Author Topic: Outworlds Alliance Ships  (Read 1137 times)

Oriffel

• Corporal
Outworlds Alliance Ships
« on: 24 November 2022, 13:26:34 »
So, after one of the more recent Sven van der Plank videos, it turns out the Outworlds Alliance had around a dozen Pintos. I didn't think they had any warships ever, so that was pretty exciting news.

So.....does anyone know what their Fleet assets would be painted?

I'm drawing a total blank on this one, but you guys came through with the RotS fleet assets, hopefully there's some nugget of info out there.

Alan Grant

• Captain
Re: Outworlds Alliance Ships
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2022, 13:39:13 »
In Field Report 2765 Periphery it says the Outworlds Alliance has 15 Pintos and looks to be building more. They note that there has been a lot of new worlds colonized since the Reunification War and so the Outworlds Alliance seems to be focused on a mix of aerospace defense (their go-to military strategy) and supporting colonization missions on all the newly settled and terraformed worlds. I do find it interesting that they are building them over Alpheratz and other shipyards within Alliance space. So, these aren't purely hand-me-downs at least some of these, maybe all, are new hulls. Their flagship is the OAS Pulsar.

I don't have anything for you on paint scheme. I'll be curious myself to see what others have to contribute on that front.

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2022, 14:38:44 »
Yeah, no data to my knowledge on paint scheme.

Thr pinto was basically the Toyota Hilux of WarShips during the New Vandenburg Uprising/Amaris Civil War and the preceding years. Not exactly able to go mano-a-mano with a heavy cruiser, but easy to build, easy to maintain, and even if your own production ks lagging behind you know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who can get the parts, expertise, or even just the whole ships you need from RWR space, no questions asked.

15 Pintos was by no means a strong fleet compared to pretty much every other major power, but for a largely nonviolent state needing cheap, reliable ships to patrol many isolated systems, some deep within pirate country, it was just about perfect.
« Last Edit: 24 November 2022, 14:40:53 by pokefan548 »
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2022, 18:11:16 »
Most ships of the Pinto's size are more specialized. The Pinto can carry a couple squadrons of ASFs, and has a dropship collar (very notable on this front, most warships this size don't have a DS collar), and has some naval grade weaponry, and has some mech-grade weaponry for engaging dropships or ASFs. It has a surprisingly wide range of weapon systems. It has a platoon of marines.

As a ship-to-ship warship combatant it's awfully weak. Low naval grade firepower mostly at shorter ranges, cringeworthy low armor. But bring one to a fight with pirates flying around in dropships and you probably have the upper hand in a heartbeat.

Also, there is something of a deterrent effect, however weak, against a neighbor with warships, or Reunification War part Deuce. They can probably beat you, but you aren't completely unarmed so they can't just arrive, park themselves in orbit, threaten orbital bombardment and declare victory at the first hour of the war. Which is a real concern in this particular era when every faction has warships.

I've continued to dig around on paint schemes and I got nothing. You can look at camospecs website for the Air Wing camo of the 3050s. I see some commonality there among them, a mix of whites, blues and grays seems to be common. Which makes me wonder if some melding of those colors would be best. Or you could draw inspiration from the pilot uniforms of the 3050s, which were white and green.

But truthfully I wouldn't take my word on it. I'd collect more data or at least opinions.

« Last Edit: 24 November 2022, 18:16:17 by Alan Grant »

Oriffel

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 07 December 2022, 15:13:05 »
Dang. I knew it was a long shot, but then again so was the RotS paint question.

Ah well, thanks for the answers. Maybe one day we'll get some Outworlds Naval Art.

Register