Author Topic: Protomech Point BV Multiplier?  (Read 644 times)

Lycaonis_23

• Recruit
Protomech Point BV Multiplier?
« on: 21 August 2022, 23:45:12 »
I have used the roster generator on Mechfactory recently and noticed that it appears to add a multiplier to a point of Protomechs similar to how BA have a multiplier based on 4,5, or 6 suits to a unit. I don't see mention to this is the unit construction and bv calculation rules for protos but do see it for BA.

Do points of proto have a BV multiplier beyond x5 for a full point? Where is that located if so.

Thanks in advance.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Protomech Point BV Multiplier?
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2022, 23:52:09 »
there is not. note the protomech BV calculation on pg 307 of techmanual does not include a step for the the squad multiplier present for the battle armor examples on pg 311.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Lycaonis_23

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2022, 23:58:06 »
Much appreciated, that was my understanding but I was concerned I missed an update, errata, or entry in another book when the roster organizer I was using applied one.

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2022, 00:07:32 »
That makes sense.  If you look at the Record Sheets, it even arranges it like that.

Battle Armor Squads/Points are required to be the same model, which is why they need that multiplier.  Their Record Sheets reflect this, even the Alpha Strike cards.

ProtoMechs are not required to be constructed of the same chassis in a Point.  Other than for activation purposes, ProtoMechs operate just as alone as any 2 Combat Vehicles in a Point would.  Their Record Sheets reflect this, even the Alpha Strike cards.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Register