Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases Volume XII: Baker's Dozen  (Read 217768 times)

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: New and Upcoming Releases Volume XII: Baker's Dozen
« Reply #600 on: 23 March 2018, 22:18:36 »
Likewise, will we ever get the 3150 NTNU record sheets? I know I'm still holding out hope for them.
You know, given that we're finally getting the end of the Dark Age, or, well, start of it, i think 3150 NTNU would be kinda fitting and important companion to that. Even though it is just a bunch of variants to existing 'Mechs.

ChrystalNiNja88

• Corporal
  • THE WORD, THE WORD, THE WORD....
« Reply #601 on: 23 March 2018, 22:51:47 »
Likewise, will we ever get the 3150 NTNU record sheets? I know I'm still holding out hope for them.
Seconded. I need options for my Uraeus and Khepers.
Socket to me! -Robot Nixon

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #602 on: 23 March 2018, 23:21:51 »

I'm still waiting on Record Sheets: Prototypes Unabridged... :D

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #603 on: 24 March 2018, 00:12:39 »
I'm still waiting on Record Sheets: Prototypes Unabridged... :D

Come to think of it, Vehicle annex industrialmechs was the last stand-alone record sheet product we got and that was 2014. 3145u and NTNU are already almost five years old... and Prototypes was on the coming soon list then.

My only logical conclusion is that they sell mad poorly.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #604 on: 24 March 2018, 09:23:57 »
Come to think of it, Vehicle annex industrialmechs was the last stand-alone record sheet product we got and that was 2014. 3145u and NTNU are already almost five years old... and Prototypes was on the coming soon list then.

My only logical conclusion is that they sell mad poorly.

My understanding is just that they're very labor intensive to produce.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #605 on: 24 March 2018, 09:30:16 »
I think it's also been mentioned that there's a lack of software that can account for all of the current rules and technologies in play, contributing to how time-consuming generating the records is.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #606 on: 24 March 2018, 10:42:25 »
This has been the case since 3039u. All of the 3145 and xtro series were done in the same way. They haven’t even bothered to post a majority of the RS products after the migration to the new site. The ones that have appeared are for the most part directly related to TRO Succession Wars so it’s far from accidental. Though SSW and MML aren’t openly advertised, they aren’t discouraged either and I can understand why most people would opt for free in one place vs a couple hundred bucks across several files.

Amusingly, someone could have done one sheet a week as a side project and we still would have had RS: Prototypes years ago.

Maybe they’ve been sitting on a format change that we’ll see in the new box sets. Or maybe it’s just not worth the effort.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #607 on: 24 March 2018, 13:45:46 »
My understanding is just that they're very labor intensive to produce.
Correct. As last I heard, there's no software that can print current recordsheets for all unit types. That means they have to be pdfs edited by hand, which is very labor intensive and not worth the effort.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Fragger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #608 on: 24 March 2018, 13:47:43 »
Most people here can probably make the sheets on their own. What we really need the sheets for are the stats!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #609 on: 24 March 2018, 14:08:55 »
Correct. As last I heard, there's no software that can print current recordsheets for all unit types. That means they have to be pdfs edited by hand, which is very labor intensive and not worth the effort.

Release a TRO-esque statblock on facebook or twitter ever week?

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #610 on: 24 March 2018, 14:35:41 »
Most people here can probably make the sheets on their own. What we really need the sheets for are the stats!
Yeah, well, just publishing the stats for all the variants that lack those would be nice, even if there are no record sheets for them.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #611 on: 24 March 2018, 16:27:59 »
Yeah, well, just publishing the stats for all the variants that lack those would be nice, even if there are no record sheets for them.

I wonder if loading them into the MUL like they do the Alpha Strike cards would work? Be a cool way to add in all those random units that don't exactly fit into any other product.

If they ever bring back BattleCorps, could be something else to add value to a subscription. Have a paid subscription, you also get access to all of the TW-style record sheets on the MUL...

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #612 on: 24 March 2018, 16:29:34 »
I wonder if loading them into the MUL like they do the Alpha Strike cards would work? Be a cool way to add in all those random units that don't exactly fit into any other product.

If they ever bring back BattleCorps, could be something else to add value to a subscription. Have a paid subscription, you also get access to all of the TW-style record sheets on the MUL...

In order to make an AS Card, unfortunately, one needs a record sheet/stats first to work from.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #613 on: 24 March 2018, 17:23:58 »
Which is a problem because new toys/TROs seem to be quite popular.  :-\

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #614 on: 24 March 2018, 17:45:57 »
In order to make an AS Card, unfortunately, one needs a record sheet/stats first to work from.

I believe he means having the TW Record sheet hosted on the MUL.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #615 on: 24 March 2018, 18:26:51 »
I believe he means having the TW Record sheet hosted on the MUL.

Ahhh....But then, there goes a revenue stream (albiet a very small revenue stream) for CGL
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #616 on: 24 March 2018, 18:52:31 »
What is exactly meant with 'edited by hand'? Do the TPTB have special adobe files or are they paint shopping like crazy?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #617 on: 24 March 2018, 19:11:27 »
Adobe illustrator.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #618 on: 24 March 2018, 19:30:12 »
Ahhh....But then, there goes a revenue stream (albiet a very small revenue stream) for CGL

Which is why I said it would have been a cool thing to add value to the BattleCorps subscription...

ChrystalNiNja88

• Corporal
  • THE WORD, THE WORD, THE WORD....
« Reply #619 on: 24 March 2018, 19:57:37 »
Isn't Megamek up to the task? Or does the open source nature of it provide legal difficulties?
Socket to me! -Robot Nixon

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #620 on: 24 March 2018, 20:06:42 »
Isn't Megamek up to the task? Or does the open source nature of it provide legal difficulties?
IIRC, someone once mentioned that 'Mech record sheets are actually done with it. But don't quote me on this.

In any case, Megamek Lab can't do all types of units. Only 'Mechs, Combat Vehicles, Aerospace Fighters and Battle Armor. Anything else is impossible.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #621 on: 24 March 2018, 20:20:56 »
IIRC, someone once mentioned that 'Mech record sheets are actually done with it. But don't quote me on this.

In any case, Megamek Lab can't do all types of units. Only 'Mechs, Combat Vehicles, Aerospace Fighters and Battle Armor. Anything else is impossible.

So about 80-90% (in some cases 100%) of a given RS book

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #622 on: 24 March 2018, 20:23:57 »
That is correct.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #623 on: 25 March 2018, 01:43:51 »
I know there's a major hold up on water borne units because there isn't a template yet, is that being looked at?

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #624 on: 25 March 2018, 03:52:13 »
Looks like I really really need to download MegaMek
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #625 on: 25 March 2018, 10:20:46 »
You can do DropShips now with MegaLab last time i checked. Which means records sheets. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #626 on: 25 March 2018, 10:32:03 »
You can do DropShips now with MegaLab last time i checked. Which means records sheets. 

#freethestatblocks2018

ThatPirateGuy

• Sergeant
« Reply #627 on: 26 March 2018, 09:41:44 »
We've just made a major update and refresh to the Coming Soon page! For your convenience, the full update is reposted below.

The following BattleTech books and game aids are on the upcoming schedule. If it is an e-book only release, it is noted in brackets. As covers become available, they're added to this page.

You'll notice that several previously announced products are not on this list. Any product not listed below is not currently in the production pipeline and its release is not on the immediate horizon. This is the current production list.

When details concerning street dates and reviews are available, those will be posted to the front page of bg.battletech.com. In no particular release order:

Boxed Sets
Release Date: 3rd Quarter 2018

These two new box sets are your first steps into the world's greatest armored combat game and include everything you need to get started. Existing players will enjoy all-new content including map sheets, fiction, and of course, `Mechs!

Beginner Box ($19.99)
A ready-to-play starter set, perfect for someone who's just finished their first BattleTech demo and is ready for more action.

Contents:
  • 2 high-quality, fully assembled (unpainted) miniatures:

• Griffin
    • Wolverine

• 24-page Quick Start Rulebook
  • 8 Quick Start Record Sheets
  • 48 page fiction novella by William H. Keith, Jr., a prequel to the Gray Death Legion saga featuring Carlyle's Commandos and Durant Carlyle; only available in the Beginner Box.
  • 4-page Instant Guide to the Inner Sphere
  • 4 Pilot Cards
  • 1 all-new 18" x 22" full-color paper map (hexed, double-sided)
  • Punchboard of additional BattleMechs
  • 2 dice

A Game of Armored Combat ($59.99)
The classic BattleTech boxed set, reimagined from the ground up and full of exciting new material and miniatures!

Contents:
  • 8 high-quality, fully assembled (unpainted) miniatures:

• Awesome
    • BattleMaster
    • Catapult
    • Commando
    • Locust
    • Shadow Hawk
    • Thunderbolt
    • Wolverine

• 48-page Rulebook
  • 16-page Record Sheet Booklet
  • 48 page fiction novella by William H. Keith, Jr., a prequel to the Gray Death Legion saga featuring Carlyle's Commandos and Durant Carlyle; only available in the A Game of Armored Combat box.
  • 16-page Universe Primer
  • 8 Pilot Cards
  • 8 Alpha Strike Cards
  • 2 heavy-stock reference sheets
  • Two all-new 18” x 22” full-color paper maps (hexed, double-sided)
  • Punchboard of additional BattleMechs and terrain
  • 2 dice

Shattered Fortress
Release Date: 2018

Kicking off the climactic ilClan storyline, Shattered Fortress sets the stage for the titanic clashes to come. As the nations and Clans of the Inner Sphere struggle for survival, the Republic of the Sphere and awakened Exarch Devlin Stone face enemies at their doorstep. Will the Dark Age give way to a new dawn — or an endless nightmare? The epic story begins here!

PDF-only Products
Release Date: 3rd Quarter 2018

A new wave of releases for the Touring the Stars, Spotlight On, and Turning Points series is on the horizon, with the previously announced Opposing Forces and Milestones lines still in development.

In addition, the Brush Wars series will find new life as the over-arching connection between all of the PDF-only lines. Each Brush Wars product will offer an expanded historical narrative on a little-seen conflict across all eras of BattleTech, from the Star League to ilClan and beyond. New entries of the established PDF lines will further flesh out each conflict, and each full "season" of products will eventually be available as a print-on-demand sourcebook. Stay tuned for more details about this exciting development!

Print on Demand
Release Date: Late 2018

A new series of exclusive Print-on-Demand (POD) sourcebooks will kick off with Capital Punishment, a collection of all Jihad Turning Points involving the Great Houses' capital worlds.

Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition
Release Date: Summer 2018

This new edition of the Alpha Strike rules fully revises and updates the original Alpha Strike rulebook, including improvements and optional rules from the Alpha Strike Companion.

Core Book Reprints
Release Date: 3rd Quarter 2018 for Total Warfare; additional reprinted volumes to follow.

Reprints of every BattleTech core rulebook are on the way, beginning with Total Warfare this summer and including TechManual, Tactical Operations, Strategic Operations, and A Time of War.

Map Packs
Release Date: 2018 for first Map Pack; additional Map Packs to follow

Six all-new maps, designed to be easier to use and clearer to understand than ever before.

Fiction

New BattleTech fiction is in the works throughout 2018 for both print and e-book formats, including:
  • Blaine Lee Pardoe returns to the BattleTech universe with Forever Faithful, an epic story spanning the Twilight of the Clans through the Dark Age and beyond!
  • Jason Schmetzer’s novel Embers of War will receive a wide release.
  • The long-awaited general release of BattleCorps Anthology Vol. 6: Front Lines
  • Jennifer Brozek, award-winning author of The Nellus Academy Incident, returns with Rogue Academy, a character-driven, action-filled young adult trilogy exploring the tumultuous aftermath of the Age of Destruction.
  • New print-on-demand entries in the BattleTech Legends series will be available, with an eye on making the entire archive library of BattleTech fiction once again available.

So the minis shown look “grainy” are they 3D printed or is that texture what we should expect in the final product?
Release the Reptar mini! Or I shall have to make it myself.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #628 on: 26 March 2018, 09:47:28 »
So the minis shown look “grainy” are they 3D printed or is that texture what we should expect in the final product?

Those are 3D printed prototypes, not masters or production samples. The final product will absolutely be much smoother and more finished.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #629 on: 27 March 2018, 15:23:55 »
Those are 3D printed prototypes, not masters or production samples. The final product will absolutely be much smoother and more finished.

Would it be accurate to say that the final product will be injection-molded plastic, mastered off the original digital files, rather than off of the physical prototypes?

Register