Author Topic: Master Unit List AS Force builder  (Read 3364 times)

Wraithcannon

• Master Sergeant
  • Oh boy, here I go killing again!
Master Unit List AS Force builder
« on: 23 February 2016, 15:21:12 »
I am having trouble with the master UNIT list site.

I add units to the force builder page, but it will neither save, nor print the PDF.
Whomever said violence isn't a solution obviously wasn't using enough.

Planning an operation against the Capellans? Hey, who wouldn't? - Sulla

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Master Unit List AS Force builder
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2016, 15:43:21 »
it can't create the PDF (after moving to new host).  There's no ETA on when it will be fixed.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Wraithcannon

• Master Sergeant
  • Oh boy, here I go killing again!
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2016, 10:11:52 »
Well, that's disappointing.

The players in my group recently asked me about the possibility of playing some Alpha Strike, apparently they looked over the rules and like them quite a bit, so I went and bought the book.

I think it's a very interesting change to the normal games of Battletech we've been playing, and was looking forward to getting my mechs converted over to the new system and getting some bigger battles done at our FLGS.

But since neither of those functions work, I feel like it would just be an uphill battle to get my over 200 mechs and other units printed out and ready to play.

I mean, I could do each card singly as suggested, and print them out in Word or something, but there are over 2 dozen versions of the Atlas alone.

I'll just tell my players to keep checking the site to see when it's fixed, then maybe we'll look at trying AS out.
« Last Edit: 24 February 2016, 10:28:32 by Wraithcannon »
Whomever said violence isn't a solution obviously wasn't using enough.

Planning an operation against the Capellans? Hey, who wouldn't? - Sulla

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2016, 11:19:14 »
Well, that's disappointing.

The players in my group recently asked me about the possibility of playing some Alpha Strike, apparently they looked over the rules and like them quite a bit, so I went and bought the book.

I think it's a very interesting change to the normal games of Battletech we've been playing, and was looking forward to getting my mechs converted over to the new system and getting some bigger battles done at our FLGS.

But since neither of those functions work, I feel like it would just be an uphill battle to get my over 200 mechs and other units printed out and ready to play.

I mean, I could do each card singly as suggested, and print them out in Word or something, but there are over 2 dozen versions of the Atlas alone.

I'll just tell my players to keep checking the site to see when it's fixed, then maybe we'll look at trying AS out.

I find it very easy and convenient to just Copy cards off the MUL and Paste them into powerpoint slides.  It's less convenient than just hitting one button over on the MUL to compile a .pdf, but only barely.   It's easy enough that I prefer to just print cards for assembled forces game by game rather than one card per model for reuse game to game.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2016, 13:38:54 »
In addition to the above suggestion, I save the cards on my computer and then use the photo printing feature built into windows to print the selected cards in a page. I use the 3.5 X 5 inch version. I'll be honest, I've only used the pdf feature once.

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2016, 19:33:52 »
I find it very easy and convenient to just Copy cards off the MUL and Paste them into powerpoint slides.

I find it neither easy nor convenient, and would really want to have the PDF option again. The amount of work needed to print up forces is one of several reasons I haven't run AS in ages.

The solution is just ignore Paul.

jskinny

• Private
« Reply #6 on: 20 March 2016, 16:36:38 »
I'm having the same issue :'(  I don't mind the copying and pasting idea because that was my first thought, but then I realized that each unit comes with a generic skill rating. 

Anyone got a good BT font?
The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.
Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #7 on: 20 March 2016, 17:42:50 »
If you click on the card, it will open it as its own page complete with URL. You can then change the skill level in the address bar. Please realize that it will not PV cost but it will show the new skill level.

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2016, 16:51:07 »
WraithCannon: PM me.  I have a MUL scraping utility to download the cards.  You just set the parameters (rules level, manufacture date, type of unit) and the call it along with the string you want to search (eg: Atlas would return a number of sheets, AS7-D would return 1).

It saves them as PNG files complete with name and model in the file name.  I can send you a link to test it out. (I recently did a battalion/side AS game, so had to download 72 different cards)
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 03 April 2016, 16:45:59 »
You can also hit the "Customize" button which will let you change both the skill and the PV of the unit in question, then save the resultant picture.  You have to calculate the PV change yourself, but it's a definite way to do it.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Register