Author Topic: Returning to MWO since FOREVER  (Read 1968 times)

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Returning to MWO since FOREVER
« on: 14 December 2018, 23:50:14 »
So...I was once a Founder, had the whole four-mech kit, everything.  It's been forever and a year since I played, and when I logged in on my old account (what I thought it was anyway) I didn't have anything but the basic trial 'mechs.  I also had to redo the tutorial again, which struck me as odd, but whatever.  I noticed it's also now called Solaris 7.

...Yeah I know I'm terrible for keeping out of the game for so long, but what's the deal?  Was there a reset or something?  Or am I missing my old login info?
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
Re: Returning to MWO since FOREVER
« Reply #1 on: 15 December 2018, 00:00:15 »
Go to PGI's customer support. They're normally really, really good about this sort of thing.

Not like any of us here can do anything for you aside from say that.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2018, 01:01:46 »
I know, I was just wondering if there was a reset or something that happened that I hadn't heard about.  And what the Solaris 7 tagline is all about.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #3 on: 15 December 2018, 02:13:43 »
Solaris 7 is a minimum-effort 'rebranding' for Mechwarrior Online. AS for the reset, there was none.

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2018, 07:45:03 »
Solaris 7 is a minimum-effort 'rebranding' for Mechwarrior Online. AS for the reset, there was none.

No hard reset no, but all of the features he was used to are replaced. The tutorial was a simple yes or no, with people who hadn't played the game in some time being switched to no.

Solaris was an expansion pack, which brought some new features and a new game mode, "Solaris VII". This is a series of one on one battles in game, with mechs belonging to certain "pools" which were supposed to be equivalent in some manner. There's also a brand new talent tree, which is altogether different from what it replaced, not to mention quirks.

The game is now far more complex than ever before, however most of that complexity, like faction wars or Solaris, ignored by the player base.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: 09 January 2019, 23:06:51 »
Faction wars seem to be bit more used than Solaris. I was trying to do the event stuff, i sux at Solaris.

It took like 3 my friends get on to COMPETE the Solaris challenges.  That's bad.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 10 January 2019, 07:28:44 »
Faction wars seem to be bit more used than Solaris. I was trying to do the event stuff, i sux at Solaris.

It took like 3 my friends get on to COMPETE the Solaris challenges.  That's bad.

You don't actually need real faction players in the FW stuff, it's got a few from each faction and the rest are filled in by randoms from the drop list. That's easier to get players for than a completely different game mode, which requires players to queue for exactly that.

Register