Author Topic: Who made the Huntress?  (Read 2859 times)

Greyhind

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm Watching You
Who made the Huntress?
« on: 03 May 2011, 17:07:31 »
I'm planning on using a lance of HNT-1S-BTs as low hassle off-board artillery. Going out on a limb here the Huntress is a House Steiner 'mech published in Battle Technology. Confirmation? Is there anything else you guys can tell me about it? Did it come with fluff?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: Who made the Huntress?
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2011, 01:14:50 »
Battle Technology isn't an official source.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2011, 03:12:19 »
As MoneyLovinOgre4Hire says , the Huntress originated in Battletechnology but thats no reason for you not to use it if you want to.

Check youur mesaages for further details  ;)

Go to red alert!
Are you sure sir?  It does mean changing the lightbulb.

Greyhind

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm Watching You
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2011, 03:35:21 »
Thanks guys!

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2011, 04:29:29 »
Funny enough, there's an official FAQ titled "Ask the Precentor Martial" in this very site's download section. (Precentor Martial = Randall Bills, at the time BT Line Developer). It includes this gem:

Q: Is the Huntress BattleMech showcased in the old BattleTechnology still considered cannon? Are there any ground rules for making TankMechs? If not, can we see some made in the next incarnation of BMR or MaxTech?

A: Any unit that appeared in that magazine can be considered a part of the BattleTech universe, even if it is simply a unique prototype somewhere. However, they are not legal for tournament play. As for TankMechs, there are no rules covering that and I don't have any plans for a new rulebook in the near future, so we'll just have to wait and see. ;-)

I have to admit, though, that Herb rescinded that ruling when I asked him about it: Here  :'(
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Register