Author Topic: Calvin Frost  (Read 2916 times)

pserrat

• Sergeant
Calvin Frost
« on: 11 December 2018, 06:14:26 »
There is a Calvin Frost (from Black Ronin Stables) figthing in 3086 in the Rankar's Deep. Now, there is also another Calvin Frost, 2nd Battalion Chu-Sa from the Ryuken-san in 3059.

Are they the same person?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Calvin Frost
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2018, 07:49:56 »
Do yo have the sources for those?  IE. That might help find who wrote those entrees to ask them.  Otherwise that's a fairly tiny detail that I'm not sure any one of us randomly would know.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

pserrat

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2018, 08:18:53 »
Here the data:
- Calvin Frost (from Black Ronin Stables) figthing in 3086 in the Rankar's Deep --> This comes from "The Season at Rankar's Deep", coming from the Battlecorps forums... now lost to the warp.
-  Calvin Frost, 2nd Battalion Chu-Sa from the Ryuken-san in 3059 --> Apears as part of the Field Manual Draconis Combine; FASA 1698

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2018, 14:28:04 »
The Calvin Frost from Rankar's deep is not related to Chu-sa Calvin Frost from the Ryuken-san. In a universe of trillions, there are bound to be people with the same name.

Craig
(Who wrote "The Season at Rankar's Deep" Series)
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

pserrat

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2018, 12:06:43 »
Thanks Craig. By the way, did you had in mind how to finish the season? Reports end at week 17 out of 24 if I calculated it correctly.

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2018, 12:49:52 »
Thanks Craig. By the way, did you had in mind how to finish the season? Reports end at week 17 out of 24 if I calculated it correctly.

I'm not sure... I'll have to check my files and see how much I did complete. Note: I came up with a system of dice roles to figure out who won and who lost, so the results are much as a surprise to me as to anyone who read the columns.....

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!

pserrat

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 13 December 2018, 05:44:09 »
It would be wonderful to have the results on that league... it was very interesting for us readers!

pserrat

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 21 January 2019, 12:53:02 »
I've been reviewing the published materials, and there are several MechWarriors whose Stable allegiance I've been unable to find. Maybe you can help:
Susan Belden
Thomas Colby
Calidia Raines
Natalia Burns
David Santos
Eveline Wilson
Sandra Nakamura

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2019, 16:26:32 »
I've been reviewing the published materials, and there are several MechWarriors whose Stable allegiance I've been unable to find. Maybe you can help:
Susan Belden
Thomas Colby
Calidia Raines
Natalia Burns
David Santos
Eveline Wilson
Sandra Nakamura

Susan Belden is a member of the Broken Chains team (Class 5 fighter)
Thomas Colby is a member of The Swords Stable (Class 5 fighter)
Calidia Raines is the Captain of The Swords team (Class 2 fighter)
Natalia Burns is the Captain of the Stone Fists team (Class 4 fighter)
David Santos is a member of the Broken Chains team (Class 4 fighter)
Eveline Wilson is a member of the Broken Chains team (Class 3 fighter)
Sandra Nakamura is the Captain of the Black Ronins (Class 3 fighter)

Craig

My Blogs!

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #9 on: 21 January 2019, 17:02:34 »
I'm not sure... I'll have to check my files and see how much I did complete. Note: I came up with a system of dice roles to figure out who won and who lost, so the results are much as a surprise to me as to anyone who read the columns.....

Craig

It turns out I never completed the last two matches of the season.....

As it stands right now, the Wyren Claws (DC) is leading the team competition with 153 points, followed by the Broken Chains Stable (Independent) with 150 points, and the Sun Runners (FS) with 147 points. The Red Jians (CC) is fourth with 135 points.

In Class 2 standings, Lo Yen (Red Jians) is the Champion, with 48 points with two matches left. Tyler Boyer (Regulus' Wrath stable) and Mansai Yamazaki (Wyran Claws) are second, but each has only 40 points (You can only get three points for a win). Boyer is second, based on timing points (17 points compared to Yamazaki's 14.9)

In Class 3, Anna Hung (Red Jians) has 49 points to Eveline Wilson's (Broken Chains) 45 points. In third, John Manheim (Stone Fists) has 37 points.

Class 4 leader is Tracy Vanberchum (Sun Runners) with 46 points, followed by David Sanada (Wyren Claws) with 40 and Natalia Burns (Stone Fists) is third with 36 points.

Class 5 sees Thomas Colby (The Swords) with 46 points, with Susan Belden (Broken Chains) three points behind at 43. The third place holder, Isadore Kelly (Sun Runners) has 38 points.

The overall championship sees the top six have a shot at winning it. Anna Hung (Red Jians) is on top with 49 points, with her teammate, Lo Yen (Red Jians) right behind her at 48 points. Tracy Vanberchum (Sun Runners) and Thomas Colby (The Swords) are tied with 46 points (Venberchum has more timing points -- 19.7 points vs Colby's 15.8 points). Fifth place is held by Eveline Wilson's (Broken Chains) 45 points, and  Susan Belden (Broken Chains) has 43 points.

Does that help?

Craig

My Blogs!

pserrat

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 22 January 2019, 06:59:24 »
This is incredible. Many thanks!! Maybe one day you are able to finish this incredible and interesting work.
One question, the two mechwarriors from the opening match of the 3086 BBL, Chaz Feelings and Danni Fremont, do they belong to any Stable?

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2019, 15:34:44 »
This is incredible. Many thanks!! Maybe one day you are able to finish this incredible and interesting work.
One question, the two mechwarriors from the opening match of the 3086 BBL, Chaz Feelings and Danni Fremont, do they belong to any Stable?

Neither one is an active fighter in any Solaris league -- both are basically retired.

Craig

My Blogs!

Register