Author Topic: The jaguars heart and swords and you!  (Read 10189 times)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Re: The jaguars heart and swords and you!
« Reply #30 on: 19 January 2023, 12:57:45 »
So what kind of gear/units would a spec ops cluster use?

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: 20 January 2023, 10:28:23 »
Fidelis ran everything customized to the warrior.

So unique loadouts of top tier mechs. Probably a couple assaults for when a brick to the window is needed, but I’d picture a lot of mobile mediums and heavies with very unique configs.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 20 January 2023, 12:55:13 »
Fidelis ran everything customized to the warrior.

So unique loadouts of top tier mechs. Probably a couple assaults for when a brick to the window is needed, but I’d picture a lot of mobile mediums and heavies with very unique configs.

Oh I should clarified the jag swords unit was made in 3059 ish so before the fidelis

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Re: The jaguars heart and you!
« Reply #33 on: 28 January 2023, 12:42:18 »
Heart of gold eh? Not bad!

The jags den ( ilkhan osis personal guard) had gold trim so the navy blue might be a nice contrast

I am now thinking a purple highlight will do for the hearts

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 27 March 2023, 10:18:30 »
So what kind of gear/units would a spec ops cluster use?

Would a jag spec ops unit be using old beat up gear?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 05 April 2023, 21:19:45 »
Would a jag spec ops unit be using old beat up gear?

I just am tickled by the idea of stealthy spy jag warriors

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: 25 April 2023, 19:24:17 »
I have recently discovered the Iron Cheetah The ultra high end Omni the jaguars made shortly before their fall. As the jaguars heart members were noted in some cases as being designers and or test pilots I gotta think some of them may have been involved in the development of the Iron Cheetah but likely would not have been able to use it in combat. What do you all think?

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 26 April 2023, 05:39:48 »
I have recently discovered the Iron Cheetah The ultra high end Omni the jaguars made shortly before their fall. As the jaguars heart members were noted in some cases as being designers and or test pilots I gotta think some of them may have been involved in the development of the Iron Cheetah but likely would not have been able to use it in combat. What do you all think?

Certainly plausible.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: 26 April 2023, 07:03:48 »
Certainly plausible.

Right?! Man I hope we get some more stories from the fall of huntress

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 17 May 2023, 19:08:08 »
I am surprised by how dark my base coats for my various test units have been my latest has been nuln oil over white primer which I am liking better. What do you all use for your jag base coats?

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #40 on: 17 May 2023, 19:50:26 »
I try and go for a medium grey that I can darken down with washes and build up with drybrushing/highlighting as needed, really useful for Galaxies like Beta and Delta that have varied shades of grey (and you can only use so many before a mini becomes a grey blob). I prefer a darker grey on my Alphas to let the lighter grey jaguar spots 'pop' more in contrast.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 19 July 2023, 13:53:02 »
Removing paint would be a bad idea. Paint is a form of surface protection against rust. When I helped store some old army machines, we removed any sensitive items (classified materials/special equipment, etc.,) that were still attached and drained it of fluids. I suspect the same kind of thing would be done to a 'mech.

Would a unit being stored get a quick primer/rust prevention coat?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: 30 July 2023, 17:49:01 »
With the members of this United being noted as not old enough for solahma I wonder if a number of them could have been vets of wolcott or luthien. They would have been skilled vets who had the misfortune of not dying!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: 11 August 2023, 18:57:06 »
I am surprised by how dark my base coats for my various test units have been my latest has been nuln oil over white primer which I am liking better. What do you all use for your jag base coats?

Update: if you shake your paints they work better lol

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: 05 October 2023, 16:21:14 »
The jags heart ( 23 of them) responded to khan osis call on strana mechty but how would they have been recruited and organized in so short of a time? Would known warriors have been tapped to quickly recruit others?

Blkbr2020

• Corporal
« Reply #45 on: 06 October 2023, 11:28:20 »
The jags heart ( 23 of them) responded to khan osis call on strana mechty but how would they have been recruited and organized in so short of a time? Would known warriors have been tapped to quickly recruit others?

First guess is old warriors in paper pusher roles, or garrison units. Possibly former warriors that got moved to a different caste due to injury, age etc. Icons of War was a good read and covers a lot more of clan life on the planet in detail.
(I know its set after the Jags demise), but it gives a good look at clan society as a whole and where some of the Jaguars Heart warriors could have come from.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: 06 October 2023, 15:00:19 »
First guess is old warriors in paper pusher roles, or garrison units. Possibly former warriors that got moved to a different caste due to injury, age etc. Icons of War was a good read and covers a lot more of clan life on the planet in detail.
(I know its set after the Jags demise), but it gives a good look at clan society as a whole and where some of the Jaguars Heart warriors could have come from.

Right so that’s the starting point but my question is would osis or his assistant personally contact all 23? I think more it would have been a personal reach out to several who then recruited others

Register