Poll

Who wins:

The Black Marauder
14 (73.7%)
Onikuma
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Halloween Fight Night Special: The Black Marauder vs Onikuma  (Read 616 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Halloween is less than a week away so I thought I'd post this:

In a fight between the Black Marauder and Onikuma, who wins?

For those not familiar, the Black Marauder AKA The Dark One is a Marauder that was allegedly found sitting on an asteroid, in space, without a speck of dust on it.  It bears no manufacturer's mark and in darkness seems to grow larger and more monstrous while its performance is markedly improved.  According to rumor, it eats human souls and can open its front to reveal a tooth-lined mouth.  The mech and its pilot, Black Kevin Langstrom, have disappeared into the Periphery and are believed to still be active 80 years after their first appearance during the Jihad.

The Onikuma is a demonic Kodiak that haunts Dumaring, hiding under the dense forest canopy.  The seemingly-invincible mech moves faster than should be possible, and has a mouth in its cockpit that it apparently uses to devour other battlemechs after tearing them apart with its claws.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
Re: Halloween Fight Night Special: The Black Marauder vs Onikuma
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2023, 17:11:05 »
I know very little of the Onikuma.  The Black Marauder, however, has a few established feats in addition to those already mentioned, plus possibly sapient, and can use blood sacrifices to stay maintained.  It's also made pilots mysteriously disappear.
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Luciora

• Major
Re: Halloween Fight Night Special: The Black Marauder vs Onikuma
« Reply #2 on: 26 October 2023, 22:43:32 »
Onikuma eats mechs.  The Black Marauder only eats people. 

Otherwise, its very much a Freddie vs Jason or Alien vs Predator match up.  Whomever wins, we lose.   azn