Author Topic: Advantages of light 'Mechs  (Read 42122 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Advantages of light 'Mechs
« Reply #390 on: 14 December 2020, 16:50:16 »
Not with halving the amount of shots per ton and the huge penalty to the crit roll.  I only bother with AP ammo for the AC10 on a regular basis, and only take it for other guns if I expect to encounter Hardened Armor.

Besides, the Clans only have access to it for Protomech ACs, which are hardly sniper weapons.

. . . with the Wolf Empire taking most of the Marik Stewart Commonwealth, and them building mechs like the Shockwave to take advantage of the special AC ammo . . . at least they would be a Clan with it.  Probably the Clan Protectorate too.  Just that sort of availability update has not caught up to the 'current' timeframe.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #391 on: 14 December 2020, 18:13:10 »

Besides, the Clans only have access to it for Protomech ACs, which are hardly sniper weapons.

Would that ammo be compatible with the Improved AC-2 from S.O. (and original TRO 3050)?  I would think it would.  Getting a hold of that IAC-2 is another matter; I'm sure the Foxes found some old clan caches before the left for the IS
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Valaska

• Corporal
« Reply #392 on: 14 December 2020, 19:32:17 »
... wolf... empire? Is that some, dark age thing?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #393 on: 14 December 2020, 19:39:40 »
Yes.  The Wolves migrated from their invasion corridor into the FWL, took a bunch of worlds, got double-crossed by the stupidest Archon the Lyran Commonwealth has had since Alessandro, took a bunch of Lyran worlds in response.  Then they started pushing into the Republic of the Sphere (their original goal) from a different angle than the other Clans.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Nahuris

• Captain
« Reply #394 on: 17 December 2020, 15:51:51 »
In the light mech versus Hover game, I recently used a Blade XR, with the twin Light PPC's and twin LAC2's with precision ammo (it has two tons for ammo, so begs for specialty ammo use) ... and I parked 15 hover tanks all over the table ...... on a side note, most of those were over water, as half the map was water..... and also the reason for so many hovers.....

I am now looking to paint it yellow, with blue checkerboard pattern, like a British police officer, and put the phrase "Lot Attendant" in red, down the leg......LOL

Nahuris
« Last Edit: 17 December 2020, 15:59:07 by Nahuris »
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."

Register