Author Topic: Is there a warchest campaign rule set for Alpha Strike?  (Read 2056 times)

greasyspoon

• Corporal
We started playing the Sword and Dragon starter book campaign.  We really like it.  It’s an easy and simple but really effects your game decisions because of the need to resupply.  Some in our group like Alpha Strike a little better because of the larger battles and time. Is the a warchest campaign system for alpha strike?  I looked in the AS Commanders edition and it talks about linking missions to do a campaign but does not give any details.  Am I missing something or are the rules in different book?

Thanks

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Is there a warchest campaign rule set for Alpha Strike?
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2020, 21:06:25 »
Alpha Strike rulebook pg 115. an expansion is in the ASC pg 168. the Chaos Campaign in Campaign Operations is also designed to be used for either regular BT or AS. Likewise the same basic rules are outlined in the free Chaos Campaign: Succession Wars.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2020, 06:04:27 »
Yeah, my recommendation would be Chaos Campaign: Succession Wars.  It's missing a few AS specific rules I will list here.  Otherwise it's the most current version of the Chaos Campaign rules.

Alpha Strike Specific Chaos Campaign
In general players using Alpha Strike rules use the Chaos Campaign rules, but there are a few additions to cover situations for Alpha Strike.

Skill Advancement
Alpha Strike uses a single Skill rather than split Piloting and Gunnery. Alpha Strike Skill Advancement cost is the total of increasing Piloting and Gunnery one each (350 SP).

Ammunition
With the exception of units with the ENE ability, any unit that participated in a scenario needs to rearm to maintain its full combat strength. Alpha Strike units cost a base 10 SP to re-arm.  Any weapon based special abilities (ART, BOMB, FLK, HT, IF, LRM, MSL, SRM, TOR, etc.), or any special ability that involve equipment in need of ammunition (AMS, C3RS, MDS, any NARC ability, RSD, etc.) requires an additional 5 SP for each special ability to re-arm. Any unit that wants access to Alternate Munitions must pay the experimental ammunition SP reload cost (50 SP) per alternate munition type you give it access to.
A unit that has not rearmed reduces the damage dealt by its weapon attacks (but not its physical attacks) by 1 at all range brackets. If the special ability re-arm cost is not paid, the  unit cannot use that special ability. Aerospace Fighters with ENE must pay the special ability re-arm cost for their BOMB special ability or cannot use their BOMB special ability, but are otherwise unaffected.

Salvage
A unit that has had all of its armor and structure bubbles marked off in gameplay is considered destroyed for tactical purposes, but for most such units there remains a chance that the remains can be salvaged and repaired later. Depending on the specific track rules, salvage may be possible by whichever side won the previous track.
When salvage is allowed between tracks, any unit that has been completely marked off by damage will receive a chance to be salvaged unless it is a conventional infantry unit (of any kind), an aerospace unit that crashed, or any unit type that had its last points of armor or structure marked off due to artillery or bomb damage.
For each marked-off unit that may be salvaged, the side that won the track rolls 2D6. On a result of 9 or higher, the destroyed unit is salvageable, and may be repaired using SP, or scrapped for half its normal selling price (see Selling, below). If the roll is 8 or less, the destroyed unit is too far gone to be of any use.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

greasyspoon

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2020, 21:29:11 »
Cool thanks for the info.  I will pick up the chaos book.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2020, 21:34:16 »
the price is certainly right  :)

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Register