Author Topic: (Answered) Quarters  (Read 2311 times)

FedComGirl

• Major
(Answered) Quarters
« on: 01 May 2012, 02:18:02 »
As far as I can tell, all the quarters are for single occupants. That kind of makes travel for couples, who like each other, difficult doesn't it? It's even harder for families to travel. Are there double occupancy and more quarters? If so how much do do they weight and how many slots do they take up per number of quarters?

Thank you
« Last Edit: 19 August 2012, 23:43:17 by Xotl »

Chunga

• Patron Saint of Team Davion
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
Re: Quarters
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2012, 10:21:42 »
From Cray:

In terms of mass, yes. Quarters provide for a single crew or passenger on a vehicle. They are not necessarily a single stateroom, though.

The actual mass of the quarters is spread all over the vehicle in many different rooms (depending on the needs of the vehicle, class of quarters, manufacturer's whims, etc.) That mass of quarters addresses needs for 1 person in the ship's laundry, the gym, the cafeteria, the bathrooms, central and emergency air systems, central plumbing, toilets, and water recycling, etc. The actual bedroom might be a private, single-bunk room or part of a multi-person suite. The only constant is the tonnage.

In short, the definition of quarters in BT is about the mass needed for 1 person to get the benefits of steerage, standard, or luxury quarters, but says nothing about how the mass is configured. It could be one room, multiple rooms, or shared rooms.
"Don't think 'cos I understand, I care." - Sneakerpimps
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I wasn't there.  If I was there, I was sleeping.  If I wasn't sleeping, I didn't hear or see anything.
Money has never been a problem for Davion. "Why waste money on social services when you can spend it on weapons instead?" - aldous

FedComGirl

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2012, 00:05:27 »
Ah, okay, so when putting in my quarters would occupancy be strictly fluff or would it be legalish to do the math and list them that way on the sheet?

Thank you

Chunga

• Patron Saint of Team Davion
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2012, 13:17:20 »
From Cray

When installing quarters on a vehicle, you must specify the number of quarters by type and mass. For example, if you spent 120 tons on officers' quarters, you would list 12 officer's quarters.

It would be a fluff matter to say whether those 12 quarters are described as 12 single-occupancy rooms (holding 12 people with 120 tons of quarters), 6 double-occupancy rooms (holding 12 people with 120 tons of quarters), 3 quadruple-occupancy rooms (holding 12 people with 120 tons of quarters), a single luxurious super-suite for 12 people (massing 120 tons), or any other combination of those that adds up to 12 officer's quarters massing 120 tons. However you divide them, the rules only require that you list 12 officer quarters massing 120 tons.
"Don't think 'cos I understand, I care." - Sneakerpimps
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I wasn't there.  If I was there, I was sleeping.  If I wasn't sleeping, I didn't hear or see anything.
Money has never been a problem for Davion. "Why waste money on social services when you can spend it on weapons instead?" - aldous

FedComGirl

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2012, 20:48:11 »
Ah, okay. So how they're configured is just fluff, stats is by individual occupant.

Thank you.

Register