Author Topic: (Answered) regarding jumping infantry and transports  (Read 1499 times)

warp

• Recruit
(Answered) regarding jumping infantry and transports
« on: 31 July 2023, 11:16:38 »
I was reading through errata 6.02 and found some contradictory rules on the "transporting infantry" section (page 4). It states

"Dismounting units cannot use standstill, hull down or sprinting movement modes, and can only use jump movement mode from an airborne transport or if mechanized (see below)."

which suggests that infantry with jump movement CAN jump from airborne or mechanized transports but then, a few lines later it says:

"Eligible units dismounting from an airborne unit must be placed in base-to-base contact where the transport’s base would be if landed at its current location. Units dismounting from an airborne unit cannot move on the same turn. "

which seems to contradict the previous statement regarding airborne transports and jumping infantry. Hence, can infantry jump after dismounting an airborne transport or not? Thank you
« Last Edit: 31 July 2023, 12:55:23 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
They can dismount. Jumping units dismounting from an airborne vehicle can't move after the dismount, they can only dismount.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

warp

• Recruit
Re: (Answered) regarding jumping infantry and transports
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2023, 15:18:05 »
Thank you. That is how I would rule it too, but would you not rephrase the the first sentence then?  I guess that the authors wanted to clarify that infantry can dismount from airborne transports because they can jump

Register