Author Topic: Wob in 3095?? (McEvedy's Folly incident)  (Read 7023 times)

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
Wob in 3095?? (McEvedy's Folly incident)
« on: 07 February 2019, 02:57:56 »
So something is bothering me, the fact that WoB has an active warship with support of their latest and greatest fighters to attack an unnamed planet a hop away from McEvedy's Folly. If memory serves correct the Jihad had died in 3081 roughly with the defeat of WoB on terra? Now I know they still would have had some assets, but surely a late model carrier with next gen fighters? Seems a bit rich. Now admittedly its classed as canon rumour, but is there any more info of still active Wob assets post jihad?

StoneRhino

• Captain
Re: Wob in 3095?? (McEvedy's Folly incident)
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2019, 03:42:29 »
Post Jihad WoB rumors? Never hearda dem. Move along, nothing to see here.   >:D

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2019, 06:34:25 »
A gazillion WoB personnel, entire divisions of military hardware, and several WarShips vanished without being destroyed, and are not accounted for. Two entire hidden worlds exist that were never found. I guess I don't see your problem.

And the Thera's attack against an IE dig is not a canon rumor; it's fully canon.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2019, 11:38:14 »
Jihad Final Reckoning has the data you want. But roughly 7 Shadow Divisions are listed as MIA, 4 WoBM Divisions and 5 WarShips, including the Thera.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2019, 13:21:55 »
I thought they had all fled to a planet code named Antarctica in the deep periphery?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Tangoforone

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2019, 14:48:36 »
As far as canonicity, I don't believe anything has been posted past the Jihad: Final Reckoning book.  The prevailing theories, as far as I am aware, are as follows:

1:  All the Manei Domini killed off the standard militia for not being true believers, then went mad due to their implants. 
2:  They have an incredibly well defended, well hidden base on a hidden world, with a multitude of jump ports that they use to restock and gather info from civilization.  Some of their super-carriers, with the high-tech jump equipment still survive. 

What has been verified, I believe, is that many of the WOBM and higher-level intelligence officers blended back into Comstar and other factions to continue their behind-the-scenes shenanigans.  To what end or for what purpose, I don't know.

What I do know is that we will return to bring salvation to the Inner Sphere, and extinction to the Clan heathens.  May the light of Blake guide you :)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2019, 14:55:09 »
A gazillion WoB personnel, entire divisions of military hardware, and several WarShips vanished without being destroyed, and are not accounted for. Two entire hidden worlds exist that were never found. I guess I don't see your problem.

And the Thera's attack against an IE dig is not a canon rumor; it's fully canon.

Even after their defeat, the unaccounted for assets still constituted a major military power on paper. the time for a massive wob resurgence has probably passed, but i would definitely enjoy the chaos.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2019, 14:59:22 »
Actually a few Blakist enclaves have been found by/during the Dark Ages.  I want to say it was Wolf Hunters, or whatever the book was where Anastasia Kerensky broke up the Steel Wolves, had one of the merc groups some of the proto-Wolves joined tasked with investigating a area on a continent that had not been settled.  They found grain fields, DS hidden as rock formations, and wrecked/barely functional Militia mechs.  I seem to remember a Initiate and Toyama with I think a Lancelot being wrecked.  The Blakist refugees had ended up fighting among themselves and had regressed to a post-Apocalypse level.

Sartis-  Would it be enough to go wipe out the Clan Homeworlds?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #8 on: 07 February 2019, 14:59:52 »
Anything that comes from the Interstellar Players series (and that one certainly qualifies) can and usually SHOULD be taken with a grain of salt the size of a Ryoken.

Then again, they DO get things right now and then (Sixth of June, for example)... hmmm...  >:D
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #9 on: 07 February 2019, 15:18:01 »
Sartis-  Would it be enough to go wipe out the Clan Homeworlds?

i mean it doesn't matter how many assets you have if you can't get them to the destination. i've never run any numbers on what a re-formed blakist army would look like in the 3090s, but it would be mighty tough to move and supply. As to whether they could expunge the clans, i suppose that depends on what's going on up there. if the robes made their #1 priority after the jihad to get up to the kerensky cluster with a small fleet of warships with a large number of nuclear weapons, they might be able to permanently cripple what's left of the homeclan's industrial capability - though it's entirely possible such a taskforce would run into the winners of the reavings - say a pissed Star Adder Touman that's been doing nothing but brooding for a decade and gets to take out its frustration on the first thing that comes out of jump.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #10 on: 07 February 2019, 16:15:42 »
i mean it doesn't matter how many assets you have if you can't get them to the destination. i've never run any numbers on what a re-formed blakist army would look like in the 3090s, but it would be mighty tough to move and supply. As to whether they could expunge the clans, i suppose that depends on what's going on up there. if the robes made their #1 priority after the jihad to get up to the kerensky cluster with a small fleet of warships with a large number of nuclear weapons, they might be able to permanently cripple what's left of the homeclan's industrial capability - though it's entirely possible such a taskforce would run into the winners of the reavings - say a pissed Star Adder Touman that's been doing nothing but brooding for a decade and gets to take out its frustration on the first thing that comes out of jump.

That would make the Aggressor's case for IS taint being beyond redmption.  And maybe make the plot move forward.  Hopefully the Homies have found a way to ratchet up the sibkos in this case.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #11 on: 07 February 2019, 16:25:23 »
i mean it doesn't matter how many assets you have if you can't get them to the destination. i've never run any numbers on what a re-formed blakist army would look like in the 3090s, but it would be mighty tough to move and supply.

Supply is easy, they have already been building caches and staging all sorts of supplies- to include 3050s and 3060s WoB weapons production.
Colt Ward

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #12 on: 07 February 2019, 17:39:22 »
Assuming you can get at them while the whole of humanity is trying to track you down. They don’t have a nation any more so everything has to be done secretly and carefully

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #13 on: 07 February 2019, 17:46:09 »
In the deep periphery?  Between the OZs and Home worlds we have unknown caches.  They already managed to break contact with the IS otherwise the Regulans would have been giving them parting gifts of Canned Sunshine.
Colt Ward

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #14 on: 07 February 2019, 17:57:10 »
The ruins of Gabriel was like two jumps from arc royal. The other hidden worlds could be similarly not peripheral Not all their stuff could have possibly made it out to the sticks. Getting the band back together wouldn’t be impossible but it would take time, and that’s time for the surviving homeclans to get their shit together

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #15 on: 07 February 2019, 18:06:03 »
Now, if the WoB went to the home clans and allied with them....

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #16 on: 07 February 2019, 18:22:24 »
Great. It’s clan weasel robes with their manei protomechs and Double Omnis

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #17 on: 07 February 2019, 18:45:28 »
Whole lotta crushin goin on in that case.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

haesslich

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 07 February 2019, 21:04:20 »
Even after their defeat, the unaccounted for assets still constituted a major military power on paper. the time for a massive wob resurgence has probably passed, but i would definitely enjoy the chaos.

The Word of Blake are the Belkans of the Battletech universe.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #19 on: 07 February 2019, 21:04:32 »
To the OP, they just don’t have one active Warship, they have the asteroid chucking mobile factory Enyries at thier behest
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #20 on: 07 February 2019, 23:09:51 »
The ruins of Gabriel was like two jumps from arc royal. The other hidden worlds could be similarly not peripheral Not all their stuff could have possibly made it out to the sticks. Getting the band back together wouldn’t be impossible but it would take time, and that’s time for the surviving homeclans to get their shit together

IIRC none of the original hidden 5 was in the Periphery.

All were around/between the 250-500 LY Lines or something like that IIRC.

That said they did have some lovely stuff out in the Periphery, but that wasn't the "Hidden-5"
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #21 on: 07 February 2019, 23:19:16 »
So something is bothering me, the fact that WoB has an active warship with support of their latest and greatest fighters to attack an unnamed planet a hop away from McEvedy's Folly. If memory serves correct the Jihad had died in 3081 roughly with the defeat of WoB on terra? Now I know they still would have had some assets, but surely a late model carrier with next gen fighters? Seems a bit rich. Now admittedly its classed as canon rumour, but is there any more info of still active Wob assets post jihad?

The carrier and its compliment were a known asset that was unaccounted for at wars end.

It's worth mentioning, though, that at least a portion of the Manei Domini have a pretty short shelf life. A lot of their implants are harsh like that.

Not all, though.

Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #22 on: 07 February 2019, 23:39:11 »
It's worth mentioning, though, that at least a portion of the Manei Domini have a pretty short shelf life. A lot of their implants are harsh like that.

Not all, though.

Not even most. As far as I know, only the various VDNI implants cause extended issues that can't be combated with drugs (maybe the Triple Core Processor as well)

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 08 February 2019, 02:21:43 »
Now, if the WoB went to the home clans and allied with them....

Interesting idea if it happened, but I just don't see how any author could make that believable. Not after the Home Clans have been moved firmly into the anti-Spheroid mindset.

Could be that the surviving Robes took over the Hanseatic League by offering them tech and protection from Aggressor raiding parties, and that since the 3090s a Blakist/Hanseatic alliance has been duking it out with the Home Clanners and Imperio throughout the Deep Periphery.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #24 on: 08 February 2019, 02:42:32 »
Era Digest: Dark Age added a NeoWobbie terrorist faction with ties to sphere wise neowobbie movements, and has been indications hidden in some sidebar fiction that the group had ties to whatever survived of the WOB proper.

StoneRhino

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 08 February 2019, 03:12:24 »
I like seeing people suggesting that WoB couldn't have taken their stuff and disappeared.

We are talking about a faction that was the offshoot of comstar, which had plenty of experience of building and hiding forces for ages while also messing with the houses. WoB somehow built up enough of a force out of "nowhere" to take on the entire I.S. and several clans and give them hell for some time. The leader was someone people didn't expect.

Who knows what they really have stashed away. The only reason the I.S. knows of the clans is because Comstar wondered beyond what the houses had and stumbled upon the hive. What was comstar really up to and to what extent?

Chances are WoB's primary assets are it's people, meaning they could have dumped anything anywhere out in the open and not care. They can just build what they dumped on some unknown planet. Of course if they knew that you would know that some of them had survived, they would expect you to go looking for them. If so, would you go in the direction that they think you went? That direction being the one that you made them think you went ? We are talking about those that controlled the HPGs and had warships sitting around, and installed a puppet as the leader of a I.S. house. I'm sure they could find a way to divert a few dropships worth of stuff and cover the records to create a supply chain that nobody really knows exists. WoB could be your neighbors.... >:D

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #26 on: 08 February 2019, 05:50:12 »
IMHO it would be very charming to have an alliance of the escaped Manei Domini and the Homeclans.
After some initial battles both faction might have considered the Inner Sphere being their common adversery up to their destruction.

However, I think that after Herb Beas and Ben Rome`s leaving anything what might have been considered for these WOB elements did go the way of the Dodo.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #27 on: 08 February 2019, 09:10:52 »
The Word of Blake are the Belkans of the Battletech universe.

This gave me a good laugh, thank you.  ;D
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 08 February 2019, 15:51:19 »
Double omni?
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #29 on: 08 February 2019, 15:55:31 »
Double omni?

the omni pods have omnipods

Register