Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 174023 times)

Bren

• Warrant Officer
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter is LIVE
« Reply #1650 on: 20 July 2019, 20:11:53 »
The way my brain works I needed the information displayed a little differently in order to make my plan of attack. Maybe it'll be of some use to others as well:

« Last Edit: 20 July 2019, 20:19:07 by Bren »

kinwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1651 on: 20 July 2019, 20:13:17 »
I like your brain!

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #1652 on: 20 July 2019, 20:18:27 »
Can I suggest you split the thread from the Initial Announcement of the Kickstarter to when it actually went Live?

I wish I'd thought of that before I renamed this thread.

Pledge a dollar and then wait.  That way you'll get updates, but you can figure out what to get when everything calms down.

For the record, that's what I'm doing. Proud $1 backer.

Cubby, can we get some details on how european distribution will be executed? Can we get a list of european countries that would be covered by the european distribution center?

I didn't miss your question when it was first asked, and passed it along at the time. I'll ask again.

Cubby, in case you aren't already aware, the Add-on section doesn't include the Mechwarrior: Legends hardback yet and how much it'll cost. I'd love to increase my pledge so it's included, but as long as I don't know how much you'll charge for it, my hand is reluctant :)

Passed that along as well, I don't have any details on it yet.

Apologies for the relative silence today, I'll do my best to keep up for the rest of the weekend.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1653 on: 20 July 2019, 21:04:03 »
The faction packs could get me in trouble.   I will get Marik for me but getting that means I have to get my wife the Drac one or I will have to answer questions I don't want to answer.   I would also consider Comstar and WoB if they came out.    I  will also be getting the Not Named Clan just to stick it to clan players......Wolverine's are coming Clanners…   
Given that there is, for some strange reason, no FedCom pack, I have to wonder if there will be WoB stuff. The strange thing is that it's very hard to tell if the lack of a FedCom pack increases or decreases the chances of non-era appropriate packs being added.

General308

• Captain
« Reply #1654 on: 20 July 2019, 21:11:30 »
Given that there is, for some strange reason, no FedCom pack, I have to wonder if there will be WoB stuff. The strange thing is that it's very hard to tell if the lack of a FedCom pack increases or decreases the chances of non-era appropriate packs being added.

That or they are going to add FedCom latter it is tough to know.  But I think if they are adding dead clans then dead factions are just as likely

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1655 on: 20 July 2019, 21:19:08 »
I really hope so, because I want a set of FRR dice.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

General308

• Captain
« Reply #1656 on: 20 July 2019, 21:22:32 »

I would buy those.   You know what would be cool would be a 6 on the logo....But a one having a fighter hitting a warship.....the fighter hitting crashing into the warship would make a cool poster now that I think about it.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1657 on: 20 July 2019, 21:25:52 »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1658 on: 20 July 2019, 21:41:04 »
I do hope after it tops 1 million we can get another orbital drop or two. Or add the Tukyyid neoprene map to Bloodnamed or Star Colonel and above. Either of those would be nice extras :) Ah good ol hopes n dreams... :'(

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1659 on: 20 July 2019, 21:43:02 »
Oh and forgot to ask (or maybe I already did and forgot).

Will the IS retaliation pack become a retail package by chance?

Also, Monday is my birthday... So presents are welcome! ;D :thumbsup:

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1660 on: 20 July 2019, 21:50:19 »
Are you able to take additional star packs of the five omnimechs included in the box set? What if I want more Timber Wolves?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1661 on: 20 July 2019, 21:56:19 »
currently you have to buy more clan boxes as an add on if you want those mechs or get lucky with your salvage boxes

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Lynx

• Corporal
« Reply #1662 on: 20 July 2019, 21:56:46 »
Are you able to take additional star packs of the five omnimechs included in the box set? What if I want more Timber Wolves?
At the current moment, the option is to basically buy a second box as an add-on ($50 IIRC). There has been questions asked if we can just get the mechs as an add-on, but no reply yet.

norge71

• Recruit
« Reply #1663 on: 20 July 2019, 22:13:00 »

Yup. Me too.

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1664 on: 20 July 2019, 22:36:24 »
Also with canon character rewards at Star Colonel, Galaxy Commander, Khan, and Full Kerensky levels, there are approximately 1000 cannon characters being awarded currently!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1665 on: 20 July 2019, 22:37:38 »
coming soon for 2026: your character in a book

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1666 on: 20 July 2019, 22:40:14 »
Everyone with the same name is going to be rolled into one Freebirth character!!!  :o :D 8) :thumbsup:

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1667 on: 20 July 2019, 22:41:51 »
the average compiled face of ever submission into one character: Billy Gibbons

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1668 on: 20 July 2019, 22:51:44 »
And then John Smith looked at John Smith and said, "Have you met my brother, John Smith. He serves under Captain John "Johnny" Smith in the Smith's Johns, the most celebrated Merc unit on the periphery!".

:P

BYE

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1669 on: 20 July 2019, 22:54:40 »
Hi I'm Johnny. This is my brother John and my other brother John, you already met my cousin John haven't you?

Annwn

• Corporal
« Reply #1670 on: 20 July 2019, 23:12:33 »
Wow, I'm not a Davion fanboy, but that Davion dice looks amazing in the render -

I'm curious what the other dice will look like.  I hope we can get renders of those before looking in an order - some could be rather striking.
 Challenge coins are pretty nice too, makes me want to hunt down my keychain. 

Having a hard time deciding on factions.  Marik and Wolverine for sure.  After that...ugh, so tough, Blood Spirit, Snow Ravens, Kell Hounds, ComStar, the other houses - so many good ones. 

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #1671 on: 20 July 2019, 23:16:54 »
Also with canon character rewards at Star Colonel, Galaxy Commander, Khan, and Full Kerensky levels, there are approximately 1000 cannon characters being awarded currently!

And still little to no info on how they're going to handle so many.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1672 on: 20 July 2019, 23:17:24 »
I'm seriously considering grabbing a few more coins, which is... problematic.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

.RL

• Master Sergeant
  • Freeborn Scum
« Reply #1673 on: 20 July 2019, 23:29:22 »

People could make their life easier maybe by spec'ing out non-badass hero characters. Instead, some type of civilian role or non-combat enlisted role, characters whom would fit a support role in essence. E.g.: a mechanic, engineer of some sort, transport pilot or crew, radar tech, etc...
« Last Edit: 20 July 2019, 23:38:32 by .RL »
A bit obsessed with the BattleTech universe since I saw the glorious TV show as a kid...

My humble offering of painted 'Mechs

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1674 on: 20 July 2019, 23:58:40 »
I'm a dumb, so sorry for this silly question. But how/where does one add extra bits via the addon's?
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1675 on: 21 July 2019, 00:01:26 »
at the end of the campaign you'll be asked to choose any. if you put cash in at your pledge level above the face value you'll have a credit to charge against. any overages will require additional payment

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1676 on: 21 July 2019, 00:10:09 »
at the end of the campaign you'll be asked to choose any. if you put cash in at your pledge level above the face value you'll have a credit to charge against. any overages will require additional payment

Ah hah! Okay that makes sense :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #1677 on: 21 July 2019, 03:21:19 »
HOLY CRAP!

I get a little distracted with work this week & forget about the date this was starting & blam, in 4 days its nearly 10x the requested goal.

This is good news indeed.

I guess I'm late getting in my pledge but better late than never.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #1678 on: 21 July 2019, 03:24:11 »

My guess is the next couple TRO's & the next Historical/Source book will have a bunch of new people in them.

It seems like a lot but when you can toss in names by the dozens/hundreds in a TRO or Sourcebook it will get whittled down quickly.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #1679 on: 21 July 2019, 03:35:29 »
Plus, if the pilot cards are popular, the names and bios can serve as fodder for many more boosters of those.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.