Author Topic: Homeworlds Socio-Industrial Levels?  (Read 824 times)

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
Homeworlds Socio-Industrial Levels?
« on: 09 November 2023, 16:20:47 »
Does anyone know a source, or sources, that list the socio-industrial levels for any Clan homeworld? I've looked through Wars of Reaving, Children of Kerensky, and a few other places, and while there exists data about the worlds, I can't find any of the socio-industrial levels.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to look?

"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

Alan Grant

• Captain
Re: Homeworlds Socio-Industrial Levels?
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2023, 07:44:24 »
I looked through a few documents. I don't see that applied anywhere.

Wars of Reaving gets the closest, with campaign info on each world near the end of the book. Warriors of Kerensky provides a lot of similar data in a chart toward the end of the book. But not on this particular line item.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think it exists.

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2023, 10:23:05 »
I looked through a few documents. I don't see that applied anywhere.

Wars of Reaving gets the closest, with campaign info on each world near the end of the book. Warriors of Kerensky provides a lot of similar data in a chart toward the end of the book. But not on this particular line item.

Thanks Alan, I figured if anyone would know, it would probably be you or tassa_kay.

The reason it caught my eye was because in the section on Socio-industrial levels in Time of War, it makes the blanket statement that Clan homeworlds are universally tech sophistication A. This makes sense, but it made me wonder about the other USILR levels. Most Clan planets are usually described as agriculturally poor, probably a D or C-level. This made me wonder if any planets were described anywhere in the literature.

Thanks for looking!
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2023, 02:55:46 »
While I agree that it's a fascinating thing to want to tease out, I'm not sure the Homeworlds fall neatly into the USILR categories. Some might be easier to define, especially worlds wholly controlled by a single Clan, but the nature of the enclave system that the Clans use to carve up territory likely means the on-planet variety of situations and resource availability differs widely from Clan to Clan. Sure, a generalization could probably be made for each of them, but it wouldn't always nail the nuance of how civilians experience life from one side of a border to the next. But that's just my 2 cents.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Being tactful in audacity is knowing how far one can go too far."
Jean Cocteau

The Once & Future WiseOldNovaCat

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2023, 05:39:06 »
While I agree that it's a fascinating thing to want to tease out, I'm not sure the Homeworlds fall neatly into the USILR categories. Some might be easier to define, especially worlds wholly controlled by a single Clan, but the nature of the enclave system that the Clans use to carve up territory likely means the on-planet variety of situations and resource availability differs widely from Clan to Clan. Sure, a generalization could probably be made for each of them, but it wouldn't always nail the nuance of how civilians experience life from one side of a border to the next. But that's just my 2 cents.

I absolutely agree with this, and I'd even tack on that fact that each Clan approaches their handling of civilians and infrastructure differently, too. Like the Smoke Jaguars pretty much taking so much of what they need from other Clans because they couldn't be arsed not to treat their civvies like absolute crap.
« Last Edit: 11 November 2023, 05:45:36 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2023, 05:42:59 »

Don't think you missed anything (not that you ever do, you're so thorough!). The best sources for planetary data in the Clan Homeworlds are WoK, WoR and OpKlondike, and not one of them lists it.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 11 November 2023, 06:46:56 »
I absolutely agree with this, and I'd even tack on that fact that each Clan approaches their handling of civilians and infrastructure differently, too. Like the Smoke Jaguars pretty much taking so much of what they need from other Clans because they couldn't be arsed not to treat their civvies like absolute crap.

There is also a note in Wars of Reaving that the Clans often leave huge tracts of the planets untouched. The infrastructure concentrates around factories and firebases and you rarely find rural villages or towns on Clan planets (which gives the Clan also more control of it's civilians). These wild parts are then often used for trials of possesion so not to destroy the thing you trial for (though that began to change after the Great Refusal). It almost sounds like a version of the old Outworlds Alliance though there the planets are dotted with small villages but the inhabitants don't touch much of the planets available resources.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #7 on: 11 November 2023, 20:57:27 »
I can imagine that Clan society, as a people not faction, would be enclaved to certain locations dotting the planetside. Every Factory, Mining and Farm Dome town would occupy a certain map point, leaving the rest as unallocated rural for the Trials.

Atypical Clan Raid would be to Batchall for whatever, Trial and results. If an Invasion is being done, same thing but would include isola of said civilian.

I'd give them A-A-B-C-D for their Capitals and C-B-C-C-D for others, the few Breadbasket planets would go up to C-B-C-C-B. The reason their Capitals are better is because most are heavily built up and the OG colonized in the Pentagon worlds, The Kerensky Cluster are way more utopian bare.

While The Society, faction base, would just be the same.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016