Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Fan Fiction / Re: It's a family curse.
« Last post by mikecj on Today at 20:16:40 »
Nice change up this time!
Fan Fiction / Re: Guided by the light of a (Red) Cameron Star
« Last post by mikecj on Today at 20:15:07 »
And what naval support that Corps has available
I still think an Clan-techie, flipped, turned spy and agent for a House, is the best route to go.  In Mechwarrior, RPG, it would give a good use to the fast-talk/persuasion-skill.

In ASoIaF, RPG, they treat social as just another form of combat, like physical, with NPCs/PCs being defeated, mentally.  Perhaps there are some good rules in Mechwarrior for that.

Having seen the end results of a social combat system*, I would not recommend setting it up that way. Have the persuader get to know the target and offer what they want instead.

*Exalted second edition, for the curious.
I usually color my weapon ports in metals to help them stand out.  That could work here.
Ground Combat / Re: Cover-All-Your-Bases Layout
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 19:47:35 »
In 3025 the Large Laser and Blazer Cannon do qualify as "long range", I think... :)
A couple of Hephaestus finished? I think these are probably good for the tabletop, but I wish they had more of a visual focal point? Should I hit the guns with some metallics?

Ground Combat / Re: Cover-All-Your-Bases Layout
« Last post by Charistoph on Today at 19:38:37 »
The Plasma Rifle: the game's first anti-everything gun.

Pretty much.  If you can get one, it's very nice to have.

Without Clan tech the I/S Gauss is pretty much the only long range headcapper available.

Heavy PPC says "hi".  PPC/ER PPC/Snub-nose PPC with Capacitor says, "hi".

I'd add in the Binary Laser Cannon, but I don't think it qualifies as "long range" any more than the normal Large Laser.
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: New player - hi!
« Last post by Carbon Elasmobranch on Today at 19:35:19 »
Enjoy;  I'd start small, and go from there.

And when you roll a, '12", on a critical-hit roll that targets the head, you have to shout, "There can be only one"!

Only if you took out a Highlander, or are piloting one.
Novel and Sourcebook Reviews / Re: "Legacy"
« Last post by Spirit Cat Refugee on Today at 19:18:04 »
I really liked this, especially the chance to see Devlin Stone in action on Terra.
Fan Designs and Rules / Re: Extended Range Gauss Rifle
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 19:12:19 »
Yeah, I was thinking the LGR was the "ER" Gauss Rifle... :/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Register