Author Topic: Robot Apocalypse design needed.  (Read 3748 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Robot Apocalypse design needed.
« Reply #30 on: 25 September 2023, 15:13:34 »
Can send stats Wrangler?

TT
Its same stats as Dragon Cat's. Nothing different, I wished that heat sensor or something was in it.  It would been nice way hunt infantry...(still getting that Terminator thing going in my head...)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #31 on: 25 September 2023, 15:17:28 »
Linky?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #33 on: 26 September 2023, 09:29:53 »
Damage Control Unit "Repair Spider"
Designed as an emergency workforce for in SDS ships, these DCUs are optimized for quickly moving inside ships during combat. Four powerful legs that could keep the robot moving while under variable acceleration, armor for handling accidental collisions, and even a Space Operations Adaptation equipment to help it to perform hull repairs. Its feet have also been designed with the ability to crudely clamp down on things, which helps with moving cargo from and into its cargo storage section. For more delicate tasks it can use its dexterous arc torches as improvised manipulators, almost like a spider's chelicerae. 
Code: [Select]
Damage Control Unit DCU-02
Type: Damage Control Unit
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown

Tech Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Chassis Type:  Quad
Weight Class: Light
Maximum Weight: 750 kg
Battle Value: 91
Swarm/Leg Attack/Mechanized/AP: No/No/No/No
</p>

Equipment                                     Slots      Mass
Chassis:                                               100 kg
Motive System:                                               
     Ground MP:          5                              90 kg
     Jump MP:            0                               0 kg
Manipulators:                                                 
    Left Arm:            None                            0 kg
    Right Arm:           None                            0 kg
Armor:                   Standard (Basic)       0      250 kg
    Armor Value:         6 (Trooper)                         

Slots           
Weapons and Equipment              Location (Capacity)   Mass 
Mission Equipment Storage (200 kg)   Body       1       200 kg
Cutting Torch                        Body       1        5 kg 
Cutting Torch                        Body       1        5 kg 
Space Operations Adaptation          Body       1       100 kg

So, I've been adapting the Repair Spider for wiki, so other people can use it.  Call me bit odd ball about this, I think there issue or two with it.
Namely, there no way to repair drone to grab supplies from it's storage locker to do stuff.

So....I think Helena would use design by SLDF's contractors could have gotten in production in time of the deployment and she had her facilities, namely her allied AI, Kolossus to put the design into use to act as companion to the Spider Bot.  The key feature here is the BA Manipulator Adaptation, which allows to switch out tools needed.   The DCU can also grab contents from the Spider, apply them to the spot the Spider is working on.

This is the Golem.
Code: [Select]

Damage Control Unit (Golem) DCU-03
Type: Damage Control Unit (Golem)
Manufacturer: Kolossus  Automated Factory  -  Primary Factory: Kolossus Station
Tech Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Chassis Type: Biped
Weight Class: Ultra Light/PA(L)/Exoskeleton
Maximum Weight: 400 kg
Battle Value: 34
Swarm/Leg Attack/Mechanized/AP: No/No/No/No
Equipment      Slots
Mass Chassis: 80 kg
Motive System:
    Ground MP: 2 25 kg
    Jump MP: 0 0 kg
Manipulators:
    Left Arm: Cargo Lifter 30 kg
    Right Arm: Cargo Lifter 30 kg
Armor: Standard (Basic) 0 100 kg     Armor Value: 2 + 1 (Trooper)

Equipment and Capacities
Location - Slots (Capacity) Mass
Cutting Torch - Right Arm 1 5 kg
Space Operations Adaptation - Body  1  100 kg
BA Manipulator Adaptation  - Left Arm - 2  10 kg

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #34 on: 04 October 2023, 18:04:03 »
So, I've been adapting the Repair Spider for wiki, so other people can use it.  Call me bit odd ball about this, I think there issue or two with it.
Namely, there no way to repair drone to grab supplies from it's storage locker to do stuff.
By the strict rules that is correct, I am assuming some improvised/limited articulation of the feet and the cutting/welding torches.

I think that I will need to make a 3D drawing of the repair spider, I can do it with an old copy of Catia, but what would be a good maximum size?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 04 October 2023, 20:24:48 »
By the strict rules that is correct, I am assuming some improvised/limited articulation of the feet and the cutting/welding torches.

I think that I will need to make a 3D drawing of the repair spider, I can do it with an old copy of Catia, but what would be a good maximum size?

man-sized.  These were supposed to do man-scale field repairs and maintenance, after all, so roughly the size of a non-elemental human or large dog would be appropriate.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #36 on: 04 October 2023, 20:48:15 »
Try a 8' "box" quad with spindly legs, cutting torches built-in it's belly.

Like a micro Uni...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 06 October 2023, 20:26:00 »
man-sized.  These were supposed to do man-scale field repairs and maintenance, after all, so roughly the size of a non-elemental human or large dog would be appropriate.

A smaller version of the Sentinels from Matrix?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #38 on: 06 October 2023, 21:24:10 »
Were talking about Spot or Mini-Spot like from Boston Dynamics.

I have to agree we would need to improvise.  The Doberman's "mouth" is suppose to be a manipulator.  Since not even Battle Armor or ProtoMechs have them.
You'd think Salvage Arms could be used on this stuff!! (grumbles)

Anycase, that's why I though the "Golem" in there, since it could be assistant.

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #39 on: 20 October 2023, 04:43:56 »
How about this cludge?

External manipulator (quad BA only): 80 kg, 1 slot. As it is mounted externally randomize hits between manipulator and BA. Can be armored with max 2 points of the same type as the BA. Has space for one manipulator and 1 slot of equipment.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #40 on: 20 October 2023, 06:15:20 »
How about this cludge?

External manipulator (quad BA only): 80 kg, 1 slot. As it is mounted externally randomize hits between manipulator and BA. Can be armored with max 2 points of the same type as the BA. Has space for one manipulator and 1 slot of equipment.
I poked around for it, but it wasn't coming up in MegaMek Lab

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #41 on: 20 October 2023, 06:43:38 »
It sort of does, your're just looking in the reasonable places... It's just a PA(L) attached to a slot on the larger quad BA. azn I figured that would be pretty hard to thing to abuse.