Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XIV: Aw, what's in the box!!?  (Read 172627 times)

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XIV: Aw, what's in the box!!?
« Reply #1290 on: 23 July 2019, 13:17:26 »
Now Available - BattleCorps Anthology Vol. 7: Kill Zone

REDEMPTION. RESISTANCE. RESOLVE.

A young Davion MechWarrior seeks to repay a debt incurred by the misfortunes of the Fourth Succession War. A tightly-knit farming community bands together to repel vicious pirates or risk losing their livelihoods…and their lives. A Kurita MechWarrior given a final chance to serve the Dragon stands alone against renegade mercenaries. And the survivors of a crash-landed Steiner command must hold the line against ravenous Word of Blake forces to protect the Allied Coalition’s quest to wrest Terra from the Blakists’ unyielding grip.

Kill Zone: BattleCorps Anthology, Volume 7 collects the very best of the short stories published on the BattleCorps website from 2010. Charge into the war-torn future to experience nine stories filled with BattleMech combat, heroism, betrayal, honor, and duty.

Veteran BattleTech authors Kevin Killiany, Blaine Lee Pardoe, and Jason Schmetzer, alongside fan favorites Craig A. Reed, Jr. and Jason Hansa are showcased in this anthology, which includes an all-new tale from Scribe Award-nominated author Travis Heermann.

Ebook: https://books2read.com/b/mv2j9V

Print on Demand: https://tinyurl.com/BattleCorpsVol7
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1291 on: 23 July 2019, 13:40:32 »
Hmm, that Uziel art gets different background . . . which is funny, b/c its either a RAC or LAC from a custom personal variant.  But IIRC the art existed way before the custom variant.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1292 on: 23 July 2019, 13:43:53 »
Hmm, that Uziel art gets different background . . . which is funny, b/c its either a RAC or LAC from a custom personal variant.  But IIRC the art existed way before the custom variant.

It's not new, it's just blue instead of the green it was on the Tac Ops cover.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1293 on: 23 July 2019, 13:51:25 »
Yeah, and my copy has the Origins sticker right over that Gladiator . . .
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #1294 on: 23 July 2019, 21:05:36 »
Now Available - BattleCorps Anthology Vol. 7: Kill Zone

REDEMPTION. RESISTANCE. RESOLVE.

A young Davion MechWarrior seeks to repay a debt incurred by the misfortunes of the Fourth Succession War. A tightly-knit farming community bands together to repel vicious pirates or risk losing their livelihoods…and their lives. A Kurita MechWarrior given a final chance to serve the Dragon stands alone against renegade mercenaries. And the survivors of a crash-landed Steiner command must hold the line against ravenous Word of Blake forces to protect the Allied Coalition’s quest to wrest Terra from the Blakists’ unyielding grip.

Kill Zone: BattleCorps Anthology, Volume 7 collects the very best of the short stories published on the BattleCorps website from 2010. Charge into the war-torn future to experience nine stories filled with BattleMech combat, heroism, betrayal, honor, and duty.

Veteran BattleTech authors Kevin Killiany, Blaine Lee Pardoe, and Jason Schmetzer, alongside fan favorites Craig A. Reed, Jr. and Jason Hansa are showcased in this anthology, which includes an all-new tale from Scribe Award-nominated author Travis Heermann.

Ebook: https://books2read.com/b/mv2j9V

Print on Demand: https://tinyurl.com/BattleCorpsVol7

Where's Front Lines, the BattleCorps Volume 6 Anthology? I'm happy to have a new anthology, but shouldn't a digital copy of Volume 6 be made available as well?
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1295 on: 23 July 2019, 23:31:12 »
Where's Front Lines, the BattleCorps Volume 6 Anthology? I'm happy to have a new anthology, but shouldn't a digital copy of Volume 6 be made available as well?

It's being worked on.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1296 on: 23 July 2019, 23:38:59 »
Whoah, another day another book! The Kell Hounds Ascendant, previously released as a series of novellas, has been gathered together into one volume and is available as Print on Demand!!

"NEVER BET AGAINST THE KELL BROTHERS…The Kell Hounds are one of the most storied mercenary units in the Inner Sphere. Now, New York Times-bestselling author and Kell Hounds creator Michael A. Stackpole goes back to the Hounds’ beginnings in these three short novels, when Morgan and Patrick Kell were just two smart, ambitious brothers—with a plan to revolutionize the world of mercenaries forever… Not How the Smart Money Bets: Morgan and Patrick Kell land on the mercenary planet Galatea to start their new unit, the Kell Hounds. But a few obstacles in their way, including the biggest one, a ruthless crime lord named Haskell Blizzard. But the Kell brothers have faced long odds before, and come out on top every single time. When the chips are down, the smart money is always on the brothers Kell. A Tiny Bit of Rebellion: Galatea’s capital city, Galaport, is threatened by a new enemy: Bishop Arlington Poore, a religious zealot who wants to bring the entire planet under his repressive theocracy—and is willing to starve millions to do it. The Kell Hounds now have their first job: put down this uprising, and fast. But when a madman has converted thousands of civilians to his side, how will Morgan and Patrick end his misguided crusade without shedding innocent blood? A Clever Bit of Fiction: When the Archon hires the Kell Hounds to provide security for war games with Prince Ian Davion’s forces in a show of combined strength between the Lyran Commonwealth and the Federated Suns, Morgan Kell thinks it’s a chance to relax while getting to know the mercurial leader of the Federated Suns. But when a powerful group of raiders lands on Zavijava, he finds himself facing two threats—stopping the invaders from wrecking the planet while protecting Prince Davion. Trouble is, before the fighting is over, Morgan may have to make a dangerous choice…with the possible fate of three Great Houses lying in the balance…"

Print on Demand: https://tinyurl.com/y49ykxrs

Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1297 on: 23 July 2019, 23:41:42 »
good. i just can't do digital fiction... even on an e-reader

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1298 on: 24 July 2019, 11:45:42 »
Friday for me to get these things.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MrPopo

• Private
« Reply #1299 on: 24 July 2019, 13:31:51 »
Had to register to express my pleasure that the Kell Hounds Ascendant is getting POD and that you're working on Battlecorps Anthology 6.  I've got my fingers crossed that you're going to make A Bonfire of Worlds and the Founding of the Clans trilogy also available on POD.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1300 on: 24 July 2019, 13:44:58 »
in the back of the free fiction, it shows bonfire with updated branding. they don't do that for no reason so here's hoping

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1301 on: 24 July 2019, 13:51:11 »
in the back of the free fiction, it shows bonfire with updated branding. they don't do that for no reason so here's hoping

:D

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1302 on: 24 July 2019, 15:09:19 »
Had to register to express my pleasure that the Kell Hounds Ascendant is getting POD and that you're working on Battlecorps Anthology 6.  I've got my fingers crossed that you're going to make A Bonfire of Worlds and the Founding of the Clans trilogy also available on POD.

Well, 3rd Founding was never written but with Kickstarter it is now supposed to be . . . and the 1st one will be released digitally by August, so it might be POD.  We have had a few products go that route with no indication if they felt it was successful or how long the trial period might be or what projects are candidates for that printing process.
Colt Ward

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1303 on: 24 July 2019, 17:37:32 »
*Throws all of the non-existent money at BattleTech things* Damn I hate being poor and then throwing more money at thing I love!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1304 on: 30 July 2019, 15:18:28 »
I seem to have lost the thread for the reprint of the Tech Manual. What is its status?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1305 on: 30 July 2019, 15:23:24 »
I seem to have lost the thread for the reprint of the Tech Manual. What is its status?
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=64318.msg1518670#msg1518670
?

Available in print as of July 8.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1306 on: 30 July 2019, 15:56:23 »
Thanks!
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #1307 on: 30 July 2019, 15:56:50 »
I got my hands on one.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1308 on: 30 July 2019, 16:00:24 »
is the art on the spine slighty off or was this just mine?

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=65995.0

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1309 on: 30 July 2019, 16:00:59 »
Kind of want the new print TM, because i regard its cover as the single greatest piece of BT art. Color, feel, style.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1310 on: 30 July 2019, 16:20:51 »
One local store I checked in on a few minutes ago had zero Catalyst stuff available across two distributors. Waiting on a second store to get back to me.

kinwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1311 on: 30 July 2019, 16:22:40 »

kinwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1312 on: 30 July 2019, 16:23:59 »
One local store I checked in on a few minutes ago had zero Catalyst stuff available across two distributors. Waiting on a second store to get back to me.

I got it from a FLGS here, so it must be listed in some distributor.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1313 on: 30 July 2019, 16:30:00 »
I got it from a FLGS here, so it must be listed in some distributor.

Luck of the draw on distributors I guess.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1314 on: 30 July 2019, 16:48:03 »
My FLGS has started ordering direct from IWM.  I think we are three orders in, and we have talked to them about the KS . . . apparently the owners are discussing getting involved, but they are not yet.
Colt Ward

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1315 on: 30 July 2019, 17:29:28 »
is the art on the spine slighty off or was this just mine?

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=65995.0

Which of the books have this spine? Techmanual, Total Warfare, and...?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1316 on: 30 July 2019, 17:35:57 »
Just those two so far. Reprints of TO and SO are planned

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #1317 on: 30 July 2019, 17:40:49 »
Not ATOW? or is legends replacing it entirely?

Lifepath and point-based build systems meh. Won't be sad to see it go.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1318 on: 30 July 2019, 17:59:56 »
Not ATOW? or is legends replacing it entirely?

Lifepath and point-based build systems meh. Won't be sad to see it go.

I haven't seen any change of plans regarding the rest of the books. I believe they intend to continue with the reprint styles past SO.

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #1319 on: 30 July 2019, 18:04:44 »
My FLGS has started ordering direct from IWM.  I think we are three orders in, and we have talked to them about the KS . . . apparently the owners are discussing getting involved, but they are not yet.

2 IWM orders so far, but they will take requests for the next order. I talked to them again Thursday about the KS and they are doing the kickstarter. I told them there are locals that will be interested in packs. They said they will put people on a list and wont charge them till later when they come in.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook