Author Topic: Sourcebooks for the same house  (Read 1314 times)

lambesk

• Recruit
Sourcebooks for the same house
« on: 03 January 2020, 10:04:16 »
Hello.  I haven't played BattleTech since my college days and a whole heck of a lot has changed since then.  While perusing the selection of items available for purchase on DriveThru-RPG, I noticed that there are several items that seem to duplicate information.  If I'm looking at purchasing a sourcebook on House Marik, for instance, would it be a good idea to get the more recent Handbook even if I'm more interested in the Succession Wars era?  There's a House Marik sourcebook available that is based in that time period, but the newer book covers all the way up to the Civil War.  The periphery seems to have three books for sale, not counting the recently release House Arano (another item of interest btw).  It seems I could theoretically use the more recent handbooks for multiple eras, but I could be mistaken.  Another reason why I ask is because I didn't see House Davion or Liao available for purchase, so there'd be a bit of a gap in my collection should I go that route.  Thanks for any insight you can give me!

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: Sourcebooks for the same house
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2020, 20:43:35 »
Hello lambesk, sorry for the reading comprehension fail on my part, but I’m not sure if you’re asking which are the newer books as opposed to the older ones, or if your asking if there’s any value to getting the older ones instead of just the newer ones? Let me know and I’ll help out when I pop over here again. Thanks
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

lambesk

• Recruit
Re: Sourcebooks for the same house
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2020, 21:15:14 »
Hello Adrian. Thanks for replying. I was asking if there's any value in getting the older books.