Author Topic: Celerity 05-X Charge Damage  (Read 1386 times)

Nahuris

• Captain
Celerity 05-X Charge Damage
« on: 02 January 2020, 18:12:31 »
It's a rare niche mech, but had a discussion with another person on the damage --- in AS, it's size, times inches moved, divided by 8 ... in the case, of the Celerity, that would be 48, so 6 damage, and the spikes it has, which add Melee would make that 7.... that is my interpretation on it.

The person I was talking to, believes that since MEL raises the melee value by one, as though it were one class higher, that you use that, which would give that Celerity a damage of 12 ..... if you managed a full 48 inch charge.

I am putting this out, as a light mech making a 12 point charge, with impact resistant armor seems a bit much..... but I do want to clarify, in case I am wrong.

Nahuris
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: Celerity 05-X Charge Damage
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2020, 19:44:37 »
MEL does not treat your size as one higher, it adds one damage to a particular kind of physical attack that does not that include charges.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Descronan

• Master Sergeant
  • "No multi-pass."
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2020, 13:07:36 »
This is why we house-ruled charges to doing +1 damage. The current rules make kamikaze attacks far too powerful with fast, light units.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2020, 15:23:44 »
As Scotty said, there is no interaction between MEL and Charges.  MEL allows, and only affects, the special Melee Physical Attack. MEL does not affect standard physical attacks or special physical attacks (charges and death from above).

Celerities are munchkin 'mechs meant to exploit charges. But yeah, that would be 6, not 12.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Nahuris

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2020, 12:24:32 »
I do appreciate it .... again, pretty much what I expected, but figured that clarification can only help everyone on the table.

Nahuris
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."

Register