Author Topic: Battle Armor of the Week - Rottweiler  (Read 18295 times)

Aldous

• Lieutenant
Re: Battle Armor of the Week - Rottweiler
« Reply #30 on: 27 July 2013, 05:35:45 »
I'm glad the upgrade variant was introduced. It gives the LCAF's rather mediocre BA forces (verdict does not include TRO 3145 obviously, I hope we'll be positively surprised by that one) a suit that's actually able to compete with all those overpowered Clan BAs north of the realm.

Mediocre? LCAF had access to AFFS equipment from the AFFC era. Their BA is deadly alongside their assault mechs.

Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Here comes the pain, Clan filth!
« Reply #31 on: 27 July 2013, 05:51:38 »
I was more referring to the indigenous Lyran BA equipment.
The Rottweiler is good, the Sloth a joke, the Fenrir I really, really subpar, though I hope the Fenrir II will correct its flaws and update it with newer tech.
The Gray Death stuff never really stuck me as "interesting" or even "good".

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 27 July 2013, 06:02:26 »
Mediocre? LCAF had access to AFFS equipment from the AFFC era. Their BA is deadly alongside their assault mechs.
Not really, take a look at the MUL, they get the Cavalier (Weird, it's a post FC design), the Grey Death line, the standard and the Sloth, Rottweiler and Fenrir in addition to the various civilian suites everyone has

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 27 July 2013, 09:32:36 »
I'm hoping for Reinforced Armour on the Fenrir 2.
But what will they drop? 1 speed (160 kg of armour goodness)? Or reduce the payload?
Anyways, not the place for it.
I think the Rottweiler is really the BA hunter that the Sloth was apparently supposed to be, and short of a new Sloth appearing armed with two KDs, it'll do it's job quite well.
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Here comes the pain, Clan filth!
« Reply #34 on: 27 July 2013, 10:30:03 »
The Slot amount has been more of an issue with the Fenrir's turret. Stealth armor wouldn't hurt either.

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
« Reply #35 on: 27 July 2013, 11:35:17 »
I was more referring to the indigenous Lyran BA equipment.
The Rottweiler is good, the Sloth a joke, the Fenrir I really, really subpar, though I hope the Fenrir II will correct its flaws and update it with newer tech.
The Gray Death stuff never really stuck me as "interesting" or even "good".

I'd have a lot of success with the Fenrir, but it has to be used in a combined arms style where there are other more pressing threats to deal with (either nasty 'Mechs to deal with or the Fenrir's transports) and yeah, they can still go away in a turn.  But I've also had games where a squad or two of Fenrir's turned the tide with their added firepower and speed keeping the opponent off balance.

I haven't really used the Rotties much because of the lack of firepower, but I'm considering trying them again along side the Fenrir's and Fenrir II's.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #36 on: 28 July 2013, 16:18:16 »
It will be interesting when the complied TRO 3145 comes out.  I thought i read somewhere that its suppose to have Old is the New New section.  Maybe a 3145 Rottweiler will be in the cards.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register