Author Topic: MegaMek IRC Channel  (Read 6902 times)

OmniscientQ

• Corporal
    • MegaMek / BattleTech IRC Channel
MegaMek IRC Channel
« on: 25 January 2011, 20:18:25 »
Welcome back to the CBT forums!

In the interest of arranging more pick-up games, I've established an IRC channel for MegaMek discussions. You can find us on irc.sorcery.net in the #MegaMek channel. Those of us who joined the channel before the forum crash have already run several pick-up games and experimental 'mech designs. It's a lot better than trusting the MM bots to put your 'mech through its paces!

*EDIT*

Those of you without an IRC client installed can still join in with the following link:

http://mibbit.com/#megamek@Sorcery
« Last Edit: 25 January 2011, 20:49:51 by OmniscientQ »
Q v2.0, Cluster Violet-6
End Transmission

SteveRestless

• Major
Re: MegaMek IRC Channel
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2011, 20:23:23 »
It was also a lovely place to weather the blackout!
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2011, 20:59:03 »
Those of you WITH a preferred IRC Client, can find the room here:

server: irc.sorcery.net
port: 6667
channel #MegaMek
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Noshoba

• Lieutenant
  • Vulgar Gryphons Commander
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2011, 09:12:00 »
-chuckles- Well I am glad you chose sorcery.net since I am already on there and where I got my nickname from. ..
Hauptmann-Kommandant Rienhart von Kolnitz  senior commander of Erprobungskommando 19 "SturmWache"

Captain "Colonel" Chian Richatlan  commander of the mercenary  "Vulgar Gryphons " Special Opewrations Group

OmniscientQ

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2011, 12:15:08 »
Well, the channel is growing. We have six regulars in the channel in the evenings. When I wake up and check my logs, though, I've noticed people coming into the channel and then immediately leaving two minutes later without saying anything.

If you're interested in playing some pick-up games, the IRC channel is a great place to find 'em. Just don't base your opinion of it on an empty channel at 3am. If you come in and there are people online, say 'Hi' and stick around for a few minutes.
Q v2.0, Cluster Violet-6
End Transmission

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 05 February 2011, 14:19:43 »
Some of us are in a lot of places at once, and dont notice activity immediately. I'm in a good twenty channels across two networks, so give it a few to see if we respond :D

ahnospell44

« Reply #6 on: 05 February 2011, 20:34:36 »
And I try to stay on in there, but it's kinda hard with running a raw cell connection.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 06 February 2011, 16:56:38 »
I didn't know you were on via cellular connection.  :)

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
  • Look out, there is a monkey on your back!
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2011, 00:48:22 »
When I try the link at the top, it doesn't actually send me to the chat room. I have to enter the server and channel manually. I can figure it out, but it might throw some less-techie folks off.
MegaMek Dev and Bug Creator

The Flaming Devil Monkeys - The adventures of a band of misfit gladiators turned mercenary mechwarriors during the Word of Blake Jihad.
The Free Company of Oriente - No longer bound by the politics of the great houses, the Free Company of Oriente seeks its fate and fortune among the stars.
Ronin Cat Avengers - Fleeing the destruction of their Clan across an Inner Sphere at war, the Ronin Cat Avengers seek a new home ... and vengeance.

Make your own campaign website with the MekHQ Blog

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
  • Look out, there is a monkey on your back!
« Reply #9 on: 08 February 2011, 00:52:45 »
Ok on further testing, this link seems to work:

http://03.chat.mibbit.com/#MegaMek@Sorcery
MegaMek Dev and Bug Creator

The Flaming Devil Monkeys - The adventures of a band of misfit gladiators turned mercenary mechwarriors during the Word of Blake Jihad.
The Free Company of Oriente - No longer bound by the politics of the great houses, the Free Company of Oriente seeks its fate and fortune among the stars.
Ronin Cat Avengers - Fleeing the destruction of their Clan across an Inner Sphere at war, the Ronin Cat Avengers seek a new home ... and vengeance.

Make your own campaign website with the MekHQ Blog

ahnospell44

« Reply #10 on: 08 February 2011, 14:51:24 »
yea Steve, t-mo hates my soul for using up 7GB's a month of their data, but always on, seems to be the best thing ever.

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
« Reply #11 on: 08 February 2011, 15:19:04 »
Is there a particular IRC client you folks would recommend?

ahnospell44

« Reply #12 on: 08 February 2011, 16:06:31 »
I use AndChat for my Phone/Tablet and mIRC for the computer.

OmniscientQ

• Corporal
« Reply #13 on: 09 February 2011, 12:05:26 »
I use Pidgin when I'm running Windows. It's an all-in-one that does just about every messaging service you can imagine. But if you're looking for a straight IRC-only client, mIRC is one of the more popular ones.
Q v2.0, Cluster Violet-6
End Transmission

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 09 February 2011, 13:11:49 »
Personally, I'm quite fond of mIRC, because on another network I do a LOT of IRC based Roleplay, and mIRC's scripting and formatting makes it very easy to manage multiple characters at once. Especially nice when you're the one game mastering and need to run a number of different NPCs.

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
« Reply #15 on: 09 February 2011, 13:23:20 »
DL'd mIRC, registered it, and am in the channel now.