a small quantity of class 4 running around. No, this time we are talking of a few gallons if not more.
So we have a very big area hit by this nasty stuff.

In case 1) any competent chemistry guy would need a few days to prove that this was an accident, the one in a million thing.

So how will this raider captain react, the Marik forces and most importantly, the guys running the big company?
Will they see this chemical use (regardless if it was accidently or on purpose) as an incentive to continue their takeover or will it be a more than strong incentive to get the hell out of Dodge, e.g. forget the small company and erase anything and anybody that can link the big company to this happening before THE MARIK (the Captain General) becomes involved (yes, I assume that any use of a WMD not authorized by the right persons will go up the chain faster than you can say cheese. And yes, I assume further that even the neighboring realms will take a very close look at the use of a WMD).

Thanks

Lone-Wolf

Register