Author Topic: ERROR: PM System Not Functioning?  (Read 1329 times)

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
ERROR: PM System Not Functioning?
« on: 26 January 2016, 20:52:44 »
I sent 2 PMs on 8 JAN (to the same person), then another on 11 JAN (to a different person), and I've received no reply to any of the 3 messages.  While I didn't expect OR Want a reply within 10 minutes of any of them, it has now been over 2.5 WEEKS since I sent them.  Is there a problem with the PM system NOW, or Was there one when I sent my messages?   ???

BOTH recipients ARE Active Members here, and the one I sent the last PM to made a post within hours of me sending them the PM.  I KNOW both are posting here, so I know the Problem isn't that they simply "haven't been around lately", in order to receive/read their PMs.   :-\
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: ERROR: PM System Not Functioning?
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2016, 21:03:52 »
GRUD,

No-one else has reported any issues with the PM system, and I can say it's been working for me.

Try sending me a PM, and post here when you've done so - I'll check when I see your post.

Cheers,

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2016, 22:12:15 »
PM Sent "Today at 23:09:24", according to my Sent Box.   O0

Basically, at 9:09 PM, CMT (USA, Missouri), on 26 January, 2016.
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2016, 08:30:52 »
Hi GRUD,

After reviewing the forum logs and your PM history I can say that both messages were properly sent and received. My guess is that the recipients have just not gotten around to responding yet. However, if it helps I'll monitor all communication coming and going from your account for remainder of the week.

Let us know if you have any other forum issues.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2016, 01:15:06 »
Thanks!   O0   I've received a reply to the first 2, and that cleared some things up.  It seems I'll need to "Redirect" those messages now though.   :-\  Thanks for looking into things!  Between my home PC running IE 9 AND it having some sort of virus, I never know WHAT the cause is for any problems I have recently.   #P