Author Topic: Looking for a Book  (Read 1650 times)

caylean

• Recruit
Looking for a Book
« on: 10 July 2021, 14:34:13 »
Hey Guys,
it is my first ntry here after quite some time searching if there is already an answer around, but I couldn't find one, sadly.

I my youth I had started to read a Mechwarrior Book, well several. All of them German, but today I do not care any longer if they come along in English or German. So her Name might be different, but maybe part of the plot wakes something in one of you, that for me is completely lost.

The book was about a Women, I think she was called Samantha/Sam and if I remember correctly, she was from Earth. Due to reason X she ended in a Cockpit and was pretty much 'teleported' to another Planet, where she was not just in a cockpit, but a full on Battle Mech and pretty much straight in a fight where she did well but ended up losing? I think she ended up stranded there?

Sadly, my memory is REALLY wonky and I have no clue as to what else was happening. For some reason I think I remember the occurance of a Vibroblade. But most of it is gone and so I think I have never actually finished the book. Mainly because I don't remember much else, unlike the other book I had read with the two trueborn siblings in their training and the brother was betrayed by his sister who shot his mech down, as it was the easier solution, than going for the more risky one that would have both of them given the win and the brother was put into a freeborn troop instead of getting stripped of his mechwarrior caste but in secrecy.. the more I think about it, the more comes back, not the title of the book, but its contents like comrade names and such.

But I would really like to finish of the Book with Sam(antha), just to get my mind of that book that lurks in my memory for the past 22 years or so.

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
Re: Looking for a Book
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2021, 14:40:12 »
Welcome to the forum !

Could it be this one ?

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/No_Limits

« Last Edit: 10 July 2021, 14:49:12 by Death_from_above »

caylean

• Recruit
Re: Looking for a Book
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2021, 18:48:04 »
On Solaris Seven....... Oh absolutely, that MUST be it!

I had not aded the Solaris Seven bit, as I am playing MW:O and you read it like everywhere and thought it to be the reason to mess with me.

Thank you very much! Damn. Why didn't I saw that one. It pretty much reads exactly what I was looking for!

Awesome, now I need to get my Hands on it and finally fill that gnawing memory gap!

Register