Author Topic: Anyone have a Critical Damage Cheat Sheet?  (Read 1261 times)

BiggRigg42

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
Anyone have a Critical Damage Cheat Sheet?
« on: 10 June 2019, 21:00:04 »
Does anyone have a good cheat sheet for all the critical damage effects? I know someone on here made one--it was purple--once upon a time, but I lost it.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: Anyone have a Critical Damage Cheat Sheet?
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2019, 21:02:46 »
The standard cheat sheets from the box sets, the tables in the back of Total Warfare, and the Warfare Pack (which is a reprint of those tables on high-quality cardstock) all have the effects of critical damage to things like gyros, actuators, and sensors.  Nothing else really needs such sheets.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

BiggRigg42

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2019, 21:14:30 »
The standard cheat sheets from the box sets, the tables in the back of Total Warfare, and the Warfare Pack (which is a reprint of those tables on high-quality cardstock) all have the effects of critical damage to things like gyros, actuators, and sensors.  Nothing else really needs such sheets.

Ah, I see them in the back of Total Warfare now, and here I have been looking up each critical hit in the damage effects section of Total Warfare between pages 123-128 (mid game) this entire time like a sucker. 

The needed tables are within the Piloting/Driving Skill Roll Table and the Attack modifiers Table. I may make my own cheat sheet by combining only the needed information from those two tables into one table.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2019, 21:17:23 »
You could also just copy the pages (or print them if you've got a PDF copy of the book).  It also helps by giving you things like the to-hit modifiers for different circumstances, the hit location tables, and the cluster table.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

BiggRigg42

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2019, 07:10:34 »
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=63351.msg1456345#msg1456345

That's it. That's the one I was looking for. What was lost has now been found--thanks.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2019, 08:02:50 »
There's also the PDF of boxed set table charts available from the Downloads page. Not exactly what you're looking for but could be useful.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Register