Author Topic: 2012 CE Mini?  (Read 26646 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Re: 2012 CE Mini?
« Reply #60 on: 27 May 2012, 18:07:23 »
The arms an nice addition, jump pack...uh...well...

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #61 on: 27 May 2012, 20:01:49 »
Just because IWM listen doesn't mean they will end up doing what a vocal minority of mini buyers may want.

No offense meant, but the Silent Majority needs to speak up.  Since the so-called vocal minority have been complaining about the CE Jumping minis since about 2010, maybe IWM needs to listen to the complaints?  I Personally don't have a problem with the jumping minis, but I agree it IS getting a little old.   :-\  How about more "personality" combos, like the Mad Cat with Aidan Pryde or Orion with Kerensky?  How about a Daishi (Widowmaker) with Natasha Kerensky, or Victor Davion, Kai Allard-Liao or Theodore Kurita with their favorite 'Mechs?  Hell, why not ASK the Fans what they want, rather than giving them what they don't? Again, I have NO problem with the jumping minis, but I think the reason a lot of them sell well at Cons is so they can be re-sold on eBay.  The Jumping Riflemen from last year sold for $20, but now you see them with a Starting bid of $30-40, and they SELL!  I'd Guess it's partly for the rarity, and partly because many people can't make the Cons.  I think an Excellent touch for this year's mini is the interchangeable hands though!  O0  Why not make next years CE mini a 'Mech that's being punched, to go with the many non-jumping Atlases that will be made from this year's CE mini?  ???
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: 27 May 2012, 20:13:27 »
why not ASK the Fans what they want, rather than giving them what they don't?
I think this is a great idea!  We see that each month with the archive special return polls, afterall.
I would hope the resin Union and ESPECIALLY the Overlord dropships would be listed as choices!!!

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #63 on: 27 May 2012, 21:19:32 »

No offense meant, but the Silent Majority needs to speak up. 

Generally the Silent Majority speaks with its wallet.  If sales of the jumping CE minis were bad they would stop doing it.  Unless they just have a business model I don't understand.   ???

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: 27 May 2012, 21:31:52 »
Generally the Silent Majority speaks with its wallet.  If sales of the jumping CE minis were bad they would stop doing it.  Unless they just have a business model I don't understand.   ???

Again, given all the complaints AGAINST Jumpers, I'd say the Vast Majority of the purchases at Cons are for Investment Purposes, rather than for Collections.  What's wrong with giving Fans what they Ask for verbally?   ???
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #65 on: 27 May 2012, 22:19:36 »
Actually you wanna have fun with jump capable mechs" Release jump jets in a blister pack. Jump Jets for everyone!  ;D
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: 27 May 2012, 22:27:28 »
I'LL buy one. I dont know that I'll have it in the air. on a base just starting to blast off most likely. Jumpy Atlas = good clean fun!!!

Mattlov

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Fnord.
« Reply #67 on: 27 May 2012, 22:50:07 »
Jumping poses got old after the Jade Hawk.  The rest have just looked progressively worse.  Another "Con Exclusive" I won't be buying.

I dislike them so much my Jade Hawk is still in the blister!  Haven't even bothered with it.
"The rules technically allow all sorts of bad ideas." -Moonsword

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #68 on: 27 May 2012, 23:43:07 »
Jumping poses got old after the Jade Hawk.  The rest have just looked progressively worse.  Another "Con Exclusive" I won't be buying.

I dislike them so much my Jade Hawk is still in the blister!  Haven't even bothered with it.

I might buy it, but when I buy it, I will be telling them that I am getting it for the pack and the reposed arm, NOT for the jumping.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #69 on: 28 May 2012, 02:45:27 »
I shouldn't like this but for some reason I do!

Go to red alert!
Are you sure sir?  It does mean changing the lightbulb.

DEZOAT

• Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: 28 May 2012, 07:36:50 »
 I like to know who pick this Atlas for limited mini. I think if they were going make jumping mech it should have been the Highlander. What all Star League stuff out now and more coming later would have been better fit. I think the Atlas will sell well. But I think its going to be for parts , arms and the jump pack. I think they ( who pick this mini) missed it totally with Fall Star League. The Highlander would been better fit. Highlander Burial anyone.

M-Rex

• Lieutenant
  • In Ferro, Veritas.
« Reply #71 on: 28 May 2012, 10:06:18 »
I don't quite understand all the negativity towards this piece, and others.  If you don't like it, don't buy it...simple as that.  But, I admit, I'm biased.  I like all the jumping 'mechs and web exclusives. 

Everyone drives a different car, I suppose.

"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round...

"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions." - 'Freelance Writer' Paul

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #72 on: 28 May 2012, 10:45:00 »
I don't quite understand all the negativity towards this piece, and others.  If you don't like it, don't buy it...simple as that.  But, I admit, I'm biased.  I like all the jumping 'mechs and web exclusives. 

Everyone drives a different car, I suppose.

The negativity comes from the uncreative rut that IWM seems to have fallen into "We can't think of a Con Exclusive this year...
Let's make something JUMP!" Basicly, it seems like they aren't even trying anymore. The DFA Jade Hawk and the Jumping Hatchetman were cool...The Jumping thunderbolt was kind of neat...and it was in a neat, dynamic pose..then, last year, the
jumping Rifleman was in a much less cool pose...and now, we get a miniature that we might not even be able to use on a game
board? I mean..yet ANOTHER Atlas sculpt? Seriously? AND it is a jumper? Blerg...If they were going to do a jumping 'mech this
year, it should have been a Highlander or Guillotine, good, solid STAR LEAGUE 'mechs that their jumping is part of what they
are...but a jumping Atlas?  The only canon Jumping Atlas is a Dark Age/TRO 3085 look Atlas. I will say this: if they made the arm and the jet-pack available as stand alone bits? I would buy up  a few of those...but....

I hope NEXT year they do something original...like a ground-bound 'mech in a dynamic and COOL pose..but I am just do not see
myself walking away spending 25 dollars on this Atlas....It is nothing exciting.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

M-Rex

• Lieutenant
  • In Ferro, Veritas.
« Reply #73 on: 28 May 2012, 12:09:12 »
What about a jumping Kanga?   O:-)

"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round...

"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions." - 'Freelance Writer' Paul

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: 28 May 2012, 12:22:44 »
I hope NEXT year they do something original...like a ground-bound 'mech in a dynamic and COOL pose..but I am just do not see
myself walking away spending 25 dollars on this Atlas....It is nothing exciting.

i've already said i'm quite fond of this one, not because of the jumping pose, that's nothing special, but because of the jump pack, but this hear hits it for me. this is one of the things that has been nagging at me, the 25$ cost for what is essentially a 14$ atlas with a 4$ jump pack bit, and it some how comes to 25$. this should be 20$ at most, and if i didn't like it so much i would never spend that kind of money on it.
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

va_wanderer

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #75 on: 28 May 2012, 12:25:26 »
Well, on the up side that's one less thing I have to worry about spending money on at Gencon.  ???

If what I just saw on Facebook is correct, you might be spending it on an Omega instead.

Classic Battletech
Oh yea! Just saw a photo of the unique miniature for Gen Con 2012 from IWM...the Omega is freaking awesme and HUGE!!!! rnb

You could kill a man just throwing one of those the wrong way, if it's metal...

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #76 on: 28 May 2012, 12:43:48 »
I think the mini is awesome. I'm with a few on this, can the jumping be a option.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #77 on: 28 May 2012, 13:55:08 »
even if the plumes aren't separate (which i thought they were) its easy enough to fix it so that it's not jumping.

and what's this i hear about an omega con exclusive!!!!!!! its times like these i wish i could go, hopefully it'll end up on the IWM online exclusive section in a years time
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Werewolf

• Sergeant
  • CWN ANNWN
    • Thomas S. Wolf - Portfolio
« Reply #78 on: 28 May 2012, 15:43:09 »
even if the plumes aren't separate (which i thought they were) its easy enough to fix it so that it's not jumping.

and what's this i hear about an omega con exclusive!!!!!!! its times like these i wish i could go, hopefully it'll end up on the IWM online exclusive section in a years time

TBH, I sincerely hope the Omega isn't a Con exclusive... cos that'll mean I'll get the shaft just for sitting too far to be an attendee. ;)
I hope we get a hint on whether the Omega is a CE or will just feature there first and otherwise will be an online exclusive...
Cpt. Samoth Ze'ev
Unit: CŴN ANNWN, Spectre Company, Command Lance
'Mech: PKP-!A Peacekeeper

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #79 on: 28 May 2012, 15:48:17 »
Wish I could join in on the excitement, but I have no idea what an Omega is.   :-[
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

hawkins180

• Sergeant
« Reply #80 on: 28 May 2012, 15:51:14 »
The Omega is the 150ton SUPERHEAVY from Jihad: Final Reckoning. It made my Davion Guards CRY  :'(
"Okay, credit where it's due: for a little idiot built specifically to come up with stupid, unworkable plans, that was a pretty well-laid trap. " GLaDOS

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #81 on: 28 May 2012, 15:54:51 »
Oh that'll be cool.  O0
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #82 on: 28 May 2012, 16:07:02 »
It's this beast here:
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Werewolf

• Sergeant
  • CWN ANNWN
« Reply #83 on: 28 May 2012, 16:40:00 »
Must have the precioussssss.....

So, who's attending the con? ;)
Cpt. Samoth Ze'ev

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #84 on: 28 May 2012, 16:41:11 »
I will have more news about the omega later tonight.

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: 28 May 2012, 17:12:51 »
Any Guesses on the Price of one Omega?  I'm betting on $30!  :o

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #86 on: 28 May 2012, 17:50:10 »
would someone please provide a link to where this information is coming from?

Werewolf

• Sergeant
  • CWN ANNWN
« Reply #87 on: 28 May 2012, 17:56:10 »
would someone please provide a link to where this information is coming from?

http://twitter.com/#!/catalystgamelab

And then look at the tweet from May 28th, 5:49pm. :)
Cpt. Samoth Ze'ev

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #88 on: 28 May 2012, 18:09:18 »
For those of us behind corporate firewalls, any chance of a copy? Or any pics?

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Werewolf

• Sergeant
  • CWN ANNWN
« Reply #89 on: 28 May 2012, 18:19:38 »
For those of us behind corporate firewalls, any chance of a copy? Or any pics?

W.

No pics yet (that's what the los is waiting for...)..

The tweets wording:
"Oh yea! Just saw a photo of the unique miniature for Gen Con 2012 from IWM...the Omega is freaking awesme and HUGE!!!! rnb"
Cpt. Samoth Ze'ev

Register