Author Topic: Various buttons not working  (Read 1684 times)

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
Various buttons not working
« on: 05 March 2016, 03:43:54 »
Good morning,

I seem to be having problems getting the various buttons that set up 'quotes', etc. to work. Even the silly smiles don't work. I click them and nothing happens (including spell check). I have managed to use the format by typing the "bracket" b "bracket" ...the text... "bracket" forward slash, b "bracket (example)  around the text but would rather just click the button.

Running a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10

Cheers.
« Last Edit: 05 March 2016, 09:47:56 by The Purist »
Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thought upon the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

"...Remember also the two "prime directives" in playing BattleTech:
1. HAVE FUN
2. DON'T LET YOURSELF GET SO CAUGHT UP IN THE RULES THAT YOU STOP HAVING FUN"
Page 168 - Reunification War

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
Re: Various buttons not working
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2016, 08:54:06 »
Good morning,

I seem to be having problems getting the various buttons that set up 'quotes', etc. to work. Even the silly smiles don't work. I click them and nothing happens (including spell check). I have managed to use the format by typing the (example) ... around the text but would rather just click the button.

Running a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10

Cheers.

*experiments a bit*

An image in the edit screen isn't loading properly.  While that's a server-side issue, in the specific case of Edge, it's causing some of the JavaScript to fail ungracefully.

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2016, 09:53:44 »
Ok,... so that doesn't sound like something I can fix with my (extremely) limited tech skills.

I'll have to surf through some threads for the footer and header bracket formats for such things placing attachments  higher up in the text (instead of at the bottom of the page) and other means of improving the look and organisation of posts.

Cheers.
Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thought upon the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

"...Remember also the two "prime directives" in playing BattleTech:
1. HAVE FUN
2. DON'T LET YOURSELF GET SO CAUGHT UP IN THE RULES THAT YOU STOP HAVING FUN"
Page 168 - Reunification War

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2016, 10:25:07 »
*experiments a bit*

An image in the edit screen isn't loading properly.  While that's a server-side issue, in the specific case of Edge, it's causing some of the JavaScript to fail ungracefully.

I'm not available today, but could you shoot me the error-causing script? Man, do I hate Edge...
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan