Author Topic: 13kbv fight at game hq Nov 1, 2014  (Read 3364 times)

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
13kbv fight at game hq Nov 1, 2014
« on: 12 November 2014, 12:57:56 »
Game HQ moved into their spacious and really nice new location so we wanted to get a game in. Some schedules changed so we were holding our first Saturday game. We threw this game together with 5k per person and as we setup we had more and more passebys that joined in on the fun. So, we quickly put together approximately 13k per side and let the dice fly. I am waiting on a 4x6 hotz mat to arrive, and wanted a bigger board than my 4x3 so I brought my 3 sets of heroscape. It is a mix of hills and level 1 water. I only had enough bridge sides for one bridge so we just pretended the both did not have side for simplicity.

We ended up quickly having 4 players per side as we conned people into joining. They would say, "I would play if I had mechs." Our answer, we have plenty jump in. Which was followed by, " I have not played before or in awhile." Which we said, we will teach you, no worries.

The left side of the map had John, Worthless, Chris and a gentleman that I cannot remember his name (get used to that).

Units:

Ostol (blue spider), Zeus, Archer, Enforcer, Cataphract, Raven, and 2 LRM carriers.

The right side consisted of me, Colt, and two other gentleman that I cannot remember their names (see, told ya).

Units:

Thor Prime, Stooping Hawk C, Pirannha, Hatchetman, Rifleman, Owens C, and a LRM carrier.

Indirect LRMs ruled the day. The Owens took some early shots all to the CT which put it in a world of hurt. The Zeus became the prime target as units jockeyed for position. The Owens and Zeus then fell at the bridge.

Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
Re: 13kbv fight at game hq Nov 1, 2014
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2014, 13:19:09 »
Heavy combat continued. With the rifleman being put in force withdrawl.

And then the enforcer went down.

Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2014, 13:29:06 »
View from the opposite side of the board as the LRM carriers adjust their position.

At this point some people had to leave and Caqiless and I were running my side. We killed the Cataphract, but lost the Pirannah, and the Hatchetman. We kept losing initiative and the Spider got behind us. On the last turn, on the last hex of the board the Rifleman got taken out before he could get off board. We hurt the Raven early in the game but were not able to put it in withdrawl or finish killing it. I slacked big time on getting pics of the end of the game.

The Left team won. We used  the victory points from the Revival pdf so we could get used to it for an upcoming tournament.

!!!!Victory points placeholder!!!

All the pics at the link below.

https://plus.google.com/photos/107641350654046438127/albums/6078330792383096241
« Last Edit: 13 November 2014, 10:40:57 by faithless »
Demo Agent #715

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #3 on: 04 December 2014, 19:00:07 »

We ended up quickly having 4 players per side as we conned people into joining. They would say, "I would play if I had mechs." Our answer, we have plenty jump in. Which was followed by, " I have not played before or in awhile." Which we said, we will teach you, no worries.

This is an answer I love to do.

Looks like a fun game. Map looks great.

Interesting mix of forces too.

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2014, 20:05:24 »
Thanks. We hook a few each time, the trick is then getting everyone's schedules to sync.
Demo Agent #715

Xenon54z

• Master Sergeant
  • Code should be like art.
« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2014, 12:35:02 »
Thanks. We hook a few each time, the trick is then getting everyone's schedules to sync.

That right there is usually the hardest part of playing. :)
Free air guitar! Just pick one up! Hurry Now!
Buy now while entropy is low!