Author Topic: Enhanced Cockpit variants  (Read 168 times)

Izzy193

• Warrant Officer
Enhanced Cockpit variants
« on: 28 March 2024, 06:26:24 »
Now this is a refinement of a older idea I had. which was to make 4-5 ton cockpit variants that provide different smaller benefits for the size of a standard cockpit. This is not counting quirks. These are meant to be IS equipment not Clan tech.

Enhanced targeting Cockpit:
Tonnage: 5 tons
Crits: same as standard
Special Effect: -1 to hit modifier and +1 cluster table modifier for all weapons types slewed to this cockpit type, this effect is negated by Angel ECM and can be protected by bloodhound active probe. effect stacks with the following systems, Artemis FCS, Apollo FCS, targeting computer and Actuator enhancement system.

Light ECM cockpit:
Tonnage: 4 tons
Special Effect: Provides a built in 4 hex range ECM/ECCM suite into the cockpit. effect is negated by Bloodhound active probe. but can be enhanced and protected with an ECM suite. stacks with any ECM suite.

Light Active Probe Cockpit:
Tonnage: 4 tons
Special effect: provides a 4 hex range active probe as if it has a light active probe on board. Can be cut off by Angel ECM but also protected by Bloodhound active probe. stacks with active probes other than light active probe.

Advanced boosted C3 Cockpit:
Tonnage: 6 tons
Crits: 6
Special effect: Provides the effect of a advanced Boosted C3 network suite and can be linked to either a improved C3, C3 master(any variant) or a C3 slave(any variant). However it can only be linked to up to 12 units at any one time. C3 networked Units share data between each other. Only an Angel ECM suite may interfere with it's signals.

Anti-Missile Cockpit:
Tonnage: 6 tons
Crits: 6
Special effect: Due to the use of a Medium Pulse Laser, this Unit counts as having a 6 hex Laser Anti Missile System with 360 degree coverage  built into it. Within a hostile ECM field will act as normal. Can be enhanced with a targeting computer.

As you can tell these are in the rough draft stages. So playtesting and fine tuning maybe required to get data. Some of these maybe more powerful for their tonnage than other cockpit types, but I tried my best to give each cockpit type a niche of their own, so you would need to pick one or the other if torn between certain cockpit types. I think you can tell with these cockpit types what I am more or less going for here.

idea weenie

• Major
Re: Enhanced Cockpit variants
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2024, 17:55:19 »
For Enhanced Targeting, it is basically +2 tons for all cluster-using weapons to get the cluster bonus.  I'd see this being a semi-popular changeout on the larger Mechs as they will have the tonnage to spare for extra weaponry.

The Light ECM cockpit is 1 ton, range 4 and no crit increase, compared to 1.5 tons, 2 crits, and range 6 from regular ECM.  I'd recommend reducing this to range 3 since it is much smaller and lighter.

Light Active Probe cockpit, I'd similarly reduce it to half the range (FRU?) as you are not requiring any additional crits.

Not sure about the C3 cockpit.

For the anti-missile cockpit, I'd recommend fluffing it to be a Small Pulse Laser and a combination of Heat Sinks plus insulation to keep the pilot from cooking whenever the weapon fires.

Lycanphoenix

• Sergeant
  • Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
    • Message me on Telegram
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2024, 23:02:13 »
Not bad, not bad at all.

How about a "Bug-Out Cockpit", where the cockpit can entirely detach from the mech and turn into the world's tiniest hovercraft? Like a sort of side-grade to Full-Head Ejection because it's just the cockpit and not the rest of the head, but it can rapidly zoom away over most terrain?

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2024, 14:20:40 »
Not bad, not bad at all.

How about a "Bug-Out Cockpit", where the cockpit can entirely detach from the mech and turn into the world's tiniest hovercraft? Like a sort of side-grade to Full-Head Ejection because it's just the cockpit and not the rest of the head, but it can rapidly zoom away over most terrain?

So a small Savannah Master in place of the cockpit?

Lycanphoenix

• Sergeant
  • Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
    • Message me on Telegram
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2024, 14:36:56 »
Yeah, basically.