Author Topic: Claws and Fist Fire SPA  (Read 964 times)

Mendou

• Master Sergeant
Claws and Fist Fire SPA
« on: 30 March 2020, 06:23:13 »
I did a quick search to see if this was clarified anywhere, but didn't find anything; so, here's my question: Can the Fist Fire SPA be used with Claws?

Fist Fire specifies that the 'Mech must have a Hand Actuator to use it (Campaign Operations, p. 75). Claws take the place of Hand Actuators (Tactical Operations Corrected Second Printing, pp. 288-289). Does the Claw count as a Hand Actuator for the purpose of the SPA?

Any guidance on this would help. Thank you.

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
Re: Claws and Fist Fire SPA
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2020, 06:30:35 »
It would be better suited for the rules question(CO). By RAW it is not because it requires full actuators, but who knows they ruled that it is possible.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Claws and Fist Fire SPA
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2020, 06:34:59 »
Fist Fire's rule requires "full actuation (a functional shoulder, upper arm, lower arm and hand). The description of Claws says "These specially modified hand actuators.."
Based on that, and the fact they can pick up things (the only "drawback" being they might damage whatever they pick up), I'd allow it. The claws have actuation.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets