Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 171971 times)

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #570 on: 26 June 2019, 16:31:01 »
schiltron, firestarter omni, manticore, blizzard, partisan
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #571 on: 26 June 2019, 19:36:41 »
What didn't make it out?

Not for you to worry about at this time.

I do need to know what 2 Mechs you would send if you were on this mission.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #572 on: 27 June 2019, 19:49:32 »
Hi-

I don't believe that the Cougar got damaged in the last fight, while I know the Hellhound, Loki, and Cicada did.

So from the Dragon's Clutch, the Cougar-A and the Wolfhound-2.  If I'm wrong on the Cougar being undamaged, please tell me.

From the Rhodes Warriors, the Warhammer-6D and the Phoenix Hawk-1D.

Thanks-
OT

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #573 on: 27 June 2019, 20:56:32 »
You should be good, but I will check when I get home.

the Cougar is good to go. the Hellbringer was in the last mission not the Cougar.

the Cougar was in the mission before last and had field security during the last mission.
« Last Edit: 28 June 2019, 01:01:24 by shadhawk »

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #574 on: 27 June 2019, 22:26:48 »
Tai-i Neville Rhodes
Captain Quintin Bonanno
Hauptmann Kiah Lorrian Rosen Franks
Major Crash Cranson
Colonel Euron Greyjoy

A courier delivers to you bound copies, in english, of the Nejiro Military Code of Conduct and Justice with the relevant sections highlighted

Also in the same delivery are revisable copies, in english, of your current contracts, with a note,  "Review, and make changes as needed, then make an appointment with me to discuss before your current contract expires, if you have interest in continuing your employ."

Thank you

Joy Yorokobi
personal assistant
Chiji Chu-sa Meiyo Saganami
civilian liaison
Chiji no Chuan Butai

Kiah is very pleased and calls her team of lawyers into her office . she hands the package to them and instructs them to review and make recommendations and sets up several meetings with them so they can go over the contract with her and the senor staff 

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #575 on: 27 June 2019, 23:19:27 »
Okay so here are my pics

Javelin to hopefully detect things and my Archer to protect it while it dose

what is everyone else bringing?

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #576 on: 30 June 2019, 19:37:23 »
Charles brought the Owens and the Avatar;
Dave brought the Wolverine and the Hollander

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #577 on: 30 June 2019, 20:15:53 »
What did I miss?

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #578 on: 30 June 2019, 21:11:55 »
Lessee, the mission went well, we pretty much got our objectives covered, though there was some confusion when one of the people we were trying to shepherd to safety decided to disappear so we couldn't be certain they were clear and started jamming OUR communications.  Shiro was his usual rambunctious self, and got shut down as he was trying to organize a Canopian pleasure party at Crash's restaurant. 

We exchanged some fire with one unidentified force, never got within weapons range of either the WoBbles or the Black Dracs, but all went well, except for Crash and his Owens.  I'm beginning to think someone cursed his Owens mechs on the assembly line...

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #579 on: 01 July 2019, 12:32:31 »
once on board the dropship, it would be discovered there are two capable of jamming and going "invisible"

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #580 on: 01 July 2019, 13:35:20 »
Understood.  Not trying to let loose any information I might not have in character, though. 

once on board the dropship, it would be discovered there are two capable of jamming and going "invisible"

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #581 on: 03 July 2019, 01:20:25 »
NEW PERSONNEL ASSESSMENT

Subject: Fuka Hiyami
Assessor: Warrant Officer Julia Goodbrother, Ironborn
To: Col. Euron Greyjoy, CO, Ironborn

Colonel,

As requested, I have completed my interview and assessment of Miss Hiyami for the position of 'Mech technician.  Here are the results:

Fuka Hiyami, Age: 24.  She claims to have lived on Nejiro her whole life.  Only child.  Parents are civilians (Father: Renji, Age: 48, Mother: Kyoko Age: 46).  Her uncle Soichiro is one of the retired Kuritan marines living on-planet.  Graduated from the university in Yousai with very high marks in the technical  and mechanical fields.  She's spent her post-academic years maintaining and repairing WorkerMechs in Hilo and, apparently, moonlighting as a bunny cosplayer serving drinks at the convention center you found her at.  Hobbies include studying Battlemech schematics and "'Mech spotting".  She says she always wanted up close access to the real thing.  Girl's a total "'Mech Bunny" through and through.

As for her actual technical expertise, I must say even I'm impressed.  After she got over the whole "kid in a candy store" shock when I let her into the 'Mech bay, I began testing her knowledge on some of the systems damage we've sustained and she did not disappoint.  She helped correct a systems fault in our new Grand Dragon that our hosts had missed when they gave it to us.  She also could tell Dagmer's been messing around with his ejector seat, which would've caused a catastrophic fault if he tried using it (I had a little talk with him about it, he said he's been trying to "adjust" his seat so he can put it back to make it more comfortable, permission to whack him upside the head with a wrench the next time he tries that).  So then, I decided to give Fuka a real test.  I deliberately placed 3 minor faults in Bad Sister and took her for a ride to tell if she could spot them.  She not only caught all 3, but also detected a loose servo I didn't know about as well just from the noise it made.  I believe I hate her and love her at the same time.  This girl could take my job, and probably CWO Hoare's as well.

On a personal level, she seems quite amenable and willing to learn (she even called me senpai once).  However, she does attract a lot of unwanted attention to herself.  Most of the younger males seem enamoured with her, especially that lunkhead Dagmer.  Even Capt. Botley did a double-take when he saw her the first time.  This may cause problems in the future.

All in all, Fuka has the makings of an exceptional technician.  Simply put, she's a prodigy and a natural with 'Mech technology.  Honestly, I could talk shop with her all day.  She's almost too good to be true, and this is what worries me.  Her skills are waaaaay too good for her to have been wasting the last few years mucking about with WorkerMechs and serving drinks in a bunny outfit for stupid kids.  Even with access to the best technical journals and net files around, there's NO WAY she could be at the level she's at having only lived on a planet at the ass end of nowhere.  Suggest you have Jack and Jonah run security and background checks on Miss Hiyami and her uncle.  I don't want to recommend her addition to the ranks of the Ironborn tech crews until we know she isn't a plant sent by the BlackDracs or the White Robes to spy on us.  Let me know what you find.

Signed,
Julia Goodbrother,
Warrant Officer 1st Class

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #582 on: 03 July 2019, 01:27:33 »
Anthony:  Euron finishes reading Julia's report and sends a comminique over a coded frequency to Jack asking if he and Jonah can run a security and background check on one Fuka Hiyami, her parents, Renji and Kyoko and uncle Soichiro Hiyami.  Specifically, they are to look for any sympathies or loyalties they might have for the Kokuryu-kai and/or the Word of Blake.  Also to make sure that the story Fuka told Julia about her past is accurate.

PS: I don't remember all the things you told me about her after Euron "picked her up", so feel free to correct my story where necessary.

Dave

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #583 on: 03 July 2019, 10:02:50 »
Anthony:  Euron finishes reading Julia's report and sends a comminique over a coded frequency to Jack asking if he and Jonah can run a security and background check on one Fuka Hiyami, her parents, Renji and Kyoko and uncle Soichiro Hiyami.  Specifically, they are to look for any sympathies or loyalties they might have for the Kokuryu-kai and/or the Word of Blake.  Also to make sure that the story Fuka told Julia about her past is accurate.

PS: I don't remember all the things you told me about her after Euron "picked her up", so feel free to correct my story where necessary.

Dave

no problem you have a nice story  :thumbsup:  8)

I will give you something in a day or two  :thumbsup:

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #584 on: 03 July 2019, 10:03:58 »
Outside of plant one from a secure position the security team checks out what is going on in plant one.
“Looks like a lot going on down there.”
“Sure does.”
“Take third squad and see if you can get over to that set of hills and get a better view.”
“Yes sir.”
“You take second squad to those woods and see what you can from that point.”
“Yes sir.”
“I will keep first and fourth squads here.”
After a little over an hour the other squads return.
“Sir that place is crawling with ‘Mechs, armor and battle armor.”
“We counted lance of ‘Mechs, a dozen combat vehicles and a platoons worth of battle armor.
“OK I will call in to command and see what kind of help we can get out this way”

A few klicks from plant one a Confederate Class DropShip lands. It offloads 4 Battlemechs. The Wolverine and Komodo take up positions to starboard of the ship and the Archer and Javelin take positions to port of the ship.
The commander of the security team walks over to the Archer as 1st Leutnant Carl Franks dismounts.
“Sir my team has made a primary sweep of the plants perimeter. We have spotted a lance of Battlemechs, a company of combat vehicles and a platoon of Battle Armor.”
Franks returns the Shujin’s salute. “Thank You. What other units do you have in the area?”
“We are all at this time sir.”
“OK then I will have my Javelin make a sweep of the site and see what its sensors can pick up. I would like your team to also sweep the area once more. You know the area better and may pick up something we may miss.”
“Yes sir. You will want to check the southern side as my team did not go that far around.”
“Roger that. I will keep the other ‘Mechs here with the ship. Do you know it the personal got out?”
“No sir. I only have four squads and did not want to get to spread out.”
“Good move on your part. We will work under the idea that they are still inside.”

On its sweep of the perimeter of the plant the Javelin picks up movement but does not see anything. Stopping the ‘Mech to run more scans, the movement stops and still the pilot sees nothing. After a few moments the pilot moves back along the path to get back to the others.
“Leutnant I am returning. I did not complete the recon of the site. I will give a full report on my return.”
A little more than an hour after the Javelins returns to the DropShip. The pilot dismounts and walks over the Leutnant Franks.
“Sir I must report that the area is not secure. During my sweep I ran across movement but could not see anything. I then move from that area and headed back to here using evasive action to make sure I was not followed.”
“Very good. I want you to run the perimeter from the other direction. When you get close to the location you had the movement take care just in case something is in that area.”
“Aff.” The pilot mounts up and heads out.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #585 on: 03 July 2019, 13:00:23 »
CO protem of Arkab Harib upon safe set down elsewhere starts screaming in Arabic, Japaneses, English "Someone better tell me where my unit can rearm, repair, and resupply." Then grabbing  the nearest person. Inches from their face and not caring what their job is. "You! Get the governor on the line, NOW! or you're dead." drawing his pistol."

Maranthain

• Sergeant
    • Winter's Dream Mercenary Unit
« Reply #586 on: 04 July 2019, 02:13:26 »
Hello, there, everyone. I’m new to these boards, but not to Battletech. My name is Jeff Schaller. I used to play a long time ago at strategy game corner. I was just told about this group, and am feeling the itch to get back into the game. I will be at the event at Brothers Grim. Shoot me any questions.
Strength Through Perseverance

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #587 on: 04 July 2019, 10:35:34 »
welcome to the family

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #588 on: 04 July 2019, 11:31:49 »
Welcome aboard, look forward to meeting you in person!

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #589 on: 04 July 2019, 20:55:04 »
     After the call of the rolls it is discovered that the Arkab Harib has lost the crews of the aforementioned vehicles and battlemech but also the Unit commnading officer and vehicle commander(schiltron), vehicle executive officer(partisan), battlemech  lance commanding officer and unit executive officer(firestarter). All gave some, some gave all.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #590 on: 04 July 2019, 21:39:38 »
So, what leadership do you have left?
This feels like a Star Trek episode where Kirk sends down all of his senior officers, leaving some Ensign in charge of the ship. In this case, they seem to all have been wearing red shirts.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2019, 21:59:29 by jimdigris »

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #591 on: 04 July 2019, 23:39:30 »
TBD

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #592 on: 04 July 2019, 23:45:50 »
Hello, there, everyone. I’m new to these boards, but not to Battletech. My name is Jeff Schaller. I used to play a long time ago at strategy game corner. I was just told about this group, and am feeling the itch to get back into the game. I will be at the event at Brothers Grim. Shoot me any questions.

Looking forward to seeing at the WWE  :thumbsup:

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #593 on: 04 July 2019, 23:58:26 »
CO protem of Arkab Harib upon safe set down elsewhere starts screaming in Arabic, Japaneses, English "Someone better tell me where my unit can rearm, repair, and resupply." Then grabbing  the nearest person. Inches from their face and not caring what their job is. "You! Get the governor on the line, NOW! or you're dead." drawing his pistol."

Two MPs draw their Taser weapons and fire.
A couple hours later MechWarrior Parris wakes up in a brig, his head feels like someone has a jackhammer working on it.
“Get the Chu-sa down here our guest is awake.”
A few moments later a DCA officer is at the cell. “So now that you are awake we can now move on.”
The warrior looks at the officer, the joker with the hammer is not letting up.
“You should consider yourself lucky that it was DCA MPs that shot you, I sure the locals would have used more final means after your little display.” He looks at the MechWarrior. “Well you just got yourself a fast ticket home. You can explain to your leaders the what and why. They will get to figure out what will happen to you.”
He looks at the officer. ‘You are sending me home?”
“Correct. If you stay here I am sure the local laws will not be kind to your little display. They are not so forgiving about things like that. Clean yourself up and you will be on the next DropShip off world.”

Jack arrives at the DCA building in Hilo. The Gunsho at the door informs him that the Chu-sa is not available at this time but if he wishes he can wait in the office. Half an hour later the Chu-sa comes in and goes to the office that Jack is in.
“Sho-ko.” He nods to Jack.
“Chu-sa. You know why I am here, so what is the DCMS doing with our problem?”
“It will be gone in the next few hours. You understand that I cannot let local jurisdiction deal with this.”
“We understand. You also understand we cannot have any more …. displays like that or we will be forced to deal with it.”
“”The Dragon understands and this is why the Dragon is happy you have not …. pushed to handle it.”
“I need to keep this short as I have someone that I must see now.”
“Chu-sa.” Jack nods and heads out
“Gunsho.” The Chu-sa calls out. The no-com opens the door to the office. “Is my next meeting ready?”
“Yes sir. He is in the gardens.”

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #594 on: 07 July 2019, 14:51:21 »
On its sweep of the perimeter of the plant the Javelin picks up movement but does not see anything. Stopping the ‘Mech to run more scans, the movement stops and still the pilot sees nothing. After a few moments the pilot moves back along the path to get back to the others.
“Leutnant I am returning. I did not complete the recon of the site. I will give a full report on my return.”
A little more than an hour after the Javelins returns to the DropShip. The pilot dismounts and walks over the Leutnant Franks.
“Sir I must report that the area is not secure. During my sweep I ran across movement but could not see anything. I then move from that area and headed back to here using evasive action to make sure I was not followed.”
“Very good. I want you to run the perimeter from the other direction. When you get close to the location you had the movement take care just in case something is in that area.”
“Aff.” The pilot mounts up and heads out.

while Carl is waiting for the Javelins return he send a priority transmission back to command stating there maybe hostages and requesting all original old and new blueprints of the plant to find possible alternative access points for hostage rescue

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #595 on: 07 July 2019, 16:27:55 »
"This is Hands of the Goddess actual to GSF.  Please give me an update on the latest engagement."

In other news, I am back from Florida.  No mishaps, which is pleasing considering that there is a burning smell coming off my engine.  My mechanic tells me that I have a very slow transmission leak, but cleared the car for the trip.  I'll go back to him this Friday for an oil change and fluid inspection.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #596 on: 07 July 2019, 18:09:50 »
"This is Hands of the Goddess actual to GSF.  Please give me an update on the latest engagement."

In other news, I am back from Florida.  No mishaps, which is pleasing considering that there is a burning smell coming off my engine.  My mechanic tells me that I have a very slow transmission leak, but cleared the car for the trip.  I'll go back to him this Friday for an oil change and fluid inspection.

Hope you had a good tine in Fla.  :thumbsup:

if it is transmission fluid get it fixed ASAP. to replace the transmission is not cheep.

Sir what two mechs were to go on the rescue mission? need to know due to many things going on.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #597 on: 07 July 2019, 19:44:56 »
Archer and Griffin.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #598 on: 07 July 2019, 23:01:04 »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #599 on: 07 July 2019, 23:33:57 »
To: Colonel Euron Grayjoy
Re: Hiyami Fuka

Sir our personal have looked over her records as you asked and have the following to show.
Hiyami Fuka
Born: Hilo General Hospital, Hilo, Nijero 3044/01/23
School:
Hilo Primary School: Graduated Class of 3056 top 15%
Hilo Secondary School: Graduated Class of 3062 top 10%
Rose Polytechnic Institute: WorkMech Basic Mechanical Operations and Repair. 2 Years Graduated 3064 top 10%
Kosen Technological University: Advanced WorkMech Operations and Repair, Computer Technician, Radio Technician
Work:
Nakahara Industries (WorkMech Technician)
Sunshine Entertainment (Waitress)

Hiyami Renji
Born: 3020
Vehicle Technician Hilo Automotive Group

Hiyami Kyoko
Born: 3022
Trauma Care Nurse Hilo General Hospital

Soichiro Hiyami
Born: 3011
DCA Marine Shujin: retired due to combat injuries.
Teacher Hilo Secondary School
Teaches Math and Firearms Safety