Author Topic: Battletech Long Island  (Read 161161 times)

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
Re: Battletech Long Island
« Reply #990 on: 16 March 2017, 19:27:52 »
I plan to try and be at I-Con on Sunday for a few hours.  If there's a time everyone wants to meet I'll certainly try to make sure I'm there for it ...

>:D

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #991 on: 16 March 2017, 21:23:09 »
I plan to be at I-Con Friday and Sunday.  Hopefully I won't be disappointed.  Where will everybody be so we can get together?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #992 on: 17 March 2017, 05:45:47 »
My plan is be out that around 10am to close on Sunday.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #993 on: 17 March 2017, 05:54:58 »
I plan to be at I-Con Friday and Sunday. 

Friday will be good to get your pass see the dealers area and get in some early games. Sunday is good for last minute things from the dealers area, checking out the different panels and gaming.

Hopefully I won't be disappointed.  Where will everybody be so we can get together?

It has been a few years from the last one so don't look for too much. From what I have seen it will be a small re-launch compared to what they had at Stony Brook.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #994 on: 17 March 2017, 17:07:17 »
FYI- The big yellow star on the attached map is where the game will be.  We are expecting 3-5 inches of snow Saturday night.  It will be melting by game time Sunday.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #995 on: 17 March 2017, 21:40:51 »
Same place they had gaming when the used Brentwood before

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #996 on: 18 March 2017, 17:48:04 »
ok guys so it is an urban environment where we must defend civilians and  protect the area and drive off or destroy the opfor

so we will need fast troop transports to get feet on the ground asap to defend the civilians and we will need to have support for those units. we may not want to bring supper slow units unless they have good range to support from afar.

then we also need response units

so as of right now

4 of us posted our forces

out of them we need to choose

4 mech
4 armored
and
4 infantry

so guys what are your thoughts as to what we should bring?
« Last Edit: 18 March 2017, 17:58:01 by Devondra »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #997 on: 18 March 2017, 20:38:27 »
Can we discuss it at I-Con tomorrow?

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #998 on: 19 March 2017, 18:31:14 »
Anthony:  For my infantry training, I want my Delta Infantry Platoon and their accompanying Goblin to rotate out of power plant security and send them for training in Security Base (Basic).

Chris: I forgot to ask which configuration you want me to outfit my Badger for next mission.  Do you want it outfitted with LRMs, SRMs, or Lasers?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #999 on: 19 March 2017, 18:55:51 »
Do you have the parts for the other configurations?

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1000 on: 20 March 2017, 16:36:55 »
I have the omni-pods for the Prime, B, C, and D configurations.  I've had them for most of the campaign.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1001 on: 20 March 2017, 18:09:41 »
Ok.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1002 on: 21 March 2017, 14:43:44 »
Anthony:  For my infantry training, I want my Delta Infantry Platoon and their accompanying Goblin to rotate out of power plant security and send them for training in Security Base (Basic).

No problem I well set them up of that

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1003 on: 21 March 2017, 17:45:55 »

Chris: I forgot to ask which configuration you want me to outfit my Badger for next mission.  Do you want it outfitted with LRMs, SRMs, or Lasers?

i think maybe the LRM maybe the best one this way you can fire from afar with infantry spotting for you 

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1004 on: 21 March 2017, 17:49:11 »
   From the Journal of Hauptman Kiah Franks

Well the commander’s summit went very well, I was honored and humbled that the other commanders voted me to be the overall commander of our group. And I was pleased that Colonel Euron Greyjoy of the Ironborn was voted in as the overall XO. We worked well together when the issue of discipline of his warrior was going on and I look forward to continuing to develop that working relationship.

We went on to set up a strategy for the next training mission. We will be moving troops into the city asap. The troop transports will have support to hopefully keep the opfour off of them, once in the city the troops will disperse out to protect the civilians.

The commanders agreed on the following assets for this mission 

Kiah’s hammers
   Striker
   Manteuffel
   Archer

The Ironborn
   The infantry via goblins and Fa Shih BA
   And Badger with LRM’s

Hands of the goddess
   Locust
   Giffen
   Allacorn

The Comstar will be asked to bring
   Mongoose mon-66
   Manticore lyran
   Badger tracked transport

Charles’s unit
   Jenner
   Hunter light support tank
   Maxim   

I look forward to working with the other commanders in the new capacity they have entrusted to me. I am pleased we have taken these steps to try and merge our command structures to work together in a more unified fashion.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1005 on: 25 March 2017, 14:43:51 »
Copy that, Hammer Actual.

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #1006 on: 26 March 2017, 09:04:12 »
wait WHAT?!?!  [tickedoff] 

So how come there was a vote for overall unit commander and xo without my being part of it?  I thought that was supposed to happen after the next game. 

And now I don't even get to CHOSE WHICH FRIGGIN UNITS I'm going to fight with?!

I have major problems with this.  Not saying I have a problem with who got chosen, (even though their playstyle is SIGNIFICANTLY different than mine) just extremely unhappy with how the decision got made.  As for the other bit: there is no chance... ZERO  that I will accept being told what units to use arbitrarily without my having any say in it.

(and in character:)

Lt. Colonel Meiyo Saganami
Governor

I have several issues I would like to discuss with you and your staff.  There is a trend among the other mercenary companies of making decisions without my input.  Most recently, the selection of Overall Unit Commander.

It was my understanding that the meeting to make this decision was originally scheduled to be held at the Eyrie with ALL unit commanders present. 

Instead, I find that it was held without my knowledge at an earlier time and at a location yet to be disclosed to me and resulted in the Steiner and Capellan commanders being selected as overall Unit Commander and XO respectively of the mixed mercenary command. This change in command structure without any prior notification to or input from my unit (if it actually occurred) is in direct breach of our contract.  Also, I have grave reservations about these traditional enemies of my people, who both, I might add, have already shown a preference for excluding my unit from decisions and not supporting my men on the battlefield, being given the power to control my unit's troop movements. 

In addition, their first action as overall command, before, I might add, I received ANY notification from your office about the change in chain of command confirming such (which I still have not received through channels or verbally from any of your representatives) has been to dictate what units I am permitted to commit to the training operation in direct violation of our current contract with you which specifies that the Eagle's Tears have autonomy in choice of units insofar as transport allows for any operation. 

I must therefore request that your office provide clarification on this situation and further state that if this change in command under these circumstances (there being no time pressure for the meeting to be held without my unit's participation) is actually the case, shall be under formal protest by my unit. 

Furthermore, I must state that if my unit is not permitted to use the personnel and equipment which in my best judgement (not that of another mercenary company commander of questionable judgement and motives) is the correct unit mix for a situation, I will be forced to declare you in breach of contract and contact the mercenary bonding and review board for remedial action.

Please understand that I and my unit have no desire to take such a step and hope that these issues can be resolved quickly and amicably so that we may continue to assist you in your efforts to protect the people of this planet.

Major Cranson
Commander Eagle's Tears

« Last Edit: 26 March 2017, 09:59:11 by Crash99c »

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1007 on: 26 March 2017, 23:36:39 »
All right, this is the list of units to be deployed for the next mission (happening 4/30):

Kiah's Hammers:
2 Bandits w/ Grey Death BA
1 Maxim w/ Infantry (don't know what they're armed with)

The Ironborn:
Wolverine "Black Lorren" (My XO)
2 Regulators

Hands of the Goddess:
Archer
Hussar
Maxim w/ Rifle Infantry

Eagle's Tears:
Avatar w/ BA (I forget which type)
2 Galleons

Com Guards:
Stealth
Ajax
Badger w/ Infantry and  Standard IS BA (?)

Motor Pool and Technical staff prepare these units for battle.

"What is dead may never die!"

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1008 on: 27 March 2017, 16:12:57 »
I had a thought about baiting Caesar.  If we took some coolant trucks painted to look like fire trucks and sent them into battle with us, they could be used as a target for Caesar's units to chase around.  They have 7 tons of cargo space that we might be able to replace with armor.  On Mythbusters, I've seen them build rigs that allowed them to control a car via remote control.  The technology is not that sophisticated.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1009 on: 27 March 2017, 18:04:00 »
I've just learned of a scheduling conflict.  The next game is the same day that the Sakura Matsuri event at Brooklyn Botanical Gardens(that I go to every year) is happening.  This puts me in a bit of a dilemma as to what to do.  I'll keep you posted.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1010 on: 27 March 2017, 18:11:27 »
That actually sounds quite interesting.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1011 on: 28 March 2017, 17:42:48 »
I've just learned of a scheduling conflict.  The next game is the same day that the Sakura Matsuri event at Brooklyn Botanical Gardens(that I go to every year) is happening.  This puts me in a bit of a dilemma as to what to do.  I'll keep you posted.

Me I would go to Brooklyn. This is just a game

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1012 on: 30 March 2017, 16:22:06 »
It might also depend on the weather since Sakura Matsuri is an outdoor event.  I'll let you know.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1013 on: 30 March 2017, 17:35:46 »
Ya that hole April showers thing :D

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1014 on: 17 April 2017, 19:35:18 »
How's everyone doing?  It seems like we haven't talked in a geologic age.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1015 on: 19 April 2017, 14:39:56 »
So far so good. Looking forward to the game in a couple weeks.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1016 on: 29 April 2017, 21:08:47 »
Hi,

The Davions will be there with Avatar, Manteuffel, Goblin, 2 Squads battle armor, and a platoon of infantry...

See you tomorrow-
John

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1017 on: 30 April 2017, 02:06:33 »
I will not be attending tomorrow's game.  I will be at Sakura Matsuri in Brooklyn.  See you guys next time.

David

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1018 on: 30 April 2017, 06:58:04 »
Have fun O0
I was tempted to suggest that we go there as a group to get a feel for the culture of the planet we are fighting for.  Maybe next year.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1019 on: 01 May 2017, 17:00:28 »
IronbornGreyjoy,
  How did things go at Sakura Matsuri? 
  We were defending an urban area with a significantly larger enemy force coming in when we discovered that there was a third faction hiding in buildings in the middle of the board.  They had lots of autocannons, and Obnoxious Twerp (playing the OpFor) made them angry.  We tried not to distract them as they shot up Obnoxious Twerp's force, and did what we could to shoot his force up.  Around the time that we had to stop the game, he had largely destroyed the Third Party and was marching on us.