Author Topic: Idea's needed for a Thug kitbash. Final !!!!  (Read 2542 times)

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Idea's needed for a Thug kitbash. Final !!!!
« on: 15 August 2017, 09:22:34 »
I recently picked up a ebay lot that include a Thug and Bandersnatch,  but both are missing thier arms. The Bandersnatch should be no problem,  but the Thug is the older sculpt.

I want to turn it into a Hawkwolf / Longbow proxy. What missile pods would work?

« Last Edit: 21 December 2017, 15:08:17 by Saint »
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Luciora

• Major
Re: Idea's needed for a Thug kitbash.
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2017, 09:27:41 »
 Viking arm pods, longbow arms, creative use of the Mad dog torso pods, catapult arms can be used off the top of my head.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2017, 11:28:16 »
Viking look interesting, a budy has the longbow and viking I might have a way to see before I buy.

The Lupus might work as well.
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2017, 18:00:52 »
Isn't the older sculpt Thug AR20-801? If so, and I know this will spoil your kitbashing idea, try contacting IWM and see if they can sell you a set of arms.

Caz

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2017, 18:40:39 »
Isn't the older sculpt Thug AR20-801? If so, and I know this will spoil your kitbashing idea, try contacting IWM and see if they can sell you a set of arms.

Caz

It is , but that sculpt was a 2 piece mini with the right arm below the elbow being one piece.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2017, 21:31:23 »
You could also look at the Celestials; I know the Grigori was often missile-heavy, along with some of the Seraph and Deva configs. That's assuming you don't mind boxy launchers of course.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #6 on: 20 August 2017, 10:09:44 »
Okay a buddy had some Blacklanner missile bits I used for this mock up. I like the over all look, but I'm not sure if I should keep the LRM 10 look or file them off and drill in the missile ports. What do you think?

PS I only used his part for the photo I will be ordering the parts from Ironwind soon.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 20 August 2017, 10:31:31 »
My feeling is you need larger missile pods for balance.

Okay a buddy had some Blacklanner missile bits I used for this mock up. I like the over all look, but I'm not sure if I should keep the LRM 10 look or file them off and drill in the missile ports. What do you think?

PS I only used his part for the photo I will be ordering the parts from Ironwind soon.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Idea's needed for a Thug kitbash. Update
« Reply #8 on: 21 August 2017, 20:00:51 »
Do you have any MWDA bits?  They have large racks of various sizes that will put quite a bit of missiles on for observation.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #9 on: 21 August 2017, 20:14:31 »
I have a little bit, but they are SRM Racks or small LRM racks from tanks. This does give me an idea to check out some of those out on ebay however. Thanks ;D

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #10 on: 21 August 2017, 20:59:49 »
If you glued together 5 SRM4 racks on each side . . . but yeah, that is where the SRM6 rack for my kitbash Warhammer 7M is going to come from . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Re: Idea's needed for a Thug kitbash. Final
« Reply #11 on: 21 December 2017, 15:07:57 »
Okay I finally got off my butt and gave her some paint. Not my best work but I'm okay with it. Painted up in the Hansa RDF-1 colors.

Luciora

• Major
Re: Idea's needed for a Thug kitbash. Final !!!!
« Reply #12 on: 21 December 2017, 17:51:23 »
Nice!

Archer77

• Master Sergeant
Re: Idea's needed for a Thug kitbash. Final !!!!
« Reply #13 on: 22 December 2017, 02:12:48 »
You call this a hasty paint job!?
You underestimate yourself.....