Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 243715 times)

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
You have my permission to right click save mine and use it. :D

That too leaves a background. Correction it only leaves a background if I save it from your profile page. If I save it from a thread you've posted it works.

It's on page one of this thread  O0    It has the nice transparent background that blends with the site. 

I used to use it.  I'll use it again if we think we can drown out a whole thread's page in a sea of Sea Fox clone avatars using the chatterweb like they own it or something...   :))

unfortunately...

Should anyone want to make use of it, here's an image of the Sea Fox insignia.

I don't think it's meant to be. Assuming the one I used from this thread is usuable I'll just post it up so the next guy doesn't have as much trouble  O0

« Last Edit: 05 May 2013, 11:28:09 by Klat »
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Wolflord

• Major
  • Look Ma! I have enough posts for a time jump!
Maybe those are the ones that found the WoB on the Davion hidden world?  ::)

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
Maybe those are the ones that found the WoB on the Davion hidden world?  ::)

I always wondered if there was a connection!  :P
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

HikageMaru

• Captain
  • The Capellans are not evil.
Updated:

Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z335/HikageMaru/SeaFox-Forever_zps815c1314.png[/IMG]

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?

unfortunately...

I don't think it's meant to be. Assuming the one I used from this thread is usuable I'll just post it up so the next guy doesn't have as much trouble  O0

Awwwwww, man.  That old one was great.  I just looked in my own files, and no dice.  I have no saved copy of that one to re-up.  It was a nice 1000px + sized image too, excellent resolution.  Maybe someone out there has it and will be kind enough to the Sea Foxes.

All that aside, thought I would try on one of these new Sea Fox banners.

Very nice  ^-^
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I would need an image file.

I cropped one from the pdf. Which is hopefully ok? Don't have any webspace I can use right now. If you want to PM me I can e-mail it or something. :D
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
I like to change things up, so there are other banners I'll have to try later.  You do great ecumenical works for the community, Hikage Maru.  Salute!
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

HikageMaru

• Captain

Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z335/HikageMaru/SeaFox-SharkFox2_zps2d9d999c.png[/IMG]

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Gah the negative space on that logo looks like a dolphin flipping out of the water!

wellspring

• Lieutenant
Gah the negative space on that logo looks like a dolphin flipping out of the water!

That's a reference to our secret masters, Clan Iron Dolphin. Shhhhhh.....

HikageMaru, if I could impose upon perfection, any chance you could give us a "Bargained Well and Done" that has the art style and visual contrast of the "What do you require?" banner? My associates would be very appreciative. ;)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
If anybody wants a tiburon khanate emblem I can e-mail it. Built and colored one. :)

ShockaTime

• Captain
If anybody wants a tiburon khanate emblem I can e-mail it. Built and colored one. :)

PM sent. That looks awesome!

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

HikageMaru

• Captain
That's a reference to our secret masters, Clan Iron Dolphin. Shhhhhh.....

HikageMaru, if I could impose upon perfection, any chance you could give us a "Bargained Well and Done" that has the art style and visual contrast of the "What do you require?" banner? My associates would be very appreciative. ;)

Sure but I'll put it in my Faction Banners thread---don't want to be accused of threadjacking.

wellspring

• Lieutenant
Sure but I'll put it in my Faction Banners thread---don't want to be accused of threadjacking.

On behalf of my fellow Sharks and Foxes, we welcome you to the thread and greatly appreciate everything you've done. If you get accusations of thread jacking here, rest assured that it's from those backstabbing Cloud Cobras, not us.  ;)  >:D

HikageMaru

• Captain
On behalf of my fellow Sharks and Foxes, we welcome you to the thread and greatly appreciate everything you've done. If you get accusations of thread jacking here, rest assured that it's from those backstabbing Cloud Cobras, not us.  ;)  >:D

Thank you for the warm welcome---I'll never complain that too many Sea Foxes are asking for banners.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ

Awwwwww, man.  That old one was great.  I just looked in my own files, and no dice.  I have no saved copy of that one to re-up.  It was a nice 1000px + sized image too, excellent resolution.  Maybe someone out there has it and will be kind enough to the Sea Foxes.

All that aside, thought I would try on one of these new Sea Fox banners.

Very nice  ^-^

If anyone has the above mentioned file I'd like to get a hold of it. Please PM me and I'll get you my email address.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Just finished Hunters of the Deep. I've never actually finished one of Randall's books. I tried before with the one where Jake Kabrinski gets in an arm wrestling match (unaugmented) with an Atlas and wins in the prologue? (I hear he goes on to go into a similar arm wrestling match with a bear and a horse. Unaugmented. Though I've heard its super easy to go over the top with something with hooves?)

Anyways. Petr isn't what I expected. But maybe I shouldn't be so surprised? He is a clan mechwarrior. So the fact that he rages out at the slightest jest should not surprise me. But on the other hand, I feel like in a Clan of Warrior Merchants that being able to disseminate information easily should be something you learn early on? Also he gets half of his face burned off and does not think, "This may hurt me in negotiations."

I am wondering how a Ritual of Combat ends if it does not end in a limb being blown off? Though, I guess if you tear through either side torso you have still got a limb. So the worst case scenario would be a headshot or coring the battlemech. (If a battlemech gets cored you have to roll a 10+ on 2d6 for the component to be salvagable? I feel like thats long odds for the person in the cockpit.)

I'm wondering how long it will take for the clan to explode into its component parts. But we are still not even sure what we're doing with the money that we are amassing. So maybe thats ok.

I like how we can cheat with our totems. We are still as punny as the other clans. (Less so as a Sea Fox, but we are terrible when we are diamond sharks! How many shark metaphors can we make? luckily we are back to clan yappy dog cat thing.)  So we can call on a Sea Fox to adapt to a situation and be thinky and clever. But can invoke Diamond Sharks when someone blows up our civilians and we decide to eat their armies (looking at you Draconis Combine) or attacks one of our fleets (and you wolves) and just flip out and kill everything in a fit of terrifying violence.

I also like the end where he invokes clan sea fox's honor and pride. I feel like we are a clan that enjoys inflicting pyrrhic victories on our enemies. If we cannot win I do not feel like they should win either.

Anybody else read this book and have thoughts about it?

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
I tried before with the one where Jake Kabrinski gets in an arm wrestling match (unaugmented) with an Atlas and wins in the prologue?

That's a Bryan Nystul novel, not Randall.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
That's a Bryan Nystul novel, not Randall.

Thank kerensky.

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
I've never actually finished one of Randall's books.

That's OK, Randall himself have trouble finishing them. Just look at IO.  :D

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

SteveRestless

• Major
I guess it was only two entries but it was still alot better than our current pheonix hawk obsession. Hopefully the field manual will give us some more warhawks and dire wolves. Still happier with our general direction.

I do not believe that either one is currently in production in the inner sphere, and any such machines are more likely to be legacy machines. Much to my chagrin, none of the wolf factions are building dire wolves in 3085, and its doubtful that the Hauptmann, which makes a nice poor-man's Dire Wolf is rolling off the lines either.

I can't say I'd mind seeing it back in production, though.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I can't say I'd mind seeing it back in production, though.

Is it being built in the inner sphere? I'll have to go through the objectives book again.

Not sure if anyone is making shadow cats either. I think the Draconis Combine is? Its not made in the homeworlds anymore.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Is it being built in the inner sphere? I'll have to go through the objectives book again.

Not sure if anyone is making shadow cats either. I think the Draconis Combine is? Its not made in the homeworlds anymore.

ER3145 mentioned how the Cats' production sites were forcibly disassembled prior to the rebellion.  It doesn't mention however what lines may have been reassembled (if any), possibly on other Combine worlds.   But the Shadow Cat is on the Combine RAT.  Then again, the Sphinx isn't but it IS on the Confederation's (how on earth does THAT makes sense).   Make as much or as little of it as you like.

SteveRestless

• Major

as of Objectives Clans, no the dire wolf does not appear to be in production by anyone. its also not on the Wolf RAT in 3145. (doesn't mean we don't have any, but its a good sign we don't have tons.)

Doctrine-wise it doesn't fit the wolves very well anyway. Too slow.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Well. They still make them somewhere in the homeworlds because it isn't on the extinct list in supplement WoR. Clan Jade falcon was also building the adorable Uller's and Shadow Cat II's. Which aren't as pretty as the original, but are still pretty. I like my good looking mechs. I'm actually really impressed with the Warhammer IIC's new art. So I'm pretty happy with what the Sea Foxes are fielding. Tiburon's gorgeous too. Mad Cats have always looked good. Though Vultures are kind of weird looking the more you see their little cockpit. Nova's may be dead too.

Aleksandr

• Master Sergeant
The Shadow Cat *was* being built by the Nova Cats in 3080, but we have no idea how long that factory and production line kept going. We'll probably have to wait for the Clan TRO, or the Wars of the Republic Era, to see if anything happened to it.

“These will be dark days, when Wolves prowl across Terra.” - Jonathon Cameron

Signature bar by HikageMaru

Dreyf

• Sergeant
Perhaps after the Combine went to the trouble dismantling the Nova Cat's military industry, the Sea Foxes showed up and issued a Trial of Possession for the equipment and schematics.  It makes sense for a couple of reasons:

The Foxes would gain equipment and access to some nice designs which do appear to be popular throughout the Inner Sphere according to ER:3145.  Another advantage would be to keep the Combine from making the former Nova Cat equipment and not lose market share for Clan equipment.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
The Shadow Cat *was* being built by the Nova Cats in 3080, but we have no idea how long that factory and production line kept going. We'll probably have to wait for the Clan TRO, or the Wars of the Republic Era, to see if anything happened to it.
Considering the DA era Shadow Cat's appearance, and how it matched the aethetic of other DA era Nova Cat gear (And shared parts with the Wendigo and Avalanche), I'm pretty confidant they were building them up to their genocide.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Collecting miniatures to paint currently, which will be the first time I paint canon colors on mechs.

Going to make two forces I think. One will be Clan Sea Fox colors as soon as the new Era Report comes out and I can figure out what color to paint them.

The other will be Wars of Reaving. I really like the Second Line mechs Clan Diamond Shark fields. I think they all have beautiful lines. Looking forward to painting them.

But I also like how the Steel Viper Gamma Galaxy eats it on Babylon during the reaving. I prefer to stay mostly canon.

I assume that the majority of fighting on Babylon was done by Alpha Galaxy? It would make the most sense. I like dark blue, but I like some shades of Aqua Marine. So Alpha Galaxy or Sigma Galaxy are good for me to paint. (Don't want to go green) But I like Sigma's secondline machines and emblem more. But Deathstrike galaxy is probably the one that murdered Gamma so I may go dark blue and grey.

What are your thoughts? Fellow Sea Fox People.

Dreyf

• Sergeant
I think using Alpha Galaxy for the fighting on Babylon is probably a safe assumption.