Author Topic: Geo Hex supplemental terrain  (Read 6208 times)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Geo Hex supplemental terrain
« on: 22 August 2019, 13:17:34 »
Looking at Geo Hex over on Ebay out of curiosity. I was wondering, are there good supplemental terrain pieces that would match Geo Hex and add a great deal more verticality to games? Something like 5-8 hex high columns, ridges, and canyons and not look out of place relative to the GH aesthetic?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
Re: Geo Hex supplemental terrain
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2019, 15:03:00 »
Are those old Geo-Hex sets on Ebay?

I had a massive series of sets but the were destroyed in a water leak in my storage unit. Been looking to replace them, without getting reamed in the process, but it seems they went out-of-business.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2019, 15:57:17 »
Check if there is a Maker Space or similar locale where you live.

I got a 1 months membership at mine (ends next week) and been making a lot of the following on their CNC Mill Table (4 feet x 4 feet work space).

Of course, you'd need to create the files yourself, but FUSION 360 is free Software, relatively easy to use.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2019, 16:55:02 »
Are those old Geo-Hex sets on Ebay?

I had a massive series of sets but the were destroyed in a water leak in my storage unit. Been looking to replace them, without getting reamed in the process, but it seems they went out-of-business.

There's still some sets up. I was thinking of just adopting the aesthetic and making more vertical terrain.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Nips

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2019, 18:28:04 »
The guy that makes/runs Geo-Hex is still making the terrain in small batches, which is what you're likely seeing on Ebay.  The owner is also active on Facebook; try shooting a message over and see if you can get something made to what you want, maybe?
Proud Paper-Pusher of the Oosik Irregulars

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2019, 18:35:46 »
Hirst Arts makes hex moulds in a few different sizes.

R4360

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 27 August 2019, 19:59:10 »
The guy that makes/runs Geo-Hex is still making the terrain in small batches, which is what you're likely seeing on Ebay.  The owner is also active on Facebook; try shooting a message over and see if you can get something made to what you want, maybe?

++

He's generally very responsive, ping him and see. I know he's done custom bits in the past for people.

Register