Author Topic: NFL 2018-2019, We'll all miss Ed Hochuli's guns  (Read 70932 times)

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: NFL 2018-2019, We'll all miss Ed Hochuli's guns
« Reply #510 on: 05 January 2019, 20:45:00 »
What ankle injury?

It's bad enough they're not putting it on replay.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #511 on: 05 January 2019, 20:48:05 »
Allen Hurns completely broke his left ankle from a tackle, to the point his whole foot is literally 180.  There's no blood, but it is not something you want to see.

Very cool moment was that they were loading him up on the cart and everyone on both teams comes onto the field to grab a hand or pat him or wish him luck.  Lots of sportsmanship and respect out on the field, glad to see that.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 20:50:29 by ANS Kamas P81 »
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #512 on: 05 January 2019, 20:49:53 »
Thank

Edit: I just saw the replay on Twitter and you were right. Something not meant to be seen, especially in slow motion. That was gruesome.
« Last Edit: 06 January 2019, 20:32:11 by Sharpnel »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #513 on: 06 January 2019, 19:50:33 »
DOUBLE DOINK

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #514 on: 06 January 2019, 20:03:18 »
Anyone have any confidence that the rams can beat the cowboys after how utterly pedestrian Goff has been and Gurly clearly not healthy?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #515 on: 06 January 2019, 20:22:16 »
DOUBLE DOINK

Pepsi will have to reshoot that commercial where icing the kicker makes him doink.

Hell, I bet there are memes already out there with Doug Peterson's face Photoshopp'd in....

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #516 on: 06 January 2019, 21:00:12 »
Hell, I bet there are memes already out there with Doug Peterson's face Photoshopp'd in....
My wife just showed me Parkey with Sandra Bullock's blindfolded face...

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #517 on: 06 January 2019, 21:16:31 »
Pepsi will have to reshoot that commercial where icing the kicker makes him doink.

The new version of that commercial will doink it like the uprights are a pinball machine.  Seriously what the hell are the odds of it coming down on the crossbar perfectly like that?

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #518 on: 07 January 2019, 01:46:34 »
St. Nick, despite a poor statistical outing, still manages to lead the Iggles to victory. If they get to the Super Bowl, they are going to have to erect a statue of him outside Eagles HQ.
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #519 on: 07 January 2019, 07:50:49 »
I think beating this saints squad on the road might qualify

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #520 on: 07 January 2019, 08:13:12 »
If you're betting on that game take the over. I expect at least 60 points in the game and the Chiefs game as well.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #521 on: 07 January 2019, 08:38:18 »
https://apple.news/A2z_XjLyzRq6FTHhD5srIRQ

A twist in the field goal drama that makes the double bounce result even more goofy.

I still think placekicking should be removed from the game, but maybe Parkey can rest a little easier

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #522 on: 07 January 2019, 08:52:55 »
The new version of that commercial will doink it like the uprights are a pinball machine.  Seriously what the hell are the odds of it coming down on the crossbar perfectly like that?

The crazy thing is if it lands just a little bit off from there on the upright, it still goes in and he's a cardiac-inducing hero this morning. I used to marvel sometimes at hockey pucks that would bounce off my goalposts, and how a quarter-inch difference could change a shot from a bad goal to a 'clang!' of relief... or vice versa on a few occasions.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #523 on: 07 January 2019, 11:05:58 »
St. Nick, despite a poor statistical outing, still manages to lead the Iggles to victory. If they get to the Super Bowl, they are going to have to erect a statue of him outside Eagles HQ.

They already did after last year's SB.

of course that statue is only like 9' tall.  If he somehow does it again, he'll probably get one about 90 feet tall.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #524 on: 08 January 2019, 10:42:45 »
Gruden only has to tank for two more years to get Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #525 on: 09 January 2019, 10:55:19 »
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/09/browns-job-could-come-down-to-an-in-house-tug-of-war/

WT Hell is going on. I'm listening to 92.3 The Fan and they are discussing the possibility of Dorsey resigning because Dorsey seems like he has no say in who is hired for HC (because of Haslem's of course). JUST when I was looking forward to next season... either that or we have a supreme court with Dorsey with the final say... IDK. :/
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #526 on: 09 January 2019, 11:03:04 »
browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns browns gonna browns gonna browns

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #527 on: 09 January 2019, 13:00:18 »
After a heartbreaking loss for the Bears now the team loses Vic Fangio as he becomes Denver's new HC. What a crappy week this has been...   :(

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #528 on: 09 January 2019, 13:02:29 »
Yes! We now have Fangio. Let's see who he keeps from the current staff. He can tell Woods and Musgrave to pack their bags.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #529 on: 09 January 2019, 22:01:14 »
apparently I'm far too traumatized fan. Freddy's In, Williams (and crap ton of support coachs) are GONE.

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #530 on: 10 January 2019, 03:09:22 »
For the Browns this may a step or two back. If they would have kept things the way they were, I see them making the playoffs next year. Now I see them standing pat or slipping and winning a game or two lrss than this year.
« Last Edit: 10 January 2019, 03:14:54 by Sharpnel »

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #531 on: 10 January 2019, 09:42:04 »
For the Browns this may a step or two back. If they would have kept things the way they were, I see them making the playoffs next year. Now I see them standing pat or slipping and winning a game or two lrss than this year.

It's definitely a big gamble on their part. Say what you will about Williams (and there's no shortage to be said...), but the difference between the Browns under Jackson and under Williams- Mayfield in particular- was night and day. Now, that doesn't mean it was all Williams- it may be more that they're just better without Jackson, and Williams wasn't the main factor. But that's a big gamble- you don't want to see a big step back for Mayfield at this critical point, and with all that momentum built up at the end of the season it would be a shame to lose that due to struggles learning yet another system and trying to mesh things together.

It could work out, it could still be that Jackson was the problem, but yeah, this is looking an awful lot like another Browns-ian 'snatch defeat from the jaws of victory' move.

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #532 on: 10 January 2019, 09:54:16 »
Williams is a defensive coach (and a bounty paying piece of shit, if I remember my coaches correctly), Freddie Kitchens was the OC.  If I'm going to give one of them credit for Baker's explosion, it's not Williams.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #533 on: 10 January 2019, 12:22:59 »
With how much Haley was actively undermining Jackson I'm not surprised that everything improved when both them left the organization but with the over meddling owners who don't seem interested in consistency or having a good football team(they seem more interested in having an entertainment franchise to me) I won't be surprised if things do go downhill next year for the Browns despite how primed they are to be a really good team now.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #534 on: 10 January 2019, 12:26:05 »
haley thought that he could get hue fired and they'd give him the job. it was a big plot twist when they both got canned

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #535 on: 10 January 2019, 14:13:48 »
Worst soap opera in the NFL, the Browns are. As a wise fellow-admin once said, "like meatloaf through a straw, so are the days of our lives..."

+Crow T. Robot+

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #536 on: 10 January 2019, 21:47:32 »
Worst soap opera in the NFL, the Browns are. As a wise fellow-admin once said, "like meatloaf through a straw, so are the days of our lives..."
Normally i would agree but the mantra (at least on local sports radio) is 'In Dorsey, We Trust'. The thing that drives me to concern is the 48 hours of nothing official. Are they hammering out financials? new hires (at least, who's available, since several teams are shuffling the deck again)?

IDK. It's a HUGE gamble, Freddy as HC. One of the radio personalities specifically had the concern that as HC, Freddy wont be the same as he was as OC, because of the huge change in job details...

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #537 on: 11 January 2019, 09:05:56 »
Well, and that's just it. Some guys are great coordinators and lousy head coaches. Norv Turner and Wade Phillips both come to mind. If that happens here, the Browns have made a huge blunder. Yes, it's possible that won't happen, but... history isn't exactly leaning in favor of giving them the benefit of the doubt here.

+Crow T. Robot+

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #538 on: 11 January 2019, 12:12:51 »
i think the problem is that coordinators are chosen to be HCs based mostly on their competence as coordinators with little regard for the more important aspects of being an HC like being able to delegate (including making good staff hires), make depth chart decisions, and just generally inspire a functional team culture (that doesn't include repeating "we worked really hard and we're going to practice really harder" after every loss). It seems the most important quality now (see the Kingsbury hire in ARI) is "I hear he's good with QBs" and "Rumor is he hung out with Sean McVay."

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #539 on: 11 January 2019, 12:23:13 »
I'm really hoping Kliff does well in Arizona.  An NFL head coach has a much more focused set of responsibilities that doesn't include every aspect of personnel management (that's free agent only with no draft).  Not having to try and out-recruit Texas and Oklahoma for Texas recruits sounds a damn lot easier.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Register