Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fan Designs and Rules / Re: Cheap knock-off of HarJel
« Last post by AlphaMirage on Today at 13:58:38 »
Depends what you want it to do? In Aerospace HarJel takes a hit instead of the crew so not much there  Otherwise it's mostly a sealant for hazardous environments, maybe give you a -2 on the breach roll (so only 12s open) instead of complete protection. Maybe it's more explosive than regular ones or less efficient in the repair capacity.
3025 Battle of Galtor III. One of the largest engagements of the Third Succession War.

There are several currently available books for it in the Catalyst store.
Historical Turning Points: Galtor as well as a Battleforce Campaign book.

I have the original somewhere.
This will grasp both the nostalgia of the older players as well as draw in the new players
to a historically significant battle.
I have the original also. I will have to take a look at it. I never really used back when I bought it.
If there was a mech I was going to compare the Sloki to, it's the Nova Cat.

It does come out looking pretty reasonable in that comparison, despite the cockpit issue. I'd like to throw in the Night Gyr, which I suspect it's a replacement for (I don't believe the Gyr is being produced anymore, at least in the Inner Sphere), but that ten tons does give the Gyr some serious advantages, the fixed jump jets aside.
Or go for the Marik Civil War, you know, Anton's thingy. It was a bit one-sided, but you got the Dragoons in there, the struggle of brother against brother...
This could be interesting a little off the beaten path. Interesting though.
MAAS? You mean MAAS?
-_-

I meant MASS, yes.

Thaddeus Marik II(?) catches wind of a Lostech prospector named Johan O’Reiley in the Periphery who stumbled upon an ungodly amount of Germanium.

The FWL decides to either annex the fledgling Bandit Kingdom as a tributary state or take over the area whole sale.
BattleMechs / Re: Crane Utility LAM
« Last post by Wrangler on Today at 13:33:53 »
Clan Chatterweb / Re: The Clan Sherlock Holmes be like..?
« Last post by Mendrugo on Today at 13:31:22 »
Warriors of Kerensky indicates that most Clan media takes classic historical tales/stories/properties and adapts them to fit Clan culture. 

So adapting Sherlock Holmes would fit their standard MO. 

The only issue is that Clan society really lacks the entire concept of a detective.  Clan paramilitary police are not generally involved in detective work, being rather more focused on swift and brutal penalization of any violations of Clan law by civilian castes.  So such a show would have to either explain the whole concept of detective work or heavily recontextualize it through Clan traditions.
This is not a suggestion that CGL starts to offer that but very much hypothetical what-if question. (While this was prompted by 3D colour 3D printing, I'm asking in a more general sense, so whether it would be pre-painted by 3D printing, painted by a dude or a machine in factory or whatever like the do with kids toys or however they do/did the plastic Pathfinder Miniatures.)

For my sins, my day job is doing 3D printed models. The company I sell my files/models through is sponsoring a show and want to promote pre-painted models. Something I'm not really able to do (even if I was willing), but it made me wonder. While for stuff like RPG figures (most of said companies little companies), I can sort of see benefit for getting pre-painted if you only want one or two and don't really want to paint, on the wargames side, it had been significantly my impression that that the bare majority of wargamers consider painting/collecting to be the main thrust of the hobby, rather than actually playing. (If I believe one impromptu survey, it might be around 50%, possibly even higher.)

So, out of pure curiousity, if in some hypothetical future, CGL was able to offer pre-coloured models (in whatever form that might take, be it painted plastics or 3D colour-prints or whatever), would that hold any appeal?

For myself, even though I regard painting as much a chore as a joy, I wouldn't be bothered. For my wargames stuff, certainly, it wouldn't really appeal to me (especially as it would likely come at greater expense[1].)

Though even I might conside for 28mm RPG figures, since I just can't be arsed to paint them anymore, too much like hardwork. Hell, I when I had my backpack stolen, I had the inusrance cover having someone re-paint replacements and I DID buy some of the aformentioned PF painted minis (at a time when shipping from the US was not bonkers). But I have enough models for roleplaying that I really don't NEED any more.

[1]I mean, just having someone painting it (digitally or otherwise is hard work. Like, I breifly considered the amount of my own produced models and the thought of spending a day or more kludging digital painting for each one and shuddered...)
3025 Battle of Galtor III. One of the largest engagements of the Third Succession War.

There are several currently available books for it in the Catalyst store.
Historical Turning Points: Galtor as well as a Battleforce Campaign book.

I have the original somewhere.
This will grasp both the nostalgia of the older players as well as draw in the new players
to a historically significant battle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10