Author Topic: Deadborder's TRO Colourisations  (Read 51642 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: Deadborder's TRO Colourisations
« Reply #120 on: 19 February 2018, 03:11:44 »
Cool work sir!   8) 8)  Really brings some life to the original artwork.  I am going to have to 'borrow' some of those schemes for upcoming paint jobs.  ;)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #121 on: 19 February 2018, 04:57:01 »
Feel free to do so!
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #122 on: 11 March 2018, 07:56:21 »

The Krymzon Guard (Or "KZG" for short) is a mercenary unit that is possibly best known for two things. The first is the eclectic collection of MechWarriors within its ranks, many of which posses rather dubious skills. The second is their reputation for what are known as "technical victories" where they accomplish their objectives by the most marginal means.

This Black Knight is piloted by the unit's leader (known as the "Krymzon Guard Kommander"). The 'Mech is sporting the unit's parade ground scheme of a red upper half and deep red lower half, bisected by a bright orange diagonal stripe. As the scheme is the unit's signature (and connected to the unit's name), almost nobody in the unit actually uses it.

This modified WHM-6D Warhammer, known as "Wubhammer", is used by a member of the Krymzon Guard. This particular MechWarrior is known for two things. The first being their berserker rampages where they seem to become more dangerous the more damaged their BattleMech gets. The second is their obsession with running into any tunnels that will fit their 'Mech, even if it gives them no tactical advantage.

This Thunderbolt is piloted by a member of the Krymzon Guard who goes by the callsign "Free Thud". This MechWarrior is supposedly a pirate who has been employed by the unit for various reasons, and serves as the leader of one of their lances. They are also rumored to to use their BattleMech to steal things during a battle, scooping up valuables in its hands.

Another member of the Krymzon Guard, this MechWarrior captured his BattleMech from "Clan something, Wolf I think?" during a battle that the unit technically won. However, the upkeep of such a rare and exotic Clan BattleMech proved to be so prohibitive that they had to enter into a sponsorship deal with a Bath Salts company to keep them in parts. As a consequence, the sponsor designed the colour scheme to reflect their product.

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #123 on: 11 March 2018, 09:19:27 »

Another member of the Krymzon Guard, this MechWarrior captured his BattleMech from "Clan something, Wolf I think?" during a battle that the unit technically won. However, the upkeep of such a rare and exotic Clan BattleMech proved to be so prohibitive that they had to enter into a sponsorship deal with a Bath Salts company to keep them in parts. As a consequence, the sponsor designed the colour scheme to reflect their product.

Now that's a squeeky clean Mech!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #124 on: 11 March 2018, 10:10:14 »
Love the Thunderbolt and Warhammer, Dead.

I wish i could do a good colorization job your doing.  I'm stuck using paint when i do it.  #P
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #125 on: 11 March 2018, 20:32:27 »

When the new box sets come out, I'm painting the Thunderbolt to match this scheme.  Not only is it awesome, but I have all the colors to do it  ;D
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #126 on: 12 March 2018, 04:14:42 »
Thanks all for that

I use GiMP to do my colourisations, and run it through about a jillion layers in order to make it work. The good news is that each one gives me a template that I can then reuse for other 'Mechs.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #127 on: 27 March 2018, 08:05:04 »

This Marauder IIC is piloted by a member of the Krymzon Guard who is a part of the "pirate" lance lead by Free Thud. The MechWarrior has embraced this side of their job by running Pirate Radio KZG from their BattleMech and blasting out music on the battlefield. They have been somewhat less successful in smash and grab raids for reasons they are yet to figure out.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #128 on: 31 March 2018, 07:22:58 »
Someone give that pirate Marauder a HAND!?!?! 🤣

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #129 on: 19 November 2018, 09:06:02 »

After managing to stabilise his finances through his bath salt sponsorship deal, this Krymzon Guard MechWarrior elected to repaint his Orion IIC in an even more colourful scheme then before.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #130 on: 19 November 2018, 12:06:31 »
That'll give your opponent a headache! 8) :thumbsup: