Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases Volume XII: Baker's Dozen  (Read 218087 times)

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
Re: New and Upcoming Releases Volume XII: Baker's Dozen
« Reply #1170 on: 28 June 2018, 11:57:47 »
Yes, Wars of Reaving is the PChem analogue
But exam should be easier:
"Tell me of all Clan units which were destroyed: unit name, date, location, who did it, please."
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #1171 on: 28 June 2018, 13:03:15 »
But exam should be easier:
"Tell me of all Clan units which were destroyed: unit name, date, location, who did it, please."
You monster.  ;)
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Hythos

• The Embiggened Man
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #1172 on: 29 June 2018, 10:50:32 »
The point on the plastics like the AS Lance Pack is that you can easily adjust their position- I have done and have very little skill.  So yeah, the point is the greatest basic appeal and b/c of the medium it allows people to experiment without it costing like it does with metal and is easier to work on.
The latest Lance packs were the first plastic mini's I've worked with, whereas prior-to, I favored lead because of how simple it was to shape... however, despite having ~2000 new(er) pewter mini's to work on, before 2014, the only one pewter mini I can think of having worked with was my first Grand Titan from '94-95?

With all of my new(er) stuff in pewter is awesomesauce.... it's soft enough to be easily shaped, and hard enough to resist unintentional scratches & dents.
Agent 722
Salt Lake City / Utah
Have 'Mech, will travel.

abou

• Captain
« Reply #1173 on: 29 June 2018, 12:48:49 »
So Catalyst had their announcement about the Classics. Slightly vague in that it doesn't explicitly state one way or the other that we are going to be seeing the Classics, but the inclusion of the Campaign Operations cover featuring the Marauder front and center seems to shout that the IP is going to proceed as though March 2017 didn't happen.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
Re: Re: New and Upcoming Releases Volume XII: Baker's Dozen
« Reply #1174 on: 29 June 2018, 12:54:20 »
So Catalyst had their announcement about the Classics. Slightly vague in that it doesn't explicitly state one way or the other that we are going to be seeing the Classics, but the inclusion of the Campaign Operations cover featuring the Marauder front and center seems to shout that the IP is going to proceed as though March 2017 didn't happen.

That seems to be the case.  :) Hopefull, this'll put a lot of minds at ease, mine included.

Now then, where's my plastic Marauder and Whammy?  :whip:

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1175 on: 29 June 2018, 12:59:06 »
I wonder if the miniatures are made, just waiting for them to be sold...
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

abou

• Captain
« Reply #1176 on: 29 June 2018, 13:01:22 »
For a few, the 3D models are already made. The artist is on DeviantArt and showed at least the BattleMaster, Rifleman, Marauder, and Wolverine. Unfortunately, DeviantArt is down right now so I can't find it.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #1177 on: 29 June 2018, 13:05:20 »
I doubt there was any Production grade minis made and wherehoused, as that would have been money wasted had legal proceedings gone pear shaped.

As previously stated there were some contested designs prototyped, so it should not take to much of a lift to begin production. Just a question of if they are going to go plastics first or just get them to IWM To get them in the public
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1178 on: 29 June 2018, 13:08:18 »
I will lay good money down in a bet that there are no such minis. Don't get your wild fancies up y'all. Production doesn't work like you think it works.

And this is from a mod who never removed his beloved 7th CL Marauder art.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1179 on: 29 June 2018, 13:08:59 »

They did, although I was hoping for a bit more than "We're happy it's resolved, and our (largely unannounced) plans continue apace."

I remain cautiously optimistic, as I wait and see.

abou

• Captain
« Reply #1180 on: 29 June 2018, 13:25:23 »
Here we go.

Some of the new cover art has been done by SpOoKy777: https://www.deviantart.com/spooky777/gallery/

New 3D miniature models done by Sentinel373: https://www.deviantart.com/sentinel373/gallery/

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #1181 on: 29 June 2018, 15:50:28 »
Alrighty... ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, please procede with your discussion.  Be aware, however, if an ongoing discussion of the lawsuit breaks out, it may or may not be moved to the Off-topic section of the forum since a closed lawsuit is not a new or an upcoming release. 
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #1182 on: 29 June 2018, 16:19:19 »
No. That’s hilarious. No.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #1183 on: 29 June 2018, 16:23:34 »

:'( :-\ :'(

AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #1184 on: 29 June 2018, 16:33:54 »
Why would CGL commit money to product they didn't know if they could use? Why would they spend money they didn't know if they could recoup?

Production takes time. Shipping takes time. Packaging takes time.

We will see them. But in their own time. Babies take 9 months to arrive from commencement. Product has its own gestation period.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #1185 on: 29 June 2018, 16:37:08 »
Babies take 9 months to arrive from commencement. Product has its own gestation period.

I really don't want any miniatures Ray or Brent pressed out of one of their holes  :yikes:
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #1186 on: 29 June 2018, 16:47:23 »
You've never seen a high-end 3D printer in operation? Told CGL they shouldn't have gone with Axlotl Inc.  >:D
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

abou

• Captain
« Reply #1187 on: 29 June 2018, 16:54:29 »
You've never seen a high-end 3D printer in operation? Told CGL they shouldn't have gone with Axlotl Inc.  >:D
if anything could be considered a ghola, it would be these guys.

Could be worse though. Elephants take 22 months to gestate. How many metaphors can we think of?

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #1188 on: 29 June 2018, 17:03:43 »
if anything could be considered a ghola, it would be these guys.

Could be worse though. Elephants take 22 months to gestate. How many metaphors can we think of?

Maybe this?Note -- I do not endorse the beverage, just the sentiment.

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #1189 on: 29 June 2018, 17:33:56 »
Production doesn't work like you think it works.
Why would CGL commit money to product they didn't know if they could use? Why would they spend money they didn't know if they could recoup?

Production takes time. Shipping takes time. Packaging takes time.

We will see them. But in their own time. Babies take 9 months to arrive from commencement. Product has its own gestation period.

That just makes it a question of which stage of gestation they were at when the lawsuit hit. Not everybody remembers what the state of things was back then.
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

Joewrightgm

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1190 on: 29 June 2018, 19:15:56 »

Might I venture a suggestion to the designer:  since the mechs that used to be off limits no longer are, would you consider and expansion box to the main ‘game of armored combat’ box; ie, a different set of maps, along with the MAD, the warhammer, etc?

You could (if feasible), add some duplicates of the existing units in the main box, or do a new variant; for example, the K2 catapult, as that requires (basically) a change in the arms?

Food for thought :)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1191 on: 29 June 2018, 19:45:56 »
*proud first public promoter of the aforementioned Succession Wars Expansion Pack . . . *
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #1192 on: 29 June 2018, 20:12:57 »
Hi--lone black Beemer here with a blanket statement:

As AG said, there is no product sitting in a warehouse, ready to rock. That would have been an insane hedge of a legal case whose outcome was far from certain.

There are conversations ongoing, as there always are, about possible future products. Understanding and incorporating this development into those plans will take time.

It's been a week since this happened.
It's literally the middle of con season.
There's what could fairly be called a crash effort happening to get other product ready to go.

The excitement and optimism around this development is great and totally understandable. Please be patient and understand if there aren't new miniatures up for sale this very instant.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Joewrightgm

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1193 on: 29 June 2018, 20:55:35 »
Fully realize my suggestion is a ‘maybe, someday’ type thing; models don’t appear overnight :)

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1194 on: 29 June 2018, 22:05:17 »
For my own part, I'm mostly waiting to see what (if anything) appears at Gencon. I'm hoping for box sets, and a street date to go with them. Of course, I would never say no to more goodies.

Since I won't be there in-person this year, I'm counting on you fine folks to tell me when/if it happens.  8)

sadlerbw

• Captain
Re: Request for the mod team: Specificity required, and soon.
« Reply #1195 on: 02 July 2018, 14:44:22 »
Question: Would you consider either re-relasing the TRO: Succession Wars PDF version, or creating a downloadable addendum to it with entries for the Classics that could not be included thanks to this silliness?

In my opinion, they really did belong in that product.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #1196 on: 02 July 2018, 18:02:23 »
We’re looking at options.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1197 on: 02 July 2018, 18:04:49 »

Super pumped to hear it. And for the record, I'd totally buy an updated DTF TRO: Succession Wars to help get my brother in law into the game.

Just sayin'.

Cheers,

Mad

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1198 on: 02 July 2018, 19:15:49 »

Well, adding the nuSeens in to a hypothetical updated/revised Succession Wars TRO would basically allow you to print your own money.  Doesn't seem like much of a downside  to the scenario :D

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1199 on: 02 July 2018, 19:18:35 »
I would be much more interested in a "TRO: Helm Memory Core" or something like that, because I have a pathological aversion to buying the same book twice with some extra pages in the back.  The new version of Total Warfare gets a pass because it's full of things like rules updates, but for a fluff book no matter how much I want it, that's a hard pass.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Register