Author Topic: Dead Links on Home page  (Read 1708 times)

Crunch

• Lieutenant
Dead Links on Home page
« on: 30 August 2011, 23:58:20 »
I was just tooling around www.classicbattletech.com and noticed that there are several of the recommended links that are dead. Notably the links for Battlehex, Mechwarrior Dark Age, Fasa Studios lead to a 404 the site for Armorcast leads to a redirect and the Virtual World link leads to an MMO site.

The reasons for this are fairly obvious, but I was wondering if anyone was looking at cleaning up the links page?
It's really, it's a very, very beautiful poem to giant monsters. Giant monsters versus giant robots.
G. Del Toro

HikageMaru

• Captain
  • The Capellans are not evil.
Re: Dead Links on Home page
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2011, 23:59:38 »
I was just tooling around www.classicbattletech.com and noticed that there are several of the recommended links that are dead. Notably the links for Battlehex, Mechwarrior Dark Age, Fasa Studios lead to a 404 the site for Armorcast leads to a redirect and the Virtual World link leads to an MMO site.

The reasons for this are fairly obvious, but I was wondering if anyone was looking at cleaning up the links page?

+42

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2011, 01:39:58 »

I'm going to move this to the site questions section as it may get better attention there...

CT
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

Crunch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2011, 01:42:15 »
Thanks. For some reason I totally missed that sub board.
It's really, it's a very, very beautiful poem to giant monsters. Giant monsters versus giant robots.
G. Del Toro

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2011, 02:00:17 »
Well the AFFS site is kaput, and the HouseMarik site is offline too. I don't know about the Draconis & Lyran sites
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead