Author Topic: Jade Falcon Unit Insignia  (Read 23794 times)

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
Re: Jade Falcon Unit Insignia
« Reply #30 on: 01 July 2018, 18:10:13 »
Hey everyone, hope this is ok with Bren but since he hasn't finished his 5th Battle Cluster insignia (i.e. colorized) and I am looking for one for a fan project I took his below and did my best. What do you think?

Diane Anu's killer 5th Battle Cluster; "Golden talons gripping a dead wolf set against a black shield below a gold 'V'."

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 26 May 2019, 03:43:08 »
Lookin' good Takiro. I'll put the 5th Battle Cluster near the top to finish off - though for the size you needed everything seems OK.

Made some new sketches ... couple of non-Falcon ones to break from the script!

Clan Hell's Horses - 11th Mechanized Cavalry - a hexagonal shield, bisected diagonally, with a red upper-left half and white lower-left. Centred on the shield is a black, stylized, rearing horse.

Clan Jade Falcon - 5th Falcon Regulars - a Puma OmniMech standing before a silver daggerstar.

Clan Steel Viper - 4th Viper Guards - two fangs dripping venom.

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #32 on: 26 May 2019, 22:57:55 »
Thanks Bren, liking your new sketches too. Good to see you posting again!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #33 on: 27 May 2019, 14:12:14 »
THese are all great :D
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #34 on: 02 June 2019, 01:19:19 »
Well I tried the patch thing again. Different method this time ... didn't quite work out as I hoped, but better than my last go at it.

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #35 on: 02 June 2019, 21:11:50 »
Well I tried the patch thing again. Different method this time ... didn't quite work out as I hoped, but better than my last go at it.

Wow, looks great!

I went with Jade green on the outer pipping to denote the Clan of course but gold works well.

The first picture looks like an actual real patch. And in both the wolf is much more defined. Very nice!

To be a bit of a pain in the butt is there an easy way to get a white background that the patch is set against? I had planned on it for the fanfic art.  ;)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 09 June 2019, 09:19:26 »
This looks amazing!

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
    • Clan Snow Wolf - Homepage
« Reply #37 on: 08 December 2019, 11:20:37 »
@ Bren how you would paint the Jade Wolf Clan Insignia ?

Vengeant

• Recruit
« Reply #38 on: 22 September 2021, 19:23:16 »
I know this is a 'necro' but I just need to say... this is fantastic.  I can do words, not pictures, so I love that there are people in this world with the tools that can make stuff like this.

For what it's worth, I run MegaMek campaigns for my friends, and have for about 10 years now -- this stuff is so valuable!

Check out my Battletech history video series on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow6RkKrCd2I&list=PLz6Vc2hNra8nni7pI2bDp41cEAwg3jsZr

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #39 on: 23 September 2021, 19:24:21 »
These are very awesome Clan unit insignias, still hoping that Bren is working on finishing a few of those sketches.  :thumbsup:

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #40 on: 23 September 2021, 19:28:43 »
Random thought, but, for all those same images w/ the Falcon swooping around a world.
They appear to have Front Line themed names attached, but, I'd change that.
I'd assign those to the "Garrison" Clusters & have each world be an image of where they are stationed.
I don't recall what the Falcons use for 2nd Line names if its anything different from Front Line but if it is, that's how I'd do it.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #41 on: 25 September 2021, 05:07:00 »
Have I been slacking on this or what ...

Doy: Since Jade Wolf was a political manoeuvre that didn't last until coffee break, I never really considered it 'real'. If anything they would only have had time to maybe recolour the Wolf crest green or simply just paint over it entirely.

Hellraiser: I get where you're coming from but all of the descriptions I'm going by are straight from the sourcebooks. The Provisional Garrison Clusters are the ones that don't have their own insignia, and just have a number below the Galaxy crest. eg: the 6th Provisional Garrison Cluster is a number '6' underneath their Galaxy's insignia.

Couldn't post again without adding to the bunch -- refined the insignia sketch for the Cluster:

As I posted above, the Turkina Keshik insignias we have seen have never particularly stirred my Falcon pride, I always pictured something much more aggressive from the original description; "A plummeting Jade Falcon in full cry clutching a golden sword set against a shadowed blue world."
« Last Edit: 26 September 2021, 03:19:31 by Bren »

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #42 on: 25 September 2021, 08:18:19 »
Very awesome Bren!

I'd agree that PGCs get minimal insignias as their importance is low. Over time that could change if so desired or impacted by the story.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 25 September 2021, 08:51:42 »
These are brilliant :)

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #44 on: 02 October 2021, 15:15:18 »
In light of recent Falcon events I figured the 7th Regulars would be a fitting addition.

7th Falcon Regulars Cluster: 'A Scottish piper playing a bagpipe on a knoll, silhouetted against a jade moon.'

Also during a recent Wikipedia rabbit hole I by chance came across the archaic Greek letter digamma ( F ) -- and the fact that the original name for this character was vau/wau/waw. I think changing my representation to stick with the Greek theme is the way to go.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #45 on: 02 October 2021, 15:54:05 »
Doy: Since Jade Wolf was a political manoeuvre that didn't last until coffee break, I never really considered it 'real'. If anything they would only have had time to maybe recolour the Wolf crest green or simply just paint over it entirely.

That's exactly what the one piece of canon art shows: a Falcon-shaped patch of primer, and a green wolf logo. On one of the book covers.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #46 on: 02 October 2021, 20:49:50 »
In light of recent Falcon events I figured the 7th Regulars would be a fitting addition.

7th Falcon Regulars Cluster: 'A Scottish piper playing a bagpipe on a knoll, silhouetted against a jade moon.'

Another great job of bringing the Jade Falcon Sourcebook to life, bravo sir!

More Cluster insignias please!!

BlackAdderIII

• Recruit
  • Unabashed Clanner Scumâ„¢
« Reply #47 on: 11 October 2021, 17:19:32 »

I used your insignia for the 2nd Falcon Jaegers for this art of me a friend did. I really like your designs keep it up!

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #48 on: 12 October 2021, 06:50:30 »
That's exactly what the one piece of canon art shows: a Falcon-shaped patch of primer, and a green wolf logo. On one of the book covers.
You sure?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #49 on: 13 October 2021, 01:58:00 »
Looks like I misremembered.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #50 on: 15 October 2021, 18:05:53 »
I thought the one time they showed it was in the Falcon/Wolf Scenario book.
Or maybe its just in the novel.
I thought it was basically a Clan Wolf symbol in Jade/Green.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #51 on: 15 October 2021, 19:03:22 »
I thought the one time they showed it was in the Falcon/Wolf Scenario book.
Or maybe its just in the novel.
I thought it was basically a Clan Wolf symbol in Jade/Green.
Haven't search for text, so there may be descriptions of it in the books.

The only other image I can find that may be it is the belt buckle of the female on p. 47 of The Falcon and the Wolf (attached). Obviously it's not in color as there are no color images inside the book, just Natasha getting BBQ'd on the cover.

It's more likely that people just remember wrong, or saw some fan art that they remember as being canon, like with the "gray wolf" Wolf in Exile logo that some still think is canon.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #52 on: 07 February 2024, 08:45:29 »
Hey, just found this thread, looks great !

Can I make a request for the "First Falcon Jaegers" please

(When MW5: Clans comes out, gonna make a play on words with Jaegers to Jaguar, as they are on loan to them to help out haha)

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #53 on: 07 February 2024, 14:53:04 »
Oh darn, I thought there was new insignias by Bren up here. Love the work!